Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2018, 07:15   #31

Re: Compost Toilet Gnats Removal

Forest Gump had it right when he was shot in the buttocks!
Flextron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 17:01   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxykty View Post
I would generate lots of laughs and sometimes offensive looks when I referred to my fanny pack, so now it’s a bum bag.
FYI, a male human might generate laughs without any words, simply by sporting one of those packs. Calling it a fanny pack just adds more funny on top of funny... in some neighborhoods.
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 20:26   #33
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

cyan-
Those belt packs, especially the leather ones, are actually a popular "concealed carry" handgun holder. So the really great thing is, if someone laughs at one? It just means they're an ignorant fool in more ways than one.
A true fanny pack is somewhat larger, big enough to carry your rain jacket and water bottle or other gear, usually spread across some 18-24" and just fitting under a daypack.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 22:36   #34

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
cyan-
Those belt packs, especially the leather ones, are actually a popular "concealed carry" handgun holder. So the really great thing is, if someone laughs at one? It just means they're an ignorant fool in more ways than one.
A true fanny pack is somewhat larger, big enough to carry your rain jacket and water bottle or other gear, usually spread across some 18-24" and just fitting under a daypack.
'Gnat removal' thread morphs into a gun thread. I guess, in retrospect, it had to happen.

goat
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:51   #35

Compost Toilet Gnats Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
cyan-

So the really great thing is, if someone laughs at one? It just means they're an ignorant fool in more ways than one.

Guys who wear speedos will draw giggles in some places. Guys who wear board shorts will draw giggles in other places. The only ignorance here is not understanding that cultures are just different.

A guy who wears a fanny pack who thinks that the word “fanny” is the only source of the laughter might simply have travelled to a place where guys are ridiculed for wearing them. (Don’t ask me how I know this) In such places, the translation to “vagina pack” would be a joke on top of a joke.

More importantly, I’ve never heard of the gnat issue with composter toilets. Any other hidden surprises for us tanker folks considering the switch?
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:55   #36
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

In some places a bum bag, others a swag.Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_20180912_085454812.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	177252
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:27   #37

Boat: 1969 30 Mariner Sedan Cruiser

I wonder if some of the "gnats" aren't fruit flies that migrate in on fruits and veggies, then transfer residences to the head after the offending veggies and fruits are consumed or removed.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil, removal