Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-05-2010, 08:11   #1

Boat: Down East 45 Brigantine schooner
Ukraine Boat Builders Inquiry

I want to ask if anyone has had any dealings with Capt Pavel Shaposhnikov, and his boat building company In Sumy, Ukraine?
They are offering exceptional value to have a traditional schooner built there, then transported to the Black Sea for launch.
My correspondence with Capt Shaposhnikov has been most amicable to date. He is very accomodating and has a good grasp of English, which is an important consideration when having a boat built in any non English speaking country, especially the old USSR. I am therefore considering flying out to take a look at his boat works, and workmanship, but Sumy seems a very difficult place to get to from America.
It sounds like The Ukraine might become “the new Formosa,” and I just wondered if anyone can add anything constructive which might help me?
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Ukraine