Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2012, 20:08   #16

Re: Curacao to Columbia, Panama and Pacific

Hey Thanks to all for the responses. Sorry I couldn't reply to all but but I now have the long term crew I need for the journey. I will need further crew when we push off from Costa Rica across the Pacific in February. I will make a new post closer to that date and would love to here from interested crew then.
Happy Sailing.
Regards Ian Wansbury
Old 21-11-2012, 12:49   #17

I am specifically interested in the Costa Rica to Brisbane portion. I have lots to offer as crew and am currently in Colombia headed for Central America. Please contact me when you are ready to search for crew. trogdor dot burney att gmail

Thanks
Old 22-11-2012, 10:27   #18

Hi Ian
Could you please send me some details of your planned cruise. I am a58 year old sailor, have sailed most of the Pacific, West Indies Curacao, Panama, Hawaii etc etc.
Am currently in Hawaii visiting brother .
I am looking for something like a permanent crew position on an active yacht, I love sailing, photography, playing drums ( wont bring those along meeting intresting people, little snorkeling etc. I am a carpenter/boatbuilder have owned two wooden yachts and have done extensive work on these and other boats. Faithfully Whitehawk
Old 24-11-2012, 00:44   #19

Boat: Lightwave 45 sports catamaran

Hi, You have had so many replies you probably dont need any more crew! I am a divorced, single 54 year old english lady living in sydney. I have my own 46' yacht which i have sailed up and down the aus coast and raced her in the Hamilton island race week. I dont work and want to travel, travel, travel, pref. on water. I have a friend, a UK based pommie man (59) who is keen to come too. He has sailed extensively, all over the world, is a computer whizz, masseur and yoga teacher. We both scuba dive and i have just taken my first aid cert. I have done a 3 months coxwains course a few years ago. I have been on a number of boats, often with no knowledge of the crew, am adaptable and sociable and reliable. I can also cook and was cook on a delivery up the coast. Please let me know if there are any spots at any time anywhere. I do prefer island hopping and not the long ocean sailing. Cheers, Heather
Old 24-11-2012, 08:43   #20

Hello Ian,

I am very interested to crew on your boat! My name is Kim Szerman coming from the Netherlands, 26 years old.

Started to travel 6 months ago in Mexico, passing all the countries until Ecuador. At the moment I am searching a boat to cross the pacific an start working/ traveling in Oceania.

I have sailing experience, though only on lakes except for 5 amazing days in the San blas islands. Had 2 days at open water during this trip.

Please contact me: kimszerman@hotmail.com

Kim
Old 27-01-2013, 09:27   #21

Hi there! I am interested in crewing on your adventure if you do not already have a complete crew. I am available now and can meet anywhere.
If you are interested I can tell you about my experience, goals, etc.
I love being on the water.
35 year old single female.
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42   #22

Hi,
Me and my partner might be interested in your crewing position, probably from panama onwards, if you could send me some information to knightmareish "at" gmail dot com
Fair winds,
Pippa
Old 01-02-2013, 20:56   #23

Hi
My name is Shaked and I'm 23 y/o, born in Israel. I'm a professional*skipper, sailing since 2003, graduated nautical high*school*and then went to serve in the*navy.
I'm qualified as a*skipper*for both*motor*and sailing vessels up to 24 meters, (monohaul and catamaran) and l'm also an advance*water*diver .
I have a total mileage of 9000 NM on S.V (some as crew some as captain), mostly all around the Med sea.
I'm experienced with all duties on board, from bottom till top - (deckboy to skipper), so I can do good where ever is needed (a real handyman they all say).
I worked as a sailing instructor, for a year, with all special needs population (kids and adults).
I also was part of a sailing*racing*team for 4 years.

Now I've decided to go farther on with my heart and my main goal is to circumnavigate the world!

I've planed the*route, saved*money, bought*equipment, said goodbye to everyone and set sail west.
Since then I had sailed with 4 different boats all over the Med.
I'm meeting the nicest people and so far having the best time of my life.

next chapter in my story is - crossing the Pacific !

And a littel about me: non smoker, energetic, friendly, always smiling, not afraid of hard work, eager to learn, responsible and adventurous.

I'm traveling now in centeral america, surfing, trecking, scuba diving and having fun, so I'm flexible with the dates.

I'll be in Panama early March, if you think I can fit for you, please let me know - coh.shaked (at) gmail dot com

Thanks, Shaked
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45   #24

Hi Ian,
We are a couple (29 yrs) backpacking through Central/South America - currently in Mexico. We are looking to sail to and spend a little bit of time on any of the Caribbean islands - Puerto rico, Dom republic, Cuba, Haiti, Galapagos etc etc. I'm not sure where you are currently in your trip, but we would love to join you for any part of the Caribbean leg if you'd have us. We don't have much sailing experience between us, but are very easy going - happy go lucky people, can cook well and I can fix almost anything . Happy to learn/help out with what ever crew duties as necessary and share food costs etc.
Cheers
Mikey
Old 13-02-2013, 07:42   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymboy View Post
@Ian: I am an ocean creature but I get sea sick on boat. do you know if there is a cure for it ?
Go set under a tree, they tell me this works every time.
Old 15-05-2013, 03:49   #26

HI,

I will be in curacao on another crew job by november. I would love to join you towards central america and galapagos.

Let me know!
PM for email
Old 16-05-2013, 19:12   #27

Hi Ian , I just joined the forum as I am looking for a solid ocean sailing adventure. I have worked on the water for 5 years on motor and sailing yachts. I would like to read more details about your trip. Thank you , Kate
k14sea@yahoo.co.uk
Old 17-05-2013, 11:32   #28

Hello mate,
I'm not sure if you're still looking but I am super interested. I'm a 23 year old kiwi/aussie, lots of sea miles (30,000ish), yacht master offshore and all the rest. I'm currently in Peru so am able to get to where you are fairly easily. Let me know if you're still looking and we can chat!
Cheers
Liam

liam.frenchy@gmail.com
Old 21-05-2013, 15:37   #29

Hiya Ian,

My name is Beth and I'm a 25 year old kiwi who is very interested in heading homeward. I was all set to make the crossing on another boat that was leaving from Roatan off Honduras. I've been working on the boat for the past three months re-rigging, changing pumps, test sailing and a whole host of other tasks. We now have a major engine problem and can no longer make the crossing. Our intended route was pretty similar to yours. I am now in the Rio Dulce but heading to Costa Rica in the next few days and then on to Panama to search for another opportunity.
I am a qualified diver and a good cook. I can ask the Captain to send you a recommendation if you like
Hope you have time to flick me the email you sent the others...there seems to be a lot of interest! Its an amazing trip!
Let me know if its possible to meet up with you somewhere along the way.
Cheers,
Beth b.pearsall@hotmail.com

Tags
columbia, Curacao, Panama