Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2011, 01:10   #27

Location: Cruising the West coast of Sumatra and the offshore islands, surfing!!
Boat: Feltz Skorpion mark 11A, Aluminium 39' sloop, constructed Hamburg. https://photobucket.com/eloise_01
Send a message via Skype™ to surfmachine
Re: Help with Refrigeration Decisions . . .

Avast! My Engel died the first day I got to Sumatra!! The compressor swing motor has a dead short in it, and it used heaps of power when the temp was 38C!!! Would not freeze, only cool. A low capacity unit.
Had a danfoss bd35 in the old boat, would freeze in 15 minutes and ran off of the 150 watt solar panels, no need to charge the batteries with the motor.

Going to put the bd50 and a small vertical freezer/evaporator in when I return to Langkawi, costs a lot, but it WORKS!!!! in the tropics and makes ice cubes and I can make ice cream when the surf drops?
Cheers from Keith.

Tags
refrigeration