Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-09-2013, 15:42   #136

Re: Find My Boat - $5,000 REWARD!!!

the second one looks right up you alley.
wish you were seeking a sailboat. i know a great sailboat site.[/QUOTE]

I'll take that site if you don't mind. I'd love alternatives to Yachtworld, craigslist, sailboatlistings.com, etc. Some of us are looking for boats (of more modest dimensions) with sticks.
sardinebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 16:01   #137

Boat: too many

I like the 2nd one too. Can cross oceans and superstructure has a very low windage compared to some of the ones GG has been looking at. I'm wondering if she isn't thinking with her real estate hat on, and that is to increase living space, go vertical.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 14:34   #138

I have been watching this post and the more I read, the odder this post becomes too me.

I can name a number of things that are odd about all of this, but the main one too me is why would someone want to throw away 5k? Well if you have it I guess you can do it!

To me, if I am looking for a vessel and I cannot find one I like or fits my needs, then I go to a broker and tell him/ her. "This what I want. This what I will pay, now go find me my vessel!"

Any broker worth his/her weight, will have 5 to 10 vessels lined up for me to look at with in a day or so.

Brokers can find any kind of vessel anywhere around the world, (If they are any good!)

If those vessels are not too my liking, then that broker will say. "No worries, I know where some more are!" and we keep looking.

In today market, lager vessels from 55 and up are not selling well, due to the price tags. Smaller vessels are selling really well, so there are a great deal of lager vessels out there to be had and Brokers know it.

So too me why would I pay or offer 5k to someone that is not in the business of wheeling and dealing vessels. The odds of that person finding my vessel before a Broker is all most zero. So why do it?

It's just odd to me to make an offer like that and simply poor business smarts, that's the way I see it and I have owned my own business for over 20 years.

But that is me and as I said, if you have the cash I guess you can throw it away after all it is your cash.

I hope GG finds her vessel and some lucky soul hits the jackpot of 5k. I know it will not be me. LOL

Happy cruising too all

H. Forster
hfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 17:51   #139
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfoster View Post
I have been watching this post and the more I read, the odder this post becomes too me.

I can name a number of things that are odd about all of this, but the main one too me is why would someone want to throw away 5k? Well if you have it I guess you can do it!

To me, if I am looking for a vessel and I cannot find one I like or fits my needs, then I go to a broker and tell him/ her. "This what I want. This what I will pay, now go find me my vessel!"

Any broker worth his/her weight, will have 5 to 10 vessels lined up for me to look at with in a day or so.

Brokers can find any kind of vessel anywhere around the world, (If they are any good!)

If those vessels are not too my liking, then that broker will say. "No worries, I know where some more are!" and we keep looking.

In today market, lager vessels from 55 and up are not selling well, due to the price tags. Smaller vessels are selling really well, so there are a great deal of lager vessels out there to be had and Brokers know it.

So too me why would I pay or offer 5k to someone that is not in the business of wheeling and dealing vessels. The odds of that person finding my vessel before a Broker is all most zero. So why do it?

It's just odd to me to make an offer like that and simply poor business smarts, that's the way I see it and I have owned my own business for over 20 years.

But that is me and as I said, if you have the cash I guess you can throw it away after all it is your cash.

I hope GG finds her vessel and some lucky soul hits the jackpot of 5k. I know it will not be me. LOL

Happy cruising too all

H. Forster
Well said my friend.
beachbum29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 02:52   #140
cruiser

Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"

has this been posted yet?
she is an awesome yacht.
63′ Jefferson Pilothouse 2005 – $595k super clean. Serious seller!

tell you what, if you buy it, forgo the $5000 and give my her dingy!
scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 04:16   #141

Boat: Spray Replica

Hi Galaxy Girl,

I have just posted a comment to you on your blogsite of some unusual options that you probably haven't considered.

I hope they help.

Send us an email and we can give you more information.

Garry and Wendy

Spirit of Sobraon
Home Page: Spirit of Sobraon's Travel Log The...
sobraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 06:21   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
has this been posted yet?
she is an awesome yacht.
63′ Jefferson Pilothouse 2005 – $595k super clean. Serious seller!

tell you what, if you buy it, forgo the $5000 and give my her dingy!
It's a very nice boat. New. Looks like the boats we walked on and off all day sat at the Newport Show. Only thing is that it seems more of a coastal cruiser, which I am not opposed to at this point, as a temporary, but not at that price point. Thanks for posting it.
Old 17-09-2013, 06:43   #143

Saw this boat recently at anchor. Very pretty and nice condition. Price looks very good. While I agree it is not a heavy duty passage maker, it certainly is capable of providing the accommodations required and easily capable of traveling to the Bahamas or Caribbean. IMO, crossing the Atlantic is best done by air or on a cruise ship.
chrisjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 08:52   #144

Boat: Solar 40ft Cat :)

I suspect all of these are on yachtworld...boatindex.com let me specify the number of cabins, 4+, and a handful of boats under $600k are listed. all are in Europe, all fiberglass hulls.

5 cabins, $200k

4 cabins, $400k

5 cabins, $500k

4 cabins, $250k
Old 17-09-2013, 09:09   #145

Boat: Krogen 58' Xiao Xiu
Send a message via MSN to JayCall

Surprised Minaret did not include this one from Dock Street. Can probably pick it up for less than the $295K listed, another $200K to finish out to your specs. Most of the big dollar systems already in. Looks like a good boat.

Dock Street Brokers ::
JayCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 09:14   #146

Boat: Solar 40ft Cat :)

And what DeckOfficer wants you to buy: Leopard 47 Power Cat, 4 cabins, $400k
in USVI.

Old 17-09-2013, 09:30   #147

Boat: too many

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemotors View Post
And what DeckOfficer wants you to buy: Leopard 47 Power Cat, 4 cabins, $400k
in USVI.

I'm pushing powercats for just 3 reasons, hull efficiency and maneuverability, they are generally newer builds, and last but not least, GG can pilot in short order.

I think the only reason they are not more popular is probably the same reason GG isn't interested, and that is they just don't have the traditional look that folks want. On the hook in a rolling anchorage, I'll take that non traditional look over the feeling of being in a washing machine any day.
deckofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 17:35   #148
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCall View Post
Surprised Minaret did not include this one from Dock Street. Can probably pick it up for less than the $295K listed, another $200K to finish out to your specs. Most of the big dollar systems already in. Looks like a good boat.

I thought I linked her to their whole list.

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 17:40   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCall View Post

I have been watched and debated on that boat for a few months. Even had the broker send me additional photos and completion estimates. But, I decided that I don't know enough about boat construction to complete the refit. Love the design. Thanks for posting it
Old 17-09-2013, 17:47   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
I'm pushing powercats for just 3 reasons, hull efficiency and maneuverability, they are generally newer builds, and last but not least, GG can pilot in short order.

I think the only reason they are not more popular is probably the same reason GG isn't interested, and that is they just don't have the traditional look that folks want. On the hook in a rolling anchorage, I'll take that non traditional look over the feeling of being in a washing machine any day.
Bob, I don't know how similar power cats are to sail cats, but I walked on 3 cats at the Newport Show, and hated the space. There was no space. The biggest one that we went on was 45'. They have absolutely no room. I was actually chuckling as folks were bumping into eachother trying to get on and off, thinking of my kids knocking eachother over I I also didn't like the staterooms in the narrow hull. Everything was tight, tight, tight, and forget storage...

Tags
paracelle