Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 10:51   #16

Boat: Camano Troll 31'
Re: I Have Pulled the Trigger !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjop View Post
I have followed your roller coaster search for your "perfect" boat and am thrilled that you finally found her. She is quite beautiful. Not too much draft, nor too little and short enough mast hiegth to get under the bridges in my part of the US. I would definately increase your fuel tankage though. While I am not in the hunt any more there are many who come to this site that are. I was wondering if there was any advise you could give to those searching for a boat that you wish someone would have given to you. I am sure each boat has different issues that may have killed the deal, but did you find anything particular in your search that cropped up repeatedly. Just wondering. Oh I forgot to ask, did the hammock and it's occupant come with?
Advice? Yes, listen to the folks on this forum. Ask questions, remember, all of you are smarter than I could ever be. After you find a prospect, ask here to see if anyone knows the boat. See if someone would be willing to go take a look, you'ld be surprised how many people love to go looking at boats. Check the brokerage, the broker, the boat, everything. If you do that you will find the confidance you will need to believe you have a good boat. THEN GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF.

The hammock? Yes. The occupant, sadly, no. But I may have an alternitive occupant in stock. She won't be O.E.M. but she will have PMA and an 8130.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:02   #17

Congrats, Nice! Dont get too warm and fuzzy til the survey is complete!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:30   #18

Boat: Negotiating purchase of 2nd hand yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to Mexdon

Great looking yacht Don, congratulations. I'm sure the survey will turn out fine as from the photos it looks well cared for. Your advise as to what to do re search is exactly what I have done.....being stuck in Mexico City I have one of our forum members have a "go over it" of the yacht I have been looking at and researching for some months. Fortunately he is not in the market as he said he would buy it tomorrow.....so my offer is in. I have yet to hear back or start the negotiations then the survey probably next month.....then my timetable is pretty much the same as yours as are my destination plans. And I agree it is both exciting and scary at the same time. A complete lifestyle change and looking forward to it especially the part of quitting Mexico City.
When I was a boy my momma would send me down to the corner store with $1 and I would come back with 5 potatoes, 2 loaves of bread, 3 bottles of milk, a hunk of cheese, a box of tea and 6 eggs. Can't do that now, too many f**kn security cameras.
Mexdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:38   #19

Boat: Rhodes 32

Good luck with the survey / seatrial. Looks like you will be passagemaking with diesel jerry cans.
Richard Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 18:03   #20

Boat: Sandpiper 565, Tanzer 22, Corbin 39

Hi:

Congrats! The Aloha 34 was the first boat I wanted to check out, but until Saturday I had not managed to get my butt on to one. My wife and I went to Penetanguishene (spelling?) to see a Corbin 39 and a Niagara 35. While walking between the Corbin and the Niagara I was asking the broker if there was an Aloha 34 there just to see from the outside. A few paces later we were upon one, and the owner was walking behind us. She overheard the conversation ands invited us aboard for a look. What were the chances! The owners were very happy with their boat.

The Aloha 34 is certainly not ruled out for us at this point. The hunt contiues.

Turns out the Corbin was lacking in headroom and the pilothouse arrangement just didn't work for us.

Boulter
Boulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 18:11   #21

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Congratulations on this next step and best of luck.

edit - just looked at the pics - WOW!
Old 10-10-2011, 18:36   #22

congrats and good luck with it.. Hope you post back here with any finds from the survey. Great looking boat
In2TheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 18:55   #23

Boat: 1978 Marine Trader 36

Congrats, never look back.
Old 10-10-2011, 19:06   #24

Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear about the next step (survey). Hope she is the girl of your dreams!
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 19:08   #25

Boat: mt34dt
Congrats, very nice boat! Interesting read here on builder if you haven't already read:
http://www.alohaowners.com/index.php...&id=2&Itemid=2
zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 20:05   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulter View Post
Hi:

Congrats! The Aloha 34 was the first boat I wanted to check out, but until Saturday I had not managed to get my butt on to one. My wife and I went to Penetanguishene (spelling?) to see a Corbin 39 and a Niagara 35. While walking between the Corbin and the Niagara I was asking the broker if there was an Aloha 34 there just to see from the outside. A few paces later we were upon one, and the owner was walking behind us. She overheard the conversation ands invited us aboard for a look. What were the chances! The owners were very happy with their boat.

The Aloha 34 is certainly not ruled out for us at this point. The hunt contiues.

Turns out the Corbin was lacking in headroom and the pilothouse arrangement just didn't work for us.

Boulter
Try here Aloha 34s For Sale
Old 11-10-2011, 09:34   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

Congratulations,- 'so you're in California and Kaleo is in Annapolis? When are you making the move? Where will you spend the winter? Will you keep the Kaleo name? We'll watch for you on the East Coast.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptForce View Post
Congratulations,- 'so you're in California and Kaleo is in Annapolis? When are you making the move? Where will you spend the winter? Will you keep the Kaleo name? We'll watch for you on the East Coast.
Good questions Cap'n,
1. Leaving ASAP, Dec 1st is the latest but trying to get away sooner.
2. Spend the winter, Probably in The Salt Ponds, near Hampton. I have a sister there so I could go someplace if the weather get's really cold. But I may get "antsy" and head to warmer climes.
3. There will be a renaming ceremony. In keeping with that I will not call the boat by it's soon to be new name until after the ceremony.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00   #29

WOW Don! Congrats! That is a beauty.....and it's white too! LOL

Have pics inside yet? That really is great.....happy for ya!
Wavewacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:59   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavewacker View Post
WOW Don! Congrats! That is a beauty.....and it's white too! LOL

Have pics inside yet? That really is great.....happy for ya!
Here you go!

Entrance view of the salon and galley from the companionway (front door)

Inside the salon with hallway to the head and v-berth
The galley with refrigerator in the countertop cabinet on left and a pantry in the countertop cabinet on right
The v-berth

View of the galley, navigation station and companionway from the salon

Tags
paracelle