Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 14:18   #76

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
Re: Bullying on the Waterway ( Sunset Lake, Miami )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor View Post
Elton John and Ayn Rand? Ah, of course..."Madman Across the Water".
Old 09-05-2011, 14:28   #77
Armchair Bucketeer

Almost a shame not to be in that locale. Game on

Almost
Old 09-05-2011, 14:35   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor View Post
I just noticed Fred Karlton removed his profile picture from Facebook.
Old 09-05-2011, 14:47   #79

Boat: Kadey Krogen 38 - Seaventure

While we were anchored there in January Fred proceeded to yell obscenities at the Canadian boat anchored directly behind his house on day 2. There was also lots of go back to where you came from type comments too. They ignored him. We dinghied by and apologized for him being such an ass.
Old 09-05-2011, 15:40   #80

Boat: Tanzer 26, Walk22

Sounds like a great place for the next Sailing Anarchy raft up.......
Old 09-05-2011, 16:43   #81

Boat: Traditional 30

There is a 1970s Aussie song from a band called The Angles that would work for this guy,. (warning- adult lyrics in the crowd participation- although its the crowd participation that says it all)

Old 09-05-2011, 17:19   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozskipper View Post
and most likely a very small.. ummmm.... err...You know what I mean.
Agressive people are usually compensating for that lower appendage or a very low self esteem. Perhaps both in this case.
Oz, here in the states we call that kind of boat on his dock a "little d**k boat" for obvious reasons. People like him never anchor the boat, they take it out and roar up and down the intercoastal to show off.
Old 09-05-2011, 17:28   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
Be careful here. This is Miami Beach and he is one of the city commissioner and a powerful well known guy. I'm not sure how the police will react. Also I will not recommend this CF to incite (directly or indirectly) people doing crazy things to retaliate. Careful.
So he is a "powerful well known guy"... I am impressed NOT. When people like him abuse their power here in fla it eventually comes back to bite them on the tush. Cops who refuse to do the job my tax dollars pay them to do get reported to the FDLE pronto. He is a City Commissioner.. oh joy...so you politely sign up to have a talk in chambers durin ga meeting and file a very public complaint with video and alert the local news stations...
To bad the Miami News is not longer in print. They would eat this stuff up yum in a heartbeat...but so does the Herald.

As long as I follow the law and do nothing more than exercise my free rights and he violates them, HE is in the wrong not me. I have no fear of his kind.. exactly what are you implying? He should remember that he is not the only with "power" at his hand or that knows people. Florida is a large state....
Old 09-05-2011, 17:40   #84

Boat: Lindenberg 26 & Aloha 8.2

I have experienced many a cruiser running a genset while anchored and pissing off everyone else in the anchorage, it would not surprise me if fred has experienced something similar, just sayin. That said i think noise cancelling headphones and mirrored covers for the windows would be part of my boats equipment if i were cruising that area and planning a stop in Freds backyard
Old 09-05-2011, 18:06   #85

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

I called the Miami Herald and left a message about this. The Miami Beach reporter was gone for the day. Maybe a little bad publicity will make Freddie act more civilized. BOB
Old 09-05-2011, 18:46   #86

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
So he is a "powerful well known guy"... I am impressed NOT. When people like him abuse their power here in fla it eventually comes back to bite them on the tush. Cops who refuse to do the job my tax dollars pay them to do get reported to the FDLE pronto. He is a City Commissioner.. oh joy...so you politely sign up to have a talk in chambers durin ga meeting and file a very public complaint with video and alert the local news stations...
To bad the Miami News is not longer in print. They would eat this stuff up yum in a heartbeat...but so does the Herald.

As long as I follow the law and do nothing more than exercise my free rights and he violates them, HE is in the wrong not me. I have no fear of his kind.. exactly what are you implying? He should remember that he is not the only with "power" at his hand or that knows people. Florida is a large state....
I'm not implying anything at all.. I'm just being realistic.. I know life (age perhaps) and I know , even if you have the right and the law with you, you sometimes get burned.
Not always the good guy wins, (only in Hollywood)
I was telling to be careful in organizing any harsh action...
I know , how it works in Miami. I have been living here for quite some years now...
Old 09-05-2011, 19:35   #87

As of right now when you type in Fred Karlton in a google search this thread comes up on the second page, second post from the top. If google moves it up two more spots it will be in the top ten first page search for Fred Karlton.
Old 09-05-2011, 19:42   #88

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Fred Karlton

Yea, I know that won't help.
Old 09-05-2011, 20:10   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
I'm not implying anything at all.. I'm just being realistic.. I know life (age perhaps) and I know , even if you have the right and the law with you, you sometimes get burned.
Not always the good guy wins, (only in Hollywood)
I was telling to be careful in organizing any harsh action...
I know , how it works in Miami. I have been living here for quite some years now...
Of course you are, or you would not have posted the above. LMAO. I cut my teeth on backroom SC politics and married into Fla politics..after being married into the military and other life experiences not much scares me but snakes and blue hairs in caddy's on Collins Ave. Its down and dirty and if you think that MR Karlton has nothing to hide think again.. I am sure if I dug a little more than just googling his name.. for me Karlton Investment Group came up #1, his FB page #2 and this little gem #3.
Beach Commission Candidate Fredric Karlton Had Some Lady Troubles - Miami News - Riptide 2.0
In court papers, Mestre has repeatedly accused Karlton of harassing and physically abusing her. According to an August 7, 2004 police report,

Apparently the man has a history of this behavior. Miami/MB politics has always been down an dirty..didnt you guys just recall they mayor? I have a subscription to the Herald, its alsmost as amusing as the National Enquirer. I do miss the Miami News though, great paper.
Old 09-05-2011, 20:58   #90
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sww914 View Post
Fred Karlton is a bad man.
I'm not certain that the facts of the case warrant such a verdict. It's possible, for example, that he's merely a pathetic man.

Tags
miami