Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2017, 11:43   #46

Re: Multi-year USCG documentation renewals being considered

The way I read the CG website is that you can renew ahead of schedule. I don't see any restrictions on how much ahead of time you can do this.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:44   #47

Boat: Formosa 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjordan View Post
About ten minutes ago I heard a short radio news report that said the trump administration is planning on cutting the CG budget. This was on an NBC or CBS station (I dont recall which) so I dont see any reason for it to be fake news, but I havent tried to verify it. Cutting the CG budget doesnt make any sense to me, but most recent things dont make a lot of sense. Has anyone else got info on this? _____Grant.
A reported $1.3B cut.

Trump's budget is going to slash $1 billion from the Coast Guard - Business Insider

Keep in mind, for all the money the CG spends on the war on drugs, by their own admission, they only intercept 10% to 20% of the drugs trafficked.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 13:51   #48

I suppose that we are only allowed to believe what we hear on FOX or Brightbart? They are soooo truthful. If the CG is getting its budget cut, I cant imagine anything getting better for us waiting on CG paperwork, or even those poor souls needing rescue. Maybe the money saved will Make America Great Again????? Grant.
gjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 14:47   #49

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjordan View Post
I suppose that we are only allowed to believe what we hear on FOX or Brightbart? They are soooo truthful. If the CG is getting its budget cut, I cant imagine anything getting better for us waiting on CG paperwork, or even those poor souls needing rescue. Maybe the money saved will Make America Great Again????? Grant.
You can believe whatever and whoever you want to. CNN perhaps?

Cutting spending to match income will be a good start towards making America great again. Something one party doesn't seem to understand.

The USCG's mission seems to have shifted away from helping private boaters anyway so what's the big deal?
Old 06-03-2017, 14:52   #50

You don't have to believe any news organizations at all.

Just watch the tapes.

This is more than an "unintended consequence." It was the result of an uninformed "policy" that caters to the thoughtless. Sure, let's reduce regulations, sounds great, but the proof's in the implementation.

So far, not so good.

Want to bet there are many more?
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 16:32   #51
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
As I heard it any new reg. would require eliminating two old ones. I feel sure it would be easy to find two.
Actually there is a misunderstanding concerning what regulations are in many quarters. Congress passes a law; then the executive branch writes a series of regulations to implement the law. Those regulations are published in the Code of Federal Regulations or CFR. Agencies don't make the policy, they just implement it. And they can't repeal regulations that implement laws passed by congress 'willy-nilly,' that is a long process to make sure the law is still implemented. Most USCG reg's are safety related (read 33 and 46CFR for examples). Cutting regulations is a nice sound bite but often Congress needs to change a law that instructs a specific change in policy. That's how we got the 5 year mandate in the Coast Guard Authorization Bill (I personally lobbied for this on behalf of SSCA). Now we just need the USCG to publish the necessary reg's in the CFR and off we go. That's the current hold up.
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
documentation, men