Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2017, 19:40   #1

Exiting Bahamas with newly acquired boat

Hi all,

I will shortly be delivering the catamaran I purchased out of the Moorings fleet in Abaco to the BVI's, and have been researching exit requirements for the Bahamas.

As far as I can tell, the only requirement is to surrender the immigration cards for the crew at the nearest Port of Entry. Is this correct? I want to be sure I won't have any issues clearing into the BVI due to lack of previous clear-out papers.

The other issue is that my crew and I will be flying into the Bahamas on one-way tickets. the Bahamas website says that in this instance, the owner must present himself and the vessels cruising permit (which I don't have, since I acquired the vessel IN the Bahamas!).

Entering/Exiting Policies | The Official Site of The Bahamas

Does anyone have experience of whether this is enforced... or should we just avoid the issue by buying refundable return tickets, and just canceling them soon as we're there?

Thanks all for any input, much appreciated.

Andy.
ajbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bahamas, boat