Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2023, 10:10   #1

Boat: Moody 41
Axiom 9+

It will be possible, having the correct transducers (wind/depth/speed) to have those info in the Axiom 9+ screen without having the standard instruments? Like the i50/i60/i70
abezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2023, 14:25   #2

Boat: Outremer 55L
Re: Axiom 9+

Quote:
Originally Posted by abezzi View Post
It will be possible, having the correct transducers (wind/depth/speed) to have those info in the Axiom 9+ screen without having the standard instruments? Like the i50/i60/i70

Yes, you can display all information on your Seatalk network on the Axiom+. Display pages can be modified to show the information that you want to display. You will need an ITC-5 to transform analogue data into digital for your network.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2023, 20:48   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 50

My understanding is at least one instrument, i50, i60, i70, is needed to set up, calibrate, and control the sensors. The MFD is read only.
Pitchondesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2023, 01:52   #4

No idea why manufacturers bother writing or publishing manuals when no-one seems to read them!

Refer to page 71 of the LightHouse 4 (v4.5.84) Advanced Operation manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf page 71.pdf (124.3 KB, 60 views)
stevead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2023, 07:19   #5

Thanks for your answers and the time you spent doing it! Much appreciated
Old 27-09-2023, 15:50   #6

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevead View Post
No idea why manufacturers bother writing or publishing manuals when no-one seems to read them!

Refer to page 71 of the LightHouse 4 (v4.5.84) Advanced Operation manual.
Just be aware not all networks have or need the analogue to SeaTalkNG© iTC5 installed. For example your wind instrument may have a legacy E22108 Pod that only converts the analogue wind signals into SeaTalkNG©. Your depth / speed / sea temperature may be a digital DST800 or DST810 with direct SeatalkNG© connection.

Investigate and document what your vessel has installed, as that will help you understand how the Axiom will see the SeaTalkNG© (NMEA2000) data. From experience, depending on the network especially where legacy autohelm or instrument displays exist, one has to temporarily minimise the devices on the network to allow the Axiom MDF to recognise and allow calibration.

With a new Axiom9+ and LightHouse Version 4 or greater installed menu: [Homescreen>Settings>Network>Data sources]
OldGreyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2023, 01:13   #7

Ah then is very easy...the depth and speed transducers installed on the boat are the original ones, so 40 years old, and the wind transducer...has been MIA for a long time according to the previous owner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreyB View Post
Just be aware not all networks have or need the analogue to SeaTalkNG© iTC5 installed. For example your wind instrument may have a legacy E22108 Pod that only converts the analogue wind signals into SeaTalkNG©. Your depth / speed / sea temperature may be a digital DST800 or DST810 with direct SeatalkNG© connection.

Investigate and document what your vessel has installed, as that will help you understand how the Axiom will see the SeaTalkNG© (NMEA2000) data. From experience, depending on the network especially where legacy autohelm or instrument displays exist, one has to temporarily minimise the devices on the network to allow the Axiom MDF to recognise and allow calibration.

With a new Axiom9+ and LightHouse Version 4 or greater installed menu: [Homescreen>Settings>Network>Data sources]