Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2016, 04:09   #76

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: ODraw - beta 1.1

Something very weird happens when I go into GZ Forward edit properties and try to set the angles exactly. If I enter -45 and 45 it shows correctly and then next time I open to edit I see -45 and -45 so I change it back to -45 and 45 and the GZ shows. Next time I edit it show -45 and -45, if I hit enter with no change, GZ disappears. I have to go back and put in -45 and 45 again. Very uncooperative action.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 04:47   #77

This is going to be an awesome improvement! Thanks Jon.
Needs a little more work...

Have left some "Isssues" in github.
I hope others will help test this new version. Note and try to isolate the cause of the issues please. https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_draw_pi/issues

The plugins are here https://github.com/jongough/ocpn_draw_pi/releases
Use Opencpn 4.4 please.

Thanks. May not have wifi for a couple of days... will try though. -Gone Sailing.
Old 19-06-2016, 14:49   #78

Boat: Richter 42

Rick,
Good ideas. Will have to see if I can get around to making the changes. I have just raised a flyspray for this, FS#2107.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon,
WatchDog first needs to check if OD objects exist and if they do not exist there should be a message or something and maybe change that Alarm to Purple color.

I just ran a previous test with Watchdog with some alarms in it that I had set up, but the OD objects were deleted. Watchdog simple accepts the OD objects and sits there looking with no heads up message that the OD objects do not exist.

The objects were several guard zones that I had set up with the ship.

PS: When I go into the Alarm GUID field it does have a popup message that says the guid does not exist.
However if someone has set up guard zones previously and expects them to be there (but they've been deleted or something) when they start Watchdog, perhaps there should be some checking first to alert if there are any Guid's missing.

Small procedural detail with big consequences. - Granted this is pre-release testing of concept code.

Amendment: I think the Watchdog Alarm checkbox should be unchecked and the Alarm text should be changed to purple if the GUID does not exist. If the user tries to turn on the checkbox, then a message comes up "Guid does not exist"
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 02:04   #79
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Jon,

with 1.19 from today:

running correctly with VDR (OpenGL ON/OFF), but when VDR stops, so no heading nor COG, after a delay (GPS outage, I suppose), the zones get garbled. Garbling is different for OpenGL on or off btw..

Just entering into Properties and "ok" does not repair the situation, changing some parameter yes.
Or starting VDR again.

Hubert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-20 10_47_48-OpenCPN 4.4.0-OD-1-19.png
Views:	406
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	126589   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-20 10_48_52-OpenCPN 4.4.0-OD-1-19-GL_OFF.png
Views:	114
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	126590  

Name:	2016-06-20 10_51_27-OpenCPN 4.4.0-OD-1-19-afterModifying.png
Views:	136
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	126591   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-20 10_52_38-OpenCPN 4.4.0-OD-1-19-RunningVDR.png
Views:	147
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	126592  

bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 02:20   #80
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Abuse test: changing name of GuardZone point while VDR is running will result in changing parameters of the guard zone.
The point with changed name moves position, as a consequence names for the points get inverted (outer becomes inner)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-06-20 11_08_07-OpenCPN 4.4.0-OD-1-19-changing_name_when_active.png
Views:	131
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	126593  
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 00:07   #81

Not sure if this is a "works as designed", but when moving the origin of an EBL the bearing displayed should be from the origin to the target. At the moment it displays the back bearing. I have added a report to Flyspray FS#2108 with a suggested code change that I have tested.
adwuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 00:24   #82

Patch 1.1.23 changes the information shown when moving an EBL to include both From and To bearings. Hopefully this will aid in using EBLs for position fixing.

Jon
Old 22-06-2016, 00:34   #83

Thanks Jon - I'll compile and have a go now

update: perfect - makes EBLs really easy to use for a fix now
adwuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 00:47   #84

I am not really sure you should be changing the names of the control points for a GZ. I have a fix for when the boat is moving (VDR provided info) that stops the points moving due to the heading/cog information. This is patch 1.1.24.

Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
Abuse test: changing name of GuardZone point while VDR is running will result in changing parameters of the guard zone.
The point with changed name moves position, as a consequence names for the points get inverted (outer becomes inner)
Old 22-06-2016, 01:09   #85

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello Jon Gough

Oops ... Gilletarom is not very gifted. Yesterday I tried the 1.1.17 version of draw. I created a guard zone around the boat and I started VDR with a file that contains many AIS targets.

The boat moved, the guard zone has moved with the boat. AIS targets are entered and SORIES of the guard zone. No alarm is triggered with WD. At any time, the display was "No AIS target."

