Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2016, 09:34   #1

Ahoy! Landlubber with a vision!

Hello all,

I've been a member here for a while and lurked around a bit, but figured if I wanted to ask a question, I should introduce myself.

My name is Chris, and I live on the Texas Gulf Coast. Currently my partner and I live full time in our travel trailer. Its 36 feet of the best thing we have ever done. We said goodbye to our sticks and bricks in March, and its been pure paradise since then.

We do not own a cruising boat, but we do have an 18' Chaparral run about. It's great for taking friends out and cruising around the bay. But we have bigger dreams. We'd like to move aboard one day in the next year or two.

We never envisioned ourselves living aboard, but since moving to the coast in our RV, being on the water has quickly become part of our daily routine and deeply ingrained in our blood.

Looking forward to learning more from you guys! And now I'm off to post my questions.

Thanks
Chris
TooCoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 11:15   #2

Boat: Privilege 435
Re: Ahoy! Landlubber with a vision!

Good luck with everything Chris. If you have an RV you're well on your way to understanding 12v DC electrics...which puts you well on your way to living aboard!
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 12:05   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Ahoy! Landlubber with a vision!

Howdy Chris and Welcome Aboard CF!

There is a vast amount of information here and many helpful members who have extensive experience.

My Favorite CF Forum Tip: Use the Google Custom Search Function

I know that most people who are new to this forum might try the ordinary search function of the forum when they have a question in mind. Unfortunately that always yielded few resultsi for me when I tried that when I first joined this forum. In contrast, a standard Google search outside of the forum can produce a bewildering list of links too. It was only later that I learned to quickly and easily find great links to archived or previous threads on a topic.

I only use the Google Custom Search field on this forum when searching this forum, and I find all the answers I need here too using that.

I find it superior to an ordinary search using the standard "search" field and usually get the answers I want very quickly. So, it is my "number one tip" to newer forum members. .

Note! The Google Custom Search field is found under the "Search" menu seen at the top of your browser window when you are in the CF forum on any page. However, it is NOT shown as an option if you are viewing the Forum site using the CF Mobile app. Use a browser like Safari instead.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote