Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2021, 16:26   #10
cruiser

Boat: 2017
Re: Refrigerator issue Danfoss bd35

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcboating View Post
Thanks for your responses and efforts to help

So I have done the following:

Taken a battery out of my boat and brought it to the bench. The battery is 1 year old and on the boat it is hooked up to a pro mariner 3 bank 110v battery charger. So I feel the battery is good quality and maintained by the battery charger. I ran the battery charger last night to make sure it was topped off. The volts on the battery are reading 13v and during all my attempts to mess with it it never went below 12.7. (As a side note the Tundra AC converter that came with the fridge was providing 24v at the controller terminals.

The wires are over size with 15 amp fuse inline. Basically a 3ft run. Wires are hooked with new terminal connectors.

With the thermostat jumper in place and the fan disconnected every once and a while the compressor will turn on. Longest it’s run was 5 min other times it’s just for a second.

When the compressor runs the fridge does get cold.

I have moved the controller around and examined the circuits to see if anything is obviously loose. I have also unplugged the plug going to the compressor and reinstalled and moved those wires to the compressor around while power is applied to see if there were any type of shorts in them. None of this seems to make the compressor turn on consistently.

Still doing the 5 led flash.
Suggest you re-read my post here #2 especially "Next, continue to monitor the voltage as the compressor starts or attempts to start." Test only with a multi-meter at the MDM + &- terminals as described. This is the industry recognised method of determining failure to start / run due to voltage drop. You could also check terminals for heat after failed run / starts as a bad connection will often get quite hot.
OzeLouie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator