Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 14:32   #46

Boat: Richter 42
Re: ODraw - beta 1.1

Gilletarom,
As the beta is changing at the moment I have not put the new POT file up on crowdin, but it is available in the git repository if you want to have a look.

Regards
Jon
jongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 22:41   #47

Hi,
For Guard Zones should state matter for watchdog alarms? Currently for Boundary alarms you can select a state of 'Any', 'Active', 'Inactive' to trigger the alarm. Should this be extended to Guard Zones? Also, should Guard Zones be capable of being 'Exclusion', 'Inclusion', 'Neither'?

Jon
Old 13-06-2016, 01:01   #48

Boat: 10.50 mètres

This morning it is windy ... not that much to me, but the bosun said, "We stay at the port." And besides, I picked an excellent WIFI. So I do some tests.

I worked found the language file.

I created several gardzone.
I had created a first version of the French language file. After creating the GZ2, I wanted to improve the language file.
So I closed OpenCPN then reopen it. At that moment, he just left a segment of the GZ2. I created a GZ3. I wanted to move a point on the GZ2. But then, this is the GZ3 who has more displayed correctly. Strange.

Moreover, in the language file, there is an item in English "GardZone" which is not present in the French file. You can add it. thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-13_Draw_1.1_With_2_guard-zonejpg.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	126063  
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 02:03   #49

Gilletarom,
What version of OD are you using. The current version is 1.1.9. If there is a partial Guard Zone (GZ) after a restart can you please let me know what you did to produce it. I do know that if you make multiple changes to a GZ, including changing the persistence it can sometimes not be correct over a restart. I am trying to find out what is happening, but not having much luck at the moment.

I cannot find "gardzone" in my project. There is "GuardZone" which is the type given to this path, there is also "Guard Zone Point" which is the type given to the two points used to define the GZ.

Sorry about the wind and not being able to go out. But at least you can have a play with some of the new functionality .

Jon
Old 13-06-2016, 02:18   #50

Hello Jongoiugh,

I use 1.1.8 as said in post #42 and as visible in properties of this version.

"I cannot find "gardzone" in my project. There is "GuardZone" which is the type given to this path, there is also "Guard Zone Point" which is the type given to the two points used to define the GZ."

Yes, there is "GuardZone" in English but not in French po file. Please add this item in french po file (and perhaps in all other files language)
Old 13-06-2016, 03:14   #51

hello Jongough,

Anomalies on guardzone often occur. I will say that just make a change either in the properties either by manually moving a point. But what I just wrote is not entirely true.

Here two situations where the point is not exactly on the red corner guardzone. This kind of phenomenon often occurs. The point is often dropped out of the corner of guarzone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-06-13_Draw_1.1_With_2_guard-zonejpg.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	126073   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-13_Draw_1.1_guard-zone_Point_not_on_circle.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	332.5 KB
ID:	126074  

Old 13-06-2016, 04:14   #52

Jongough,

I have create some GZ and then I destroy the 2 and 3. Then I create a new guardzone, and it create a guardzone 2. So same name. Not good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-06-13-Same_name.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	126075  
Old 13-06-2016, 04:52   #53

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
For Guard Zones should state matter for watchdog alarms? Currently for Boundary alarms you can select a state of 'Any', 'Active', 'Inactive' to trigger the alarm. Should this be extended to Guard Zones? Also, should Guard Zones be capable of being 'Exclusion', 'Inclusion', 'Neither'?
I am in favor of keeping it simple and purposeful. AIS Guard Zones are basically "Exclusion" or "Exclusive" so I would keep it that way. What would we use the "Inclusion" or "neither" for?

Regarding 'Any', 'Active', 'Inactive' to trigger the alarm. I think we need to go with the standard. --However is there any way to simplify this overall for new users? -Probably not, but it is confusing at first, and I always have to think about it. I've taken to using Any quite often, but that might be too restricting.
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 22:34   #54

Gilletarom,
Patch 1.1.12 is now available. This should fix the issue with points moving away from the GZ when a point properties are changed from the properties dialog. It also fixes the selection of GZ's after a restart and the leaving behind of Guard Zone Points if you right click whilst drawing a GZ after the first point has been created.

I think this fixes the issues you have found so far.

Regards
Jon
Old 13-06-2016, 22:36   #55

Rick,
At the moment the state of the GZ is not tested for, so any AIS target entering the zone will trigger the alarm. It may be worth changing this to check for the state and if 'inactive' just ignore targets being in the zone. What do you think.

Jon
Old 14-06-2016, 00:06   #56
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongough View Post
Rick,
At the moment the state of the GZ is not tested for, so any AIS target entering the zone will trigger the alarm. It may be worth changing this to check for the state and if 'inactive' just ignore targets being in the zone. What do you think.

Jon
(M)ARPA targets should trigger alarms as well, I think. Represented by the xxTTM and xxTLL NMEA0183 sentences.
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 00:27   #57

The AIS_Decoder sends a stripped down information message for each AIS target that it process to the JSON message processor for plugins. This information contains Lat, Lon, SOG, COG, HDG, MMSI and Shipname.es to the system via JSON messages. It would appear that ARPA messages fall into that catagory, so the watchdog is getting the information.

The watchdog guard zone alarm listens for all AIS messages of the above type and checks with OD if the Lat/Lon is in the specified GZ using the user supplied GUID. If you can test that it does work, that would be great.

Jon
Old 14-06-2016, 01:06   #58

Hi,
Patch 1.1.13 contains a fix for GZ points drifting away from the GZ when zooming in and the GZ is large in certain parts of the world.

Jon
Old 14-06-2016, 03:11   #59

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Jon, I think testing for inactive might be useful, what do others think? It would be really nice to keep this simple though so users don't have too many choices to make, so it just works every time, reliably. For that to happen it needs to be very simple and straightforward. This is not a multitool, it has one dedicated purpose.
rgleason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 16:40   #60

Rick,
The state of the guard zone is now used so only 'Active' GD's will cause the alarm to fire. This change requires OD 1.1.14 & WD 1.9.047 .

Jon