Version 2.4 Release Candidate 720 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version.....
Source is available now on sourceforge git repo.
234. Two small corrections for Fedora compiler errors.
235. Correct for occasional crash on cm93 zoomin.
246. Improve GRIB PlugIn to show isobars. Thanks rooiedirk
247. Correct Measure tool logic (FS#590)
Release RC 2.4.720
Well, folks, this is it. One more round of smoke testing, and we'll call it good.
The only change I plan to still make is upgrading the Version number from 2.4.720 to 2.5.0. That's it!
Here is a Preview of the "official" Release notes. Please feel free to edit, amplify, or comment as desired, and send me the results.
New or Enhanced features in OpenCPN Version 2.5
1. Per-Cell offset adjustment for cm93 charts
2. Transverse Mercator chart quilting.
3. Selectable full screen
4. Configurable lat/lon gid lines.
5. Variable screen
6. Improved Tide/Current information window.
7. Configurable "Layers" function, enabling selectable display of fixed objects.
8. Improved and extended AIS
a. Euro Inland support
b. Base Stations and ATONs
9. Selectable FullScreen display mode.
10. Integrated Route
Planner function, with Tide table support.
11. Enhanced GUI functions, with floating transparent Toolbar.
12. Several new language options.
13. Improved internal memory management.
14. Improved Autopilot
15. New Multi-leg Measurement tool.
16. Improved Vector chart symbology.
17. Improved integrated Tide/Current data accuracy.
18. Greatly improved staility on all platforms, as a result of extended Beta testing.
1. Enhanced Dashboard PlugIn with several new instruments.
2. Enhanced GRIB PlugIn with isobar graphic depiction.