Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2016, 17:22   #1

Boat: Bavaria 33 Cruiser
Fitted sheets for v birth Bavaria 33cruiser

I need the dimensions for a 33 Bavaria Cruiser v birth with 2 cushions joined together in the middle. I can't find mine. Looking to get fitted sheets. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Fair winds,
K
Kimberlym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 17:55   #2

Re: Fitted sheets for v birth Bavaria 33cruiser

If you can't find your boat, you have worse problems than lack of fitted sheets. Where did you see it last?
Old 12-10-2016, 18:20   #3

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

You may have better luck finding fitted sheets for the v-berth. Birth is usually naked.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 21:27   #4

Geez people.

We're in California and our boat is at Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbour. My wife made a typo birth instead of berth. NO reason for these snarky responses.

If anyone has the same boat and can help, that'd be great. If not, keep your smart-ass comments to yourself. That'd be great. Thanks.

SMH
CurtisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 22:21   #5

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Hey, Curtis,

Sorry if they sounded snarky.......... I actually think they were playing with you, rather than being mean. Typos make punny possibilities, and some of us can't resist.

How I used to deal with the v-berth fitted sheet problem was to buy a king sized flat sheet, and fit the ruddy thing myself. I have done it on piers, on lawns, a number of not private enough locations over the years , but it is one of the blessings of having a sewing machine on one's boat.

With any luck, someone will come along with some measurements for you. Would it be possible to scale them off the drawings for your make and model boat from sailboatdata.com?

If you're lucky, just regular double bed sheets will do. We're so fortunate the builder took that into consideration when he and his wife built this boat for themselves. (We're second owners.) Good luck with it.

Ann
Old 04-11-2016, 22:56   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
Hey, Curtis,

Sorry if they sounded snarky.......... I actually think they were playing with you, rather than being mean. Typos make punny possibilities, and some of us can't resist.

How I used to deal with the v-berth fitted sheet problem was to buy a king sized flat sheet, and fit the ruddy thing myself. I have done it on piers, on lawns, a number of not private enough locations over the years , but it is one of the blessings of having a sewing machine on one's boat.

With any luck, someone will come along with some measurements for you. Would it be possible to scale them off the drawings for your make and model boat from sailboatdata.com?

If you're lucky, just regular double bed sheets will do. We're so fortunate the builder took that into consideration when he and his wife built this boat for themselves. (We're second owners.) Good luck with it.

Ann

Thanks Ann,

Yeah, I'm good for snark usually, it's just been a rough few weeks.

We did measure the berth before we flew back to California. I remember it being quite huge like over 100 inches on one's measurement. Problem was that the sheets we had, king sized, didn't quite fit as it was. We actually need something bigger.

I thought about the two sheets idea, but that's where the measurements are important. I think it was like 90x100x27. Pretty huge. Even if halved, not too sure what would fit. :-(

Measurements are a must.

Thanks,

Curtis
Old 05-11-2016, 01:26   #7

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Curtis, fwiw, my old v berth was 88 inches, only a foot smaller than what you're talking about, so the king size flat sheet should work--it is larger than the king fitted sheet. You'd have to fit it yourselves, which isn't rocket science, just use two king size flat sheets, and when you're sick of tucking it in all the time, fit and sew it......unless it's really important to the two of you to get an exact fit, ready made.

Ann
Old 05-11-2016, 02:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
Curtis, fwiw, my old v berth was 88 inches, only a foot smaller than what you're talking about, so the king size flat sheet should work--it is larger than the king fitted sheet. You'd have to fit it yourselves, which isn't rocket science, just use two king size flat sheets, and when you're sick of tucking it in all the time, fit and sew it......unless it's really important to the two of you to get an exact fit, ready made.

Ann
Ahhh, didn't think about the flat being bigger than the fitted. Doh!

It'll give me a reason the try out the sEwing machine again before I use it as an anchor. LOL

Thanks
Old 05-11-2016, 02:26   #9

As they said, king flat sheet tucked works nicely even in the v-berth on our 42 footer. A trip to the local fabric store to pick up some elastic ribbon and alligator clips (don't know the real name, they look like old man suspenders clamps) and your flat sheet is now pulled tight under the cushions and looks/acts just like a custom fitted sheet.

We do the same for the twin xl bunks in our aft cabin because they taper a couple inches at the foot.

Works great at a fraction of the price of custom sheets

Tags
bavaria, cruise, cruiser, sheets