Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 21:36   #91

Re: Bullying on the Waterway ( Sunset Lake, Miami )

Start a rumor that Osama bin Laden's body was seen floating there. He'll get lots of company,,,
There's bound to be a noise ordinance, call the police, complain, "no I don't want to meet with the officer, I'm his neighbor and I don't want him to know I am the one who called." Cops come, tell him to cease and desist, he redirects his anger at cops. Problem solved. Or just anchor somewhere else? What he has might be contagious.

There's an old hillbilly saying "Just cuz you see a hornet's nest, don't mean you have to throw a rock in it."
Old 09-05-2011, 21:43   #92

" If this goes on long enough he will do something to land him in the news or jail."

People get in the news, and in jail, for shooting other people...just a thought.
Old 09-05-2011, 21:44   #93

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40
Are we being played?

Is this a case of the web gone wrong????

mv.closeknit comes to this forum -- HAS NEVER POSTED HERE BEFORE and tells a tale of alleged harassment. No proof, no corroboration, and no established history/reputation. We don't know this anonymous poster. Does mv.closeknit have an agenda or a personal grudge? Did this incident really happen?

Maybe it happened. Maybe not.

Readers are angered and some of you (without any proof) are actually actively trying to defame the alleged perpetrator. No judge, no trial, no evidence! Some are trying to hurt his business/personal reputation on the web. At least one poster has suggested nasty pranks by ordering false deliveries or expressing phony interest in products/bids that would cost innocent businesses lost employee time, money and wasted product. That is a low road! Why not just go all the way and form a lynch mob?

This is an awful thread and it's not what justice should be about. This is a moderated forum. If the moderators are doing their job they will strike this whole thread at least until real evidence is posted and mv.closeknit comes out of anonymity and reveals identity that carries a reputation and the implied responsibility that goes with that.
Old 09-05-2011, 21:52   #94

Re: Are we being played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailFastTri View Post

mv.closeknit comes to this forum -- HAS NEVER POSTED HERE BEFORE and tells a tale of alleged harassment. No proof, no corroboration, and no established history/reputation. We don't know this anonymous poster. Does mv.closeknit have an agenda or a personal grudge? Did this incident really happen?

Readers are angered and some of you (without any proof) are actually actively trying to defame the alleged perpetrator. No judge, no trial, no evidence! Some are trying to hurt his business/personal reputation on the web. At least one poster has suggested nasty pranks by ordering false deliveries or expressing phony interest in products/bids that would cost innocent businesses lost employee time, money and wasted product. That is a low road! Why not just go all the way and form a lynch mob?

This is an awful thread and it's not what justice should be about. This is a moderated forum. If the moderators are doing their job they will strike this whole thread at least until real evidence is posted and mv.closeknit comes out of anonymity and reveals identity that carries a reputation and the implied responsibility that goes with that.

Good question Frederic N (Fred) Karlton
Old 09-05-2011, 21:56   #95

Boat: 2017 Leopard 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by catty View Post
Good question Frederic N (Fred) Karlton
HaHa! How many posts are next to my name?
Old 09-05-2011, 22:19   #96

Boat: Morgan Classic 41

Ok. I don't have a slew of posts to my name either, but you can see that I'm not someone who "just joined." I personally know Al and Jennifer of Close Knit and can and will vouch for them as being fine, upstanding people. As for all the mudslinging towards this Fredric dude, most of that has been being done by the CF folks here, not Close Knit. They reported the incident and CF members have done the rest. Check out the posts; even some of the mods have been active on this thread. Lets not condemn some good people for giving us cruisers a heads up about a possible trouble maker who tossed out verbal threats towards another cruiser.
Now back to your mud slingin'.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:01   #97

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Of course you are, or you would not have posted the above. LMAO. I cut my teeth on backroom SC politics and married into Fla politics..after being married into the military and other life experiences not much scares me but snakes and blue hairs in caddy's on Collins Ave. Its down and dirty and if you think that MR Karlton has nothing to hide think again.. I am sure if I dug a little more than just googling his name.. for me Karlton Investment Group came up #1, his FB page #2 and this little gem #3.
Beach Commission Candidate Fredric Karlton Had Some Lady Troubles - Miami News - Riptide 2.0
In court papers, Mestre has repeatedly accused Karlton of harassing and physically abusing her. According to an August 7, 2004 police report,

