Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2017, 05:49   #1

Hello from the keys... time for a boat!

Hello,

My name is Ben. I have a family of four and we are looking for a boat! My wife and I are 28 and 30 and our kids are 4 and 6. We have only a little sailing experience but are looking for a lot more!

I currently have a 23' center console fishing boat. We spend a lot of time out on the water and all have good sea legs. We are looking for a sailboat to cruise summers on and possibly eventually live on. We have viewed a few boats but would like some input from you guys!

We have been looking at mostly shoal draft monohulls... Beneteau, hunter, jenneau between 38-44' have been the favorites. We will mostly be cruising Florida, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean. Possibly a trip up the east coast at some point. Currently no plans for any Atlantic or pacific crossings.

Our budget is about 100k and that leaves us a cushion for repairs but I would like to be in a boat that's pretty much ready to cruise for 100. Good rigging, sails, deck, thruhulls, recent bottom job n such.

I have watched all of sv Delos, most of la vagabonde, and some drake paragon and learned a lot from these.

I've also done a LOT of reading but I'd love to hear your opinions/advice!?!?

TIA

Ben
Offshorespacesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat