Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 03:22   #61

Boat: 1998 Rosborough 246 LSV
Re: Air Conditioner, which one???

I installed a second air cooled rooftop RV unit on my Ranger R25 in South Florida. Run it 24/7 on shore or inverter power. No thru Hull, no pumps, no problem. So quiet you forget it is on.

Since it doesn’t say ‘Marine’ it was cheap. Throw it away if it breaks or rusts out.
captstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:36   #62

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

I'm also looking at installing a couple of 16,000 but (or so) units in our boat.. sure getting lots of info out of this great thread...t
thanks... one twist in my case is that ill need the units to run on 220V..
Frigomar seems to be the winner so far... just need to sell the boat to get afford them!!
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:25   #63

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Have followed all the recent threads on marine AC but none seemed to focus specifically on which brand so thought I would try to gather all this in one thread. So far I have identified: Dometic, Webasto,Pompanette, MarinAire, Flagship,

Any and all opinions and recommendations welcome.
We are live aboard in the Caribbean. We have two on board and have never used them. They use too much power to consider except with shore power. We don’t care to hear the generator and two AC units running. The fuel used and subsequent heating by the generator are unacceptable.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:10   #64

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

We like to be cool when in marinas where we can't swing and air is compromised.. we don't have a generator and don't want one..
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 09:18   #65
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

My cat currently has 3 CruiseAir units that go to 6 evaporators. 5 ton's of AC total. For two years I've been looking at the MarinAire units and will probably get them in November. IMO they are pretty slick and I'll end up with 3.5 tons total. The 6000 btu units only draw 3 amps at 230v total. Great price point and very lightweight. I'll probably remove 200 pounds from my stern and end up with better comfort control.
https://www.marinaire.com/
Old 21-12-2021, 09:53   #66

Yes, Dometic has cool marine A/C. I installed one in my boat in the summer, and I had to pay about 3 thousand dollars for the purchase and installation of such A/C, but this a/c works perfectly. And as the seller stated, I won't fix it for at least a few years. Although my friend had a lot of problems with marine a/c in the summer, he even had to do hvac installation because his a/c was working incorrectly (it was blowing warm air). At first, I thought he had problems with the compressor, but then it turned out that he needed to install a new HVAC. And I thank you for sharing with us such detailed information about each A/C.
workinsilent is offline   Reply With Quote