Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Members List
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

thunderhoof is a helpful poster

thunderhoof thunderhoof is offline

Registered User

Profile Comments

Showing Profile Comments 1 to 1 of 1
  1. Ike
    Please let me know where you found this quote.

    I also found this on creating a HIN:

    Every recreational boat must have a Hull Identification Number (HIN). Normally these are assigned by the boat manufacturer using a Manufacturers Identification Code assigned by the Coast Guard. However, in the case of a homebuilt boat the HIN is assigned by the state in which the boat is registered. When you go to register the boat, tell them it is a home built boat (or back yard built boat). The may make you sign something attesting to this. Anyway, when they assign the registration they will also assign an HIN. Each state has been given a manufacturers ID Code that identifies the state that assigned the HIN. etc.........

    I hope not from my web site. the contact information is wrong. Rick retired years ago. CGHQ moved. They have new phone numbers. phone number is 202-372-1077 or go to their web site

About Me

  • About thunderhoof
    Vessel Make/ model
    Beneteau 40.7
    Vessel Name
    Blue Agave
    San Diego, CA
    retired engineer
    motorcycles, boat maintenamce
    moved to SD from East Coast so I could sail year-round


Total Posts
Profile Comments
General Information
  • Last Activity: 06-05-2021 15:13
  • Join Date: 03-01-2016
  • Referrals: 0

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.