Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2012, 22:42   #1

Curacao to Columbia, Panama and Pacific

ETD Curacao is early November but the opportunity starts now.
I am an experienced sailor with over 100,000 miles mostly on large private yachts. My own boat is Misty Blue 50ft Gulfstar CSY Sloop. There is a V double forward for crew who would like to come along and help. I need one person with sailing experience, that could be one of a couple, not get seasick, a passport, but importantly a good attitude, willing to learn and have fun. I'm primarily looking for people who are interested in sharing the experience of long term cruising.
We will share food expenses. I’ll cover Fuel, dockage, cruising permits etc. You are responsible for getting yourselves to and from the boat.
I'm sailing Misty Blue to Australia over the next 12 months. Curacao to Columbia, San Blas, Panama, Costa Rica, Cocos, Galapagos. ETA Marquesas June 1st. ETA Brisbane Nov 1st.
If you are interested add a reply and I’ll send you further details via email.
Ian Wansbury - Misty Blue
Old 20-10-2012, 23:39   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to thymboy
Re: Curacao to Columbia, Panama and Pacific

@Ian: I am an ocean creature but I get sea sick on boat. do you know if there is a cure for it ?
Old 21-10-2012, 00:07   #3

Hi Jan,
I'm interested in your plans, please contact me for further detalis,
many thanks,
lady.sailing@yahoo.com
Old 21-10-2012, 04:18   #4

Hi Ian,
very interested; please email me.
Thanks & regards
David
djunks@hotmail.com

djunks-AT-hotmail.com
Old 21-10-2012, 07:01   #5

Boat: voyage 580 catamaran
Me and my wife are interested. We are currently in Rio Dulce, Guatemala. jeffbarron three three at yahoo
Old 21-10-2012, 08:04   #6

Hello Ian! I am very interested in your trip to the Australia. If you are still looking for crew, please contact me at
rubyshoots@gmail.com
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!!
Robyn
Old 21-10-2012, 16:37   #7

Boat: 41' Sail

Sweet boat! Sailed a ketch rigged Gulf Star 50, Unicorn, to Cascais, from Miami in 1983!

Also, your current route is a cool one! You'll have a nice ride!

Cheers!
Old 22-10-2012, 00:55   #8

Hey,
I'm an Aussie 27yr old RYA coastal skipper with STCW95, radio and engine cert. I'm looking for a long term yacht to crew aboard. I have an Internet business, as long as I have a connection I can maintain and come aboard. Let me know,
Thanks
Old 22-10-2012, 14:08   #9

Hi Ian,

I am Steve a 37 year old Belgian who loves the ocean and adventure.
I own 2 kiteboarding schools in Belize and love the simple lifestyle and the rythm of the sea.
I am into of course kiteboarding,spearfishing and flyfishing ,Stand up paddle boarding and diving..so there will be never a shortage of fish..hehe
But after 6 years it s time for something new.
I was planning a Pacific crossing myself with a partner but he chickened out.
I have done a Trans Atlantic crossing a couple of years ago and 2 years ago i helped a friend launch his catamaran in Thailand and sailed it around there.
I have also done some shorter trips in Europe ..which was a bit less fun as the water wasn t so inviting to jump in..ahahah
I have an Rya coastal skipper degree.
I am an ok cook and I have already some technical experiences with boats..but loves to learn new stuff.
I also speak and write french with might be practical in Polynesia.
I have a girlfriend who might be interested in coming too.
She worked 3 years on the Queen Mary cruiseship and been around the world 3 times..not really the same..ahahah..
but she has some sailing experience too and more important she loves it and she is a great teamplayer.
So ..I hope to be part of your adventure and if you have more questions ,please send me an email.

