Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2021, 02:12   #46

Boat: Bavaria 44' 2002
Re: How to connect Matsutec HA102 AIS transponder to Raymarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateral View Post
Anybody have download URL for updated Firmware? re Tx frequency offset.
It is not included in HA-102-CD.rar, which has everything else.
Thanks.
Having same issues here - would really appreciate any info on firmware update. Very frustrating dealing with the manufacturer - was send some file which only a technician would understand and involves connecting jump cables to one of the electronic parts inside the AIS - dont want to go that way and am sure a firmware update should be a lot simpler. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance
markram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 11:11   #47

Boat: 1979 Californian 34

Well, I connected and ran my MATSUTEC HA-102. Shortly after I turned it on the local harbour patrol boat showed up and said that he had a MOB signal coming from my slip. The MMSI number was a Search And Rescue number (SART). I finally received an MMSI number associated with my VHF radio. Now, how do I program the MATSUTEC HA-102 with my new MMSI number?
OnTheSea60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 11:13   #48

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSea60 View Post
. Now, how do I program the MATSUTEC HA-102 with my new MMSI number?
What did the manual tell you?
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 13:38   #49

Boat: S34 Bob Stewart - 1959 Patiki class. Re--built by me & good mate.

Depending if the the ha102 has a db9 port you need either a db9 to db9 female/female or just one and a pigtail and wire to ha102 data cable, then use the utility program.
Or, if you only have USB then get a USB to db9 . And driver.
Ha102 rar CD available here.
Download_Matsutec Brand absorbed Sailing Yacht and Marine electronics

Pretty straight forward. Mine had no db9 rs332 port so had to use a db9 terminal block.
lateral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 14:00   #50

I was told that once programmmed you had to have a factory reset but I don’t think this is the case with the ha102.
Hence no international acceptance stamp.
Factory reset= go back to factory.
Not user doable type.
I changed mine.
Old 17-07-2021, 14:45   #51

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateral View Post
I was told that once programmmed you had to have a factory reset but I don’t think this is the case with the ha102.
Hence no international acceptance stamp.
Factory reset= go back to factory.
Not user doable type.
I changed mine.
You can program your MMSI as many times as you want to. This is no proretary device from raymarine, B&G etc where they use this excuse "Security" to simply make money and make it as uncomfortable and time consuming so you buy their newest device instead. Went through that nightmare with raymarine VHF and out of principal set it tnrough, 2 weeks and 120Euro fee+shipping for simply change a number...

And HA102 has an official and registered CE certification, the German officials from "Bundesnetzagentur" checked mine, all ok. Which means it has an international acceptance too.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 15:01   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
You can program your MMSI as many times as you want to. This is no proretary device from raymarine, B&G etc where they use this excuse "Security" to simply make money and make it as uncomfortable and time consuming so you buy their newest device instead. Went through that nightmare with raymarine VHF and out of principal set it tnrough, 2 weeks and 120Euro fee+shipping for simply change a number...

And HA102 has an official and registered CE certification, the German officials from "Bundesnetzagentur" checked mine, all ok. Which means it has an international acceptance too.
Good info to know.
Thread drift , but ....
I not going to install my Matsutec as I also have a Halo+ radar that gathering dust and I think I would prefer that on my puny 9" B&G plotter rather than have the clutter of AIS targets obliterating my screen.
I have a Standard horizon VHF AIS receive only that i hooked up to the plotter
(only been in the boat 5yrs!) last night and was horrified with the mess on my screen. Guess I could hook it to my toughbook.
Its value would be realized in open sea when there are way less targets but prefer higher a situation awareness product given the choice. Especially with the number of non-AIS vessels out there. Although I'm picking it will become mandatory for international cruising in the near future. As in covid ravaged Fiji at the moment.
Happy to be shown the error of my thinking.
Old 18-07-2021, 00:50   #53
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36

Quote:

This is NOT the case

AIS approval means in the USA the user cannot program the AIS MMSI At all. In Europe you are allowed the initial programming yourself but it requires a factory reset

Srt which make most of these OEM brands has a password lock on the reset. Without that password you can’t reset the system to put in a new mmsi.

The reason it’s this way is to conform with the acceptance legislation not because manufacturers want money ( they would be delighted if the rules were changed and have argued they should be , in particular the US has held firm on this )
Old 18-07-2021, 00:55   #54

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
This is NOT the case

AIS approval means in the USA ........

You do realise that USA is not the world right?
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2021, 00:59   #55
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
How to connect Matsutec HA102 AIS transponder to Raymarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
You do realise that USA is not the world right?

Any AIS will be built to certification standards either in the US , or Europe ( usually both ) as almost every other jurisdiction accepts these or duplicates these.

That’s not to say a device is certified to US or EU standards , but the manufacturer in question does indicate the device is built to the relevant IEC standards. This limit the MMSI programming regime

My point was the MMSI lock is not a device to make a manufacture money , it’s a requirement of certification that the manufacturer is forced to follow
Old 26-10-2021, 04:18   #56

Quote:

@CaptainRivet,
Sorry to bother, but found your comment on AIS transponder HA102 and wanted to ask you where did you buy it? I live myself in Germany, and willing to connect it with Axiom chart plotter. Does it require any advanced skills to make it work with Raymarine?

I found on Alibaba following supplier. I do not have great experience with purchases on Alibaba so if you could share your source it would help me a lot
Greetings
Marcel

https://huayang-tech.en.alibaba.com/product/60434249273-209839906/HA_102_Class_B_AIS_receiver_and_transmitter.html?s pm=a2700.shop_cp.61684.11.2ca24000vwutDF
CosmoCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 06:51   #57

Boat: '02 Jeanneau Sun Odyssy 43DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCruiser View Post
@CaptainRivet,
Sorry to bother, but found your comment on AIS transponder HA102 and wanted to ask you where did you buy it? I live myself in Germany, and willing to connect it with Axiom chart plotter. Does it require any advanced skills to make it work with Raymarine?

I found on Alibaba following supplier. I do not have great experience with purchases on Alibaba so if you could share your source it would help me a lot
Greetings
Marcel

https://huayang-tech.en.alibaba.com/product/60434249273-209839906/HA_102_Class_B_AIS_receiver_and_transmitter.html?s pm=a2700.shop_cp.61684.11.2ca24000vwutDF
I got mine from TaoBao ( the chinese version of Aliexpress)

cheers
andreshs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 22:37   #58

Did any of you resolve the silent issue? Has anyone got copies of the firmware?

I programmed mine and it sometimes will transmit, but then suddenly stopped, now only transmits every now abs again (hours apart) - it says it’s in stodma mode when it starts up (looking at the rs232 data)

My HA102 powers up, gets a fix, but doesn’t transmit for hours, (checked by looking at other boats plotters and watching the rs232 data stream.

Does anyone know if the rs232 data shows it trying to transmit? It does when you press the emergency button.
Diva6500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2022, 09:17   #59

Hi ,
Can you please share your contact at Matsutec ? I have the same problem but I can't reach help
NPRIOUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2023, 05:17   #60

Quote:

Hi! Do you have a copy of the CE Certification?
I contacted a few dealers but none of them could or wanted to send it to me.

Cheers,

Will
freaky930 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais, grass, marine, raymarine