Apparently the man has a history of this behavior. Miami/MB politics has always been down an dirty..didnt you guys just recall they mayor? I have a subscription to the Herald, its alsmost as amusing as the National Enquirer. I do miss the Miami News though, great paper.
Again I'm NOT implying anything and I don't care about that man. If you knew me better you would be laughing at what YOU are implying about me.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:22   #98

Boat: Columbia 41

"heh....
The only problem is you don't get to see their faces...
I make all my liberal donations in the name of someone whom I feel will REALLY not appreciate it ; -)"

Very interesting. And I thought this site did not permit political postings. I suppose those would be postings relating to conservative topics such as high taxes and government parasites making a living off of working people. Someone performs opposition research on a Republican donor yet you do not know if original post was or was not by your subject's political enemy. Was the subject really an obnoxious a-hole or are you providing an open forum for the Florida Democrat Party? And how did you obtain all those shore-side photos? And to top it off the moderator pulls her personal animus for Sarah Palin into the discussion. What gives?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:34   #99
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Fred Karlton is not, and never was a Commissioner. He was a candidate, who dropped out prior to the election. He was subsequently fined for failing to report his campaign expenses on time.

"... Although Karlton declined to comment on his reasons for dropping his candidacy, many wondered if the decision had something to do with an Aug. 25 Miami New Times article which reported years-old allegations by Karlton’s former girlfriend and mother of his teenage son Janet Mestre, that he had been physically abusive to her ..."

More ➥ http://theleadmiamibeach.com/2009/091809/news.html

FWIW:

"... Fred Karlton has lost three WaveRunners (to thieves).

Fred Karlton: "I put it on the floating docks over here, and about two weeks later, it was stolen."

After catching thieves in the act of trying to take his fourth, he gave up storing it at his dock.

Fred Karlton: "I've had to take my WaveRunner out of the water and put it on a trailer and keep it inside the confines of the house." ..."

More ➥ http://www.wsvn.com/features/article...lcase/MI89033/

Old 10-05-2011, 04:48   #100

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

quote, "And how did you obtain all those shore-side photos?"

I only see one shore-side photo. The one I posted early in the thread. It came from Google Maps, a street view photo publicly available to anyone in the world. The pink flamingo in the yard I mentioned is actually the Google Maps location marker "A".

The photo from off shore apparently was taken from the boat of the original poster of this thread.

The quote from Active Captain in the first paragraph of the first post is what this thread is about. And then, common internet research reveals details about the person involved. I see no conspiracy, but apparently I'm more familiar with today's technology.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:59   #101
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold

Looks like s/v Closeknit has confused Cruisers Forum with Cruisers Net.

Apparently they posted about the Karlton incident on Cruisers Net and Craig Claiborne removed the thread. They complained about it on their blog, but erroneously stated that CrusiersForum removed the thread.

Quote:
After what was turning into a fun & interesting discussion about Sunset Lake our comment & the whole thread has been removed by the moderators at CruisersForum. Guess they do not believe in freedom of speech or freedom of anchoring rights!!!!! Figured it was one place that would listen & be interested.
Closeknit's blog: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY | For As Long As It Lasts
Old 10-05-2011, 05:14   #102

Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"

The thread did disappear here early on, as it was scrubbed of certain suggested retaliations. . . . Then it reappeared. Maybe Closeknit made that blog entry during that interval.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:14   #103

Boat: Samson C Ranger - "Tin Cup" & Samson C-Farer - "Sam McGee"

I just found the thread on cruisersnet, searched under sunset lake.

However only the address and not the owners name is in the article.

So far it looks like it has made it on CruisersForum, L&A as well as cruisersnet.

I hope he appreciates all the attention.

Great little article

theLead: News
Old 10-05-2011, 05:40   #104
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Bullying on the Waterway ( Sunset Lake, Miami )

Personally I think this threads hilarious....
And thats where I'll leave it... seems this kinda character assasination and active encouragement off harrassment is acceptable only from US citizens...
Enjoy...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:56   #105
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailFastTri View Post

First, as pointed out, the OP quotes information from Activecaptain.com that confirms their experience. Also at least one other post on this thread, #38 from Seaventure also confirms similar actions from Mr Karlton.

Seems like evidence to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
miami