Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2023, 14:05   #1

Looking for someone in Chicago with a sailboat

Hi there!

My husband and I live in Tennessee , but we are in Chicago through August or September. He has been hospitalized almost 4 months now. He had transplant surgery at UChicago at the beginning of April, and had several complications after, but is doing SO much better! His discharge date from the PT rehab place is next week.

After all he’s been through this year, I just thought it would be a wonderful treat for him to go out on a sailboat on Lake Michigan for a little while one day, but we don’t know anyone here, so I was hoping to connect with someone who might be willing to take us out for a couple hours.

A little about us- we are in our mid 30s, have been married for 14 years, and we love the water, and have taken many cruises around the Caribbean. we briefly owned a Morgan sailboat on the reservoir in Jackson, MS. We would have kept it, but didn’t have a good place to bring it when we moved to TN. It’s our dream to own another one day and possibly do some blue water cruising.

Let me know if you’re in the Chicago area and could help us out!
EABfromTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2023, 15:43   #2

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Looking for someone in Chicago with a sailboat

Welcome to the forum and wishing your husband a speedy recovery. I hope someone steps up for you. You could try to have a skippered charter in the Chicago area.

https://www.chicagosailboatcharters.com/
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2023, 17:29   #3

Boat: Catalina 27

I hope you find a way to get some time on the water no matter what company you choose.

https://www.seabirdsailingchicago.com

Seabird Sailing is a small family owned sail charter company located at Belmont Harbor in Chicago. Erik and Catherine are the owners and the only employees. Full disclosure, they are good friends of mine, but I have no financial stake in the business.

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery.
eriksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2023, 17:29   #4

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome to CruisersForum!

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, Chicago, Lake Michigan, sail, sailboat