Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-09-2011, 22:44   #1

Bought a Boat in Perth

Hi - I'm new to the forum.
Our story....We relocated to Perth in 2007 and I spent two seasons crewing on a 40ft Farr to learn a bit about sailing as I'd never really sailed before. I eventually built up the courage to buy 'Ben Bolt' - a 40ft Trimaran in early 2010 - the idea was to slowly get my wife and kids keen on sailing and do some coastal cruising. As luck would have it we had hardly taken ownership when I took an assignment in Madagascar (just for 6 months to sit out the recession) and we left Ben Bolt sitting on a mooring in Mangles bay. Six months has now turned to 18 months, Ben Bolt is still sitting on the mooring and it looks like I'll be going from here to South Africa instead of returning to Perth...
Having failed at a few half-hearted attempts to get somebody to sail her over to Madagascar for me (and to sell her), I'm seriously considdering trying to get a crew together and sail her from Perth to Mauritius next June/July, from where I'm hoping to find somebody that can use her for charter / daysailing tourists - enough to keep her maintained.
Until then I'm looking for somebody that may want to use her (at no cost) for the season in Perth - just so she's at least getting some use and attention.
DasMuller is offline   Reply With Quote