Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 30-09-2018, 16:02   #2671

Boat: Steamboat, 25 ft
Route & Mark Manager widths

This is a small thing, but slightly irritating.

It's been said that settings in OpenCPN are "persistent" however in the Route & Mark Manager I can drag the window out to a readable size, and set the column widths to a convenient width but when I open Route & Mark Manager again, the widths have reverted back to being narrow again.

Would be nice if they persisted.

Ryan

Sir_Crabs_A_Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 16:46   #2672

Location: Currently cruising Southern Indonesia, heading for peninsular Malaysia
Boat: Wauquiez 45' (now 48') catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Jon Hacking
Re: Feature Requests

Ryan, this is already part of flyspray bug #2276. It's not just the Routes & Marks Manager - several other dialog boxes don't remember their settings either, & it would be nice if they did. This bug currently has 3 other votes, but if you'd like to add your vote, it would bump it up the priority stack & maybe we'd see some more action on it.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:31   #2673

Boat: RM 1200

I have not read through all of this as it is a massive thread, if my wishes are already mentioned (likely) I apologize for doubleposting.

Two wishes really
1. Multiscreen support. I would love to be able to either run two instances of O on the same computer to have different views on different screens. F. instance different maps or zoomlevels on the same time, og radar on one screen, map on the ohter and so on. There is probably a much better way of doing this than running two instances of O, but it was the easiest way to explain it..

2. "Better" colorpalette on night color scheme. I find the built in colorsets hard to read at night. They work fine with dimming down the light, but at the same time small objects like depth soundings and contours are almost impossible to see. Not a problem far out to sea, but annoying when you are closer to the coast. I believe just changing colors on text, lines and shading would make this a lot easier.

Thanks for a brilliant product tho. My main navigation on board.
Tabaqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:36   #2674

Boat: Najad 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaqui View Post
1. Multiscreen support. I would love to be able to either run two instances of O on the same computer to have different views on different screens. F. instance different maps or zoomlevels on the same time, og radar on one screen, map on the ohter and so on. There is probably a much better way of doing this than running two instances of O, but it was the easiest way to explain it....
It's already possible to run two instances of O even on Windows. One "main" and one portable. Let the main connect to all surrounding NMEA connections and transfer it via network UDP, local host, to the portable.
See here for more info: https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...rtable_opencpn

For the future we may hope for a multi window support to be included in one instance of OCPN, I do agree,
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:38   #2675
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

Quote:
1. Multiscreen support. I would love to be able to either run two instances of O on the same computer to have different views on different screens. F. instance different maps or zoomlevels on the same time, og radar on one screen, map on the ohter and so on. There is probably a much better way of doing this than running two instances of O, but it was the easiest way to explain it..
Split screen will be a feature with the next version of OpenCPN.
And when combining with a parallel portable install on the same machine one can get up to four different "views" then. Should be sufficient....
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 16:46   #2676

Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch

Quote:
1. Multiscreen support. I would love to be able to either run two instances of O on the same computer to have different views on different screens.
In this document I describe split-screen configuration using a portable OpenCPN version:
HOW TO CONFIGURE A PORTABLE OpenCPN PROGRAM ON A USB MEMORY STICK Rev2

Terry