Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 21:53   #31

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5
Re: Cheapest dry storage in the Med?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svlamorocha View Post
Hello Mediterranean experts

I am looking for the cheapest dry storage for a 40-ft monohull (40 ft LOA; 13ft beam) anywhere in the Mediterranean for two years. Boat is VAT paid so it does not matter if it is inside or outside EU VAT territory. Boat will be stored without any work done on it and no one will stay in the boat.

What is the cheapest yeard you know anywhere in the Med?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom.

Charlie
We also found Ragusa to be expensive, but a little further along the coast of Sicily is Licata - Daniele is the boss at the shipyard there, and we found him most helpful. Pricing is the best we have found so far in the Western Med including Tunisia.
CANTIERENAVALE MARTELLO s.r.l.
Via Marianello, 11 - 92027 Licata (AG)
( Tel.: 0922 773079 - Cell.: 328 2477602
Ê Fax: 0922 0130889
* cantieremartello@gmail.com - cnmsrl@pec.it
Facebook: Cantiere Martello
Azienda certificata UNI EN ISO 9001:2008

Marina di Licata is also very good for when you are back in the water - Alessandro is your man in that case, and again, most helpful.

Marina di Cala del Sole

Hope that helps.

David
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 18:59   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelaxel View Post
Try Dimstef Marine Seirvices in Oreoi, northern Evia in Greece. They have good security (vicious dogs) and one way car rental to Athens. dimstef.gr
See video from my launch there in May:
Interesting video - good to see how they do it.
Is that Coppercoat you have on your hulls - how do you find it?
Old 15-11-2015, 04:01   #33

Boat: Jenneau 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllesBelles View Post
Charlie,
Put Cleopatra in Preveza Greece and Yat/Yacht Marine in Marmaris Turkey on your list to call for prices.
Marina de Ragusa in Sicily used to be cheapest, but we checked for this winter and the prices were not competitive any more.
Kind regards,
I believe that if you are a member of theRYA, Cleopatra offer a discount. Very safe and efficient. Flights May to Oct, ten mins to airport. Otherwise Corfu or Athens.
Raythesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 23:56   #34

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 473- 2006

Hi Charlie I found Croatia expensive , so moved to Greece Aktio Marina in Preveza ( cheaper than Cleopatra Marina ) no issues with doing your own work - cost lift out and in and 10 x months in a cradle Euro 2500.00 ( Beneteau 473 )
My boat is currently on the Island of Aigina , very close to Athens ( because of ease of access ) , a very simple yard- travel lift out of the water - fenced Marina total cost Euro 2000 for 10 months
Mail me at - garthgreg48@gmail .com if you need more info
regards Garth
GarthGregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 06:22   #35

I can recommend the yard at Crotone. Southern Italy Our boat is there now and has been for the winter. His rates are good and you can stay on the boat and do work yourself. His lifting and launching is done skillfully and professionally. Elio speaks good English but is not good at email so best to phone him. You may have to take a berth in the south harbour first (we paid 35 euros per night) and then walk round to see him in the north harbour and arrange the lift time.

contact
- Porto Vecchio services - Cantiere Nautico e Marina attrezzata.
santelmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 12:20   #36

Boat: Comet 41s

Not, very helpful this tread: "the price is the best we found till now, cheap, not expensive" are refereed in a lot o posts but very few actually said what those expressions mean actually posting the price they have been charged for the parking of their boat (and the size of the boat).

Without that saying that it not expensive means nothing, since what is expensive for ones, may not be for others.

Please post the price that makes you say that is not expensive.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 13:17   #37

Re. prices at Crotone I can only tell you what I am paying for a 38 foot boat for 7 months. Its about 1300 euros alltogether, lifting , launching and storage. But you would have to negotiate your own price. You might get it for less for a longer term. Boats are in a secure compound in the north harbour. You can see it clearly on google earth.
santelmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 12:12   #38

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 40

Hello,

I presently have my 12 meter sailing boat in Marina Cleopatra, Preveza, Greece. I got a few quotations for the period from September, 15, 2016 up to May, 15, 2017, which are summarized in the attached pdf. The 8 months dry dock includes the crane service and water pressure cleaning. I will probably stay one more year in Marina Cleopatra.

