Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2010, 14:49   #10

Boat: Uniflite Mega 28'
I think you are leaving yourself in a precarious position if delaying the survey. In the insurance world you have a duty of due diligence in assessing the damage to your boat. The reality is that there appears to be minimal damage but appearances can be deceiving. You have a recent survey which is great so you know the pre-existing problems with the boat.
What you need now is a surveyor from your insurance company to come examine the boat. If it is a surveyor experienced in assessing damages they may in fact say all the paint needs to come off before an assessment can be made.
My feeling is that you should make an claim with your insurance company and have them assess the boat. If it is badly damaged they can then provide you with recompense and they can battle with the operator and their insurance. I don't think you should deal with the crane operators insurance directly, especially if they are not a marine company.
My 2 c,
Aaron
aaronupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote