Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-12-2016, 00:37   #1

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Spreadsheet Help (Needed)!!! For me, & ultimately Newby boat buyers.

Hey guys. Yep, it's time for my inner luddite's 'coming out'. Meaning that much to my chagrin, I'm confessing my paucity of spreadsheet creation & use knowledge. Which, I'm fairly aware of how valuable they can be for creating & tracking inventories, or for doing cost comparisons of big, complex projects. Such as boat buying for example.
Thus I'd appreciate it BIG if you guys could steer me to some Spreadsheet for Dummies tutorials. Especially ones which start schooling you from about the point at which screen #1 pops up on your computer monitor.

In particular I want to be able to get smooth enough with them so that I can create one for comparing the cost/value of boat X with her as is equipment list, to boat Y with hers, when shopping for a cruiser ultimately kitted out to "level Z" with systems & gear.

Especially as such a thing would be useful to show/give to folks who are asking the perpetual question of "which boat should I buy". Where upon I usually tell them that a boat's gear can easily cost as much or more than the boat is worth/her initial purchase price. So they need to compare apples to apples, by doing a total vessel/gear price comparo (via a spreadsheet).

Thanks. And if anyone wants to create a spreadsheet like mentioned above (& in lots of my other posts), I'd surely love it!

Gratzi

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote