Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2017, 20:45   #1

Yanmar 1gm10 alt/gen pivot bracket

My belts were getting worn down top quickly. So i inspected the system and found that the pivot bolt had worn an oval hole. I'v tried washers, shims and i serts and have come to the conclusion that I need a new mounting bracket but i cannot even find it's part number.
I'm wondering