Sincerely yours

steve@kitexplorer.com

or
joneslefty@hotmail.com
Old 23-10-2012, 13:12   #10

Please contact me at lynnrooker@yahoo.com with details.
Old 24-10-2012, 08:11   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwansbury View Post
ETD Curacao is early November but the opportunity starts now.
I am an experienced sailor with over 100,000 miles mostly on large private yachts. My own boat is Misty Blue 50ft Gulfstar CSY Sloop. There is a V double forward for crew who would like to come along and help. I need one person with sailing experience, that could be one of a couple, not get seasick, a passport, but importantly a good attitude, willing to learn and have fun. I'm primarily looking for people who are interested in sharing the experience of long term cruising.
We will share food expenses. I’ll cover Fuel, dockage, cruising permits etc. You are responsible for getting yourselves to and from the boat.
I'm sailing Misty Blue to Australia over the next 12 months. Curacao to Columbia, San Blas, Panama, Costa Rica, Cocos, Galapagos. ETA Marquesas June 1st. ETA Brisbane Nov 1st.
If you are interested add a reply and I’ll send you further details via email.
Ian Wansbury - Misty Blue
Hello Ian,

I live on Curacao and would like to meet you when you are on the island to discusse your plans.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!!

Marco
Old 26-10-2012, 08:27   #12

Looking for life’s next adventure!

Unattached, middle aged, straight male available for short trips, deliveries, extended cruising, circumnavigation or ??? What do you have in mind? Let’s talk.
Lifelong boater, highly experienced power boat operator and deck hand. Currently own 31’ Fountain center console rigged for fishing & diving. Trailerable anywhere in North America.
Crewed 87’ Commercial Trawler delivery from New Bedford, Mass. to Dakar, Senegal, stood watches, cooked, 19 days at sea in December. Extremely rough seas entire trip. I do not get seasick!
Some sailing experience, crewed 42’ Valiant from Bonaire to Florida, stood watches, assisted in pre-sailing boat preparation (boat had been moored for several years), cooked.
US Coast Guard licensed Captain, 50 ton Master w/ Commercial Towing Endorsement, but OK working/travelling as a deck hand, cook or whatever.
Familiar with modern electronics and navigational equipment but can still plot a course on a paper chart.
PADI Master Scuba Diver w/ numerous specialty ratings.
Strong mechanical aptitude, I can’t overhaul an engine but I can change a water pump or filter.
Better than average cook. Non-smoker, drug free, but I do enjoy cold beer when appropriate.
Experienced world traveler. I took an early retirement from the corporate world and now looking for what I want to do when I grow up.

Money is no longer an issue but life style is!

Contact: Pat via Cell: 214-850-0941 Leave message, E-mail: pat_aderman at juno dot com, Skype: pat_aderman
Old 26-10-2012, 09:53   #13

Good afternoon,

Your need for crew has excited me. I am not an experienced sailor; however, I adore the ocean and sailing. I have sailed with my parents on several occassions.
I am 45 year old male. I have been in healthcare for 19 years and an active American Red Cross volunteer for 11 years.
I am looking for a less stressful existence. This trip of travel and work sounds perfect.

I love to fish, cook, entertain, laugh, keep a tidy enviroment, and my work ethic is far superior than most.

I am currently in Gulfport, Mississippi but I am very familiar with Florida. So the travel to Davie would be of no issue.
I lived in Fort Lauderdale, Islamorada, and on Manasota Key on the West coast.I was laid off from a downsize with Hematology/Oncology group I worked for in Florida. That's how I ended up here in Gulfport.
Only working three days/week...I'm ready for a change. A big change and this sounds perfect.
I am a very quick study and I'm sure I could be of great help and company on this trip.
I can provide you with personal references, etc...
My personal email is:
seandurham2@gmail.com

http://facebook.com/sean.t.durham

Kind regards,
Sean Durham
901-900-4905
Old 29-10-2012, 18:20   #14

Hello my name is Anton 21 years old from Sweden. I am very interested to be a part o your Crew. This is my dream. I come from a sailing family and have been sailing my hole life (Sirena 38). 2011 i was sailing on a tall ship for three months between New Zealand and Fiji.
This summer i was also part of a crew of sailing boat that took part of sailing competitions around the area of the lake Varnen in Sweden(Rhapsody). I also did a weekend trip up in Svalbard.

At the moment i am backpacking around the west coast of USA.

I am based in Seattle. So it wont be any problem for me getting down to your lockation quick.

If you are in need of one more in your crew i am up for the task.

i hope to here from you

my phone number is 001 2064271704

email: anton.karvonen@gmail.com

regards

Anton Karvonen
Old 30-10-2012, 00:59   #15

On 21st October Ian Wansbury wrote:
"If you are interested add a reply and I’ll send you further details via email."
To everyone that posted to this thread - plse reply to say IF you have received that promised email. Thanks.

Tags
columbia, Curacao, Panama