Regards, Vladis
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Marinas.pdf (48.4 KB, 1044 views)
Vladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 15:24   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladis View Post
Hello,

I presently have my 12 meter sailing boat in Marina Cleopatra, Preveza, Greece. I got a few quotations for the period from September, 15, 2016 up to May, 15, 2017, which are summarized in the attached pdf. The 8 months dry dock includes the crane service and water pressure cleaning. I will probably stay one more year in Marina Cleopatra.

Regards, Vladis
Nice information. Some questions: all prices include VAT?

Sometimes the price of the place to stay on dry does not include the berth, or whatever holds the boat and the work to put the boat safely there. In those cases it Is that included?

Taking the boat out of the water and in the water again is not included?
Old 26-03-2016, 16:29   #40

Check out this marina. It was the cheapest marina we stayed at in our 2 year Med adventure. Mesolongion is the name of the town and it's in Greece. They have boats on the hard there, I'd be surprised if anyone beats their price. Good luck, R
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 17:24   #41

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Nice information. Some questions: all prices include VAT?

Sometimes the price of the place to stay on dry does not include the berth, or whatever holds the boat and the work to put the boat safely there. In those cases it Is that included?

Taking the boat out of the water and in the water again is not included?
Hello,

Yes, VAT is included. In the case of the boat on dry rock, the price includes 2 crane movement (out of water and back to water), hull cleaning with water pressure, and the berth itself during 8 months. I got these prices for the 2016/2017 winter. In the case of Cleopatra Marina, the price includes water, electricity, free shuttle to Preveza, access to toilets, etc. I am not 100% sure if these extras are included in all of the other cases in my little list, but I believe so.

Regards, Vladis

ps: next May, I will check this place:

http://www.carayachts.eu/index.php/e...e-and-slipping
Vladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 08:44   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladis View Post

ps: next May, I will check this place:

Storage and Slipping prices in Greece

I had been on that bay (Platarias) last summer at anchor, I saw some small sailing boats on the hard and I was asking myself how the well they had put the boats there (no crane to be seen). The site explains how but that is just a place for small boats, mostly the boats of a small charter company. The bigger they have is a 37ft.

They advertise storage for bigger boats but it would not be a place I would chose.
Old 28-03-2016, 20:05   #43

Not sure if this is too far off topic or not, but has anyone had/heard of issues where a yard gets into financial difficulties and they have their boat impounded? We choose hard stand when we can, but it is at the back of our mind that if there is a problem, getting your boat back/into the water, could be a long, drawn out affair, and possibly take a year or two.

On the other side, when you are in the water, it does not take much for someone to sail away with your dream possibly never to be seen again.

So far we have had no problems with hard stand or marina storage in the Med, but it is increasingly becoming a troubled world out there.
Old 26-03-2019, 09:39   #44

Boat: Outremer 51, J80

We are buying a Cat in France - it will be a late summer delivery - so we want to sail July thru September then park it on the hard for the Winter.

We would like a yard with good Technical services to build Dodger, Add Electronics, plumb Reverso pumps/ remote filter etc. The quality of the work is key, I would rather pay a bit more for being on the hard and secure near Reputable Tech and good Chandlery.

Anyone who has refitted in the Med would be most helpful.
RELENTLESS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 10:14   #45

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 473- 2006

Try Boatclub Marina call Dimitri ( very Good English ) +306945877325 , really wonderful people who live on site , so complete security - very clean well kept - 40 min from Athens Airport - town of Halkhoutsi ( North ) Oceanis 473 ( 47 Ft ) Euro 1700 for 10 x months incl VAT in and out and a wash - no restrictions on working on your boat - Stuff is available as is tech but needs looking for - the best I have found
GarthGregory is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, storage