What is my mistake?
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 05:59   #86

Jon,
I am trying to catch up here. Could you give us an update on status?
I have downloaded ocpn_pi v1.1.24 from your git repository.
I've git fetched and built watchdog 1.9.048 from Sean's repository.
Earlier I git fetched and built weather_routing_pi *master 163a856 Version bump from Sea's repository which improves error reporting. -Thank you Sean!

Are these current?
Should I test weather_routing_pi with boundaries? -Is it using line segments yet?"
I will test the Ocpn_Draw & Watchdog_pi combo. -Is it using line segments yet?"

Thanks.
Old 22-06-2016, 14:40   #87

Gillatrom,
I have just tried out a guard zone and, for me, it is working OK. The GZ is just a drawing on the screen and has no alarm capabilities itself. However, the WatchDog plugin does know how to query OD and the Guard Zone alarm in WD does, for me, correctly identify AIS moving targets within the GZ.

What I do to get it working is:
  • Create a GZ in OD
  • Right click the GZ and copy the GUID
  • Open WD and create a new boundary alarm
  • Select a type of Guard Zone
  • Paste the GUID into the text field
  • Set the alarm to put up a message box
  • Click OK
Now when an AIS target enters the GZ a message box will be shown on the screen. The only proviso at the moment is that the AIS target must be reporting its position as the test is done for each new AIS message that is received by OCPN. There is no history kept of previous messages, so an AIS target may be active (red) on the screen when it enters a GZ, but if it is not transmitting information, then the test for entry cannot be completed. It may be that the alarm needs to be more comprehensive, i.e. for AIS targets not transmitting a check should be done every few seconds to see if historic targets are now in the GZ.

Currently OCPN will continue to display as active 'lost' AIS targets for the user specified time (Options/Ships/AIS Targets). It may be that this needs to be reflected in WD. Is this a requirement?

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Jon Gough

Oops ... Gilletarom is not very gifted. Yesterday I tried the 1.1.17 version of draw. I created a guard zone around the boat and I started VDR with a file that contains many AIS targets.

The boat moved, the guard zone has moved with the boat. AIS targets are entered and SORIES of the guard zone. No alarm is triggered with WD. At any time, the display was "No AIS target."

What is my mistake?
Old 22-06-2016, 14:55   #88

Rick,
OD 1.1.24 contains fixes to issues that users have raised as well as the new ODAPI provided to speed up checking boundaries where many checks have to be performed, i.e. Weather Routing. The 'line crossing' JSON message has also been made available in ODAPI and this is used for Boundary Time and Distance alarms. If you enable 'graphics' for the alarm it will draw a line to the closed point of the closest boundary for the Distance alarm.

The Guard Zone alarm now checks static Boundaries, Boundary Points and the new Guard Zone. This means you can set Guard Zone alarms for static locations on the chart as well as for dynamic areas around the moving boat.

I have not made any recent changes to the weather routing plugin as Sean was going to do this using the new ODAPI. I provided a pull for using the line crossing JSON message, but that has not yet been incorporated into the mainline. I suspect that Sean will use the ODAPI for this, rather than the JSON messages as it should be much faster.

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Jon,
I am trying to catch up here. Could you give us an update on status?
I have downloaded ocpn_pi v1.1.24 from your git repository.
I've git fetched and built watchdog 1.9.048 from Sean's repository.
Earlier I git fetched and built weather_routing_pi *master 163a856 Version bump from Sea's repository which improves error reporting. -Thank you Sean!

Are these current?
Should I test weather_routing_pi with boundaries? -Is it using line segments yet?"
I will test the Ocpn_Draw & Watchdog_pi combo. -Is it using line segments yet?"

Thanks.
Old 26-06-2016, 22:38   #89

Hello Jongough,

Test with 1.1.24

First, I've updated the language file on Crowdin

On the other hand, here is a screenshot showing a small defect readability. There are two items on the magnetic heading and COG cap. The magnetic heading item is not readable because of space on the line.

Finally, the item "GuardZone" remains in English in the display of basic information on yellow background. (Perhaps because the english item "Guard Zone" is in two word with a space in the pot file)

B.R. Gilletarom.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-06-27-Magnetic_cap_not_lisible.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	126972   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-27-Item_GuardZone_in_english.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	126973  

Old 26-06-2016, 23:04   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Gillatrom,
What I do to get it working is:
  • Create a GZ in OD
  • Right click the GZ and copy the GUID
  • Open WD and create a new boundary alarm
  • Select a type of Guard Zone
  • Paste the GUID into the text field
  • Set the alarm to put up a message box
  • Click OK..
Jon
I created a GZ. Now I know the run. Thank you for your explanation.
But I observe that:
If an AIS target enters the danger zone, and the line in the WD window turns red, it remains red if I move the points of the GZ and that no more AIS target in the GZ.