Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2019, 08:15   #46

Re: Smallest pocket cruiser with marine head

I had a 23' 1998 Four Winns Vista 238 for ~9 years that My wife and I, and eventually our 5yo used every weekend and for a 2-week vacation each year. It was a perfect combination of comfort/space and also trailer-ability. Fixed head with holding tank, kitchenette, 2 berths, bathroom shower, transom shower, etc. I would still have it, but we upgraded to a 33'. Still, the maneuverability of that 23' boat was great and I'd highly recommend it for the needs you are describing.
Feelin_Nauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 17:19   #47

Boat: 1969 30 Mariner Sedan Cruiser

Ask your question here: Trawler Forum You will get many answers and specific to your region. I am more active there than here since is far ranging, not just trawlers.

As you have figured out, a composting toilet is good to go. I just tore up my "traditional" head and installed a composting toilet (Airhead). You will also see there is a regional area you might hang out in at the trawler forum for Pacific Northwest, Coastal BC and Alaska Panhandle types.

You have lots of choices. I've stopped helping until someone gives me a budget, then I'll spend time searching for them. But post in the trawler forum, I'll be looking for you.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:47   #48

I have a Sealand 965 MSD permanently installed in my 26 ft. boat, it's basically a 5 gallon porta-potty with a Y valve and pump out and overboard discharges. Very easy to install and satisfies marinas and the law as well as being inexpensive, plus I don't have to drag a tank of poo around to dump it out.
fish53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:37   #49

Boat: Pearson 365 ketch

There have been several very workable solutions for smaller "live aboard" pocket cruising boats. May I suggest that you select a boat you are comfortable with and then tailoring the marine sanitation device to 1) the boat and 2) your decision as to what device you are comfortable with.

Some will like the ease of pumping out a tank while others will be restricted by the length of time a small tank will fill up. Some will love the "green" aspect of a composting toilet and others will be totally repelled at the possibility of having to deal with human waste up close and personal.

So many choices.......
Phantom Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, head, marine, marine head, pocket cruiser