Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-02-2019, 16:15   #11

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: when to take the plunge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgal View Post
i also have a fear of failing perhaps as well... sad but true. one sure does get to know oneself when shopping for a sailboat!
This certainly caught my eye, Wolfgal. I won't turn this into a "how men and women are different" thread because we know where that always leads, but it is likely that fear of the unknown and failure loom large as the reasons why it is so hard for women to make such life altering decisions. It certainly was for me. Whenever I tried to think 5 steps ahead (such as step 1: buy boat....step 5: deliver boat from San Diego to San Francisco), it would literally shut me down and I could not even proceed to step 1. I had to push through the future fear with the idea that I would somehow figure it out. Just buying a boat is a HUGE step and it is extremely hard to overcome the concern that you might not know everything that you need to know in making this decision. As I said earlier, sometimes you just have to jump off the cliff and trust that you do have the wherewithal to eventually figure out those things that not currently figure-outable. Good luck
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote