Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 13:36   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440
Send a message via Skype™ to impi
Wanted people with good eyes and good attitude!

We are looking for some low maintenance, clean people with a good sense of humour wishing to give us a hand with a few crossings. We are hoping to leave Fort Lauderdale next week in our lagoon 440 heading for Jamaica and maybe Cuba. From there to Panama and then to Galapagos and further to Marquesas. Sailing qualifications are not a neccesity but the ability to fit in with us is. Therefore, unless we know you, we would ask for references from someone who you have sailed with and you need to have had no convictions. You need to have a European passport or valid Schengen visa if you are interested in sailing the leg from Galapagos to Marquesas.

We are a non smoking couple who have sailed from Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale via Brazil, the Caribbean and the Bahamas. We are not in a position to pay for help but we can feed people!

You can have a look at us and what we do on our blog Impi or you can ask to join our facebook page cat-impi. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:43   #2

Re: Wanted people with good eyes and good attitude!

Shame timing is off for me. I am looking to crewat the end of 2013. I used to be a sailing instructor in The Netherlands, emigrated to Canada 11 years ago, own my own business (stone mason), and future cat buyer and cruiser. If at by the end of 2013 you are looking I am very interested.
Old 08-03-2013, 19:21   #3

Ahoy!

Would you be interested in a New Zealand couple (both 29) joining you? We are travelling through Central/South America for the next year and a bit. We are also wanting to travel through parts of the Caribbean, and Jamaica and Cuba are on our priority list!

We are currently in Mexico and will be in the Cancun/east coast area early next week. We can’t offer references for crewing, as we've never crewed on sail boats before. We don’t have a lot of experience between us, but we are very easy going/happy go lucky people. We will work hard at what needs to be done, we can both cook well, and I can maintain/fix almost anything. We can offer a reference from recent WOOFing experience if this helps.

If you wanted to swing by Mexico on your way through, we would love to be on your boat. If you think this is at all possible, please reply or email me on mikey.willcox(at)gmail.com.

Many thanks

Mikey & Brylee.
Old 10-03-2013, 20:48   #4

sounds like fun, i would love to sail with you guys. I am currently in school so my schedule is tricky but my spring break and summer is free.I crew for a group of naval aviators on a j boat in Annapolis, I have alot of experience racing and cruising on my own boat, i am a pilot so i don't get sea sick. I can cook as well. shoot me an email if you are interested
s a m u e l w r i g h t 1 4 @ a o l . c o m
don't want spam
sorry about the spaces
cheers
Old 13-03-2013, 15:39   #5

Boat: Saddler 32'

Hi !
I am based in Jamaica and just missed a boat leaving from Panama to french Polynesia due to a shoulder injury (which i'm hoping will be back to full strength by the time you get to Jamaica)
I would love to join from Jamaica onwards !

I've been sailing regularly on the family's Saddler 32', both racing and a lot of cruising. I regularly skipper this boat.
I'm a 26 years old architect here in Jamaica currently finishing up a project so I will have some time for a trip like this.

Regards,
Matthew

matthewefross@gmail.com
Old 14-03-2013, 20:19   #6

Boat: Saddler 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyRossJa View Post
Hi !
I am based in Jamaica and just missed a boat leaving from Panama to french Polynesia due to a shoulder injury (which i'm hoping will be back to full strength by the time you get to Jamaica)
I would love to join from Jamaica onwards !

I've been sailing regularly on the family's Saddler 32', both racing and a lot of cruising. I regularly skipper this boat.
I'm a 26 years old architect here in Jamaica currently finishing up a project so I will have some time for a trip like this.

Regards,
Matthew

matthewefross@gmail.com
P.S. I have a British Passport :-)
Old 28-03-2013, 08:07   #7

Hey!

I believe I will be in the Marquesas Islands, or perhaps in Tahiti, looking to crew further. So, if the crew that you find doesn't work out, or if you would like additional crew once you're over there, know that you have me to contact. My name's Chael, 26, from Chicago. I will have plenty of experience by the time you arrive to where I'll be. See me here: Velabas - Travel Narrative and Drawings from Hitchhiking Around the World, that's my website. Also see my couchsurfing.org profile, username: CEEGE. Cheers!
Old 28-03-2013, 14:26   #8

Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp

I would love to be part of your Crew, and do have the time & means with which to do so -Currently, in MCO.

Was going to leave for OGG! But, recently, came upon this/your Adventure/Odyssey -if you will!

Have all except: Visa/so outlined! But, good to know!

After OGG, was going to Fly/Sail, to BNE!

Sincerely,

D. T.
Old 28-03-2013, 15:22   #9

Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp

Thank you for providing me with some of your time ~ I look forward to your, future, reply!

Sincerely,

D. T.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:04   #10

Hello, and fair winds! My husband and I are experienced sailors and travelers. Either separately or together, we wish to gain more experience passage-making. We are cruisers and own a 40' monohull sailboat. We will be shoving off for our own adventures once the boat is properly outfitted. We are easygoing, and do have significant monohull experience. We would be interested in joining you for portions of the Panama to Galapagos leg. Interested? PM me here and we will share our sailing resumes and references. Your Blog speaks for you. Thanks for your consideration!
Tony and Brenda
Old 10-04-2013, 21:35   #11

hi my name is captain Gabriel Cordero currently in Miami fl
am a very experience sailor with many deliveries done am a young captain agile and with a good attitud of learning also am a rigger and a exelent cook o have my masters 100 and sailing and tow endorsments! available in miami fl for interview in fort lauderdale thanks!
Old 15-05-2013, 03:37   #12

Hi, by october I will be in central america and would love to do some crewing towards galapagos. Experienced traveler.
Experience on seas, day-sailing.
Two month crew on insulinde curacao

Let me know if you need a hand or two!

Juri
Old 15-05-2013, 08:27   #13

Hey there! I'm a 49yo academic (at NYU in New York City), and after a year of teaching I've got a serious sailing itch. I need to be in San Francisco May 31-June 3, but other than that my summer is flexible until July 29, when I need to be in Mexico. I'm based in New York but available to meet you anywhere. I speak French, Spanish, and bits and bobs of other languages.
I'm a USCG captain (100GT OUPV, Master inland, Sailing & Towing endorsements) and ASA-certified instructor with 32 years sailing experience, and have skippered and soloed a variety of sailing craft for 32 years in the Pacific, Atlantic, Mediterranean, and Tasman Seas.
I'd love to join you for some part or other of the trip!
Old 16-05-2013, 02:45   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to thymboy

hello, I am a portuguese vegetarian born in casablanca morocco with life saving certificates from hawaii and australia, I love outdoor life and to continue explore the world. I would like to join you for a long journey in the pacific. I am in Oslo Norway camping in the forest all winter. I am ready to go, if i can get a plane ticket.
Old 16-05-2013, 13:14   #15

I'm a 23 year old recent grad looking to do some traveling before getting a job. That sounds like an add from match.com, but hey I'll be a whore for a boat. I don't have any experience, and i hope that wont be an issue. Again I've recently graduated and I'm available right now, no pun intended.

Thanks for your time,

Daniel

Tags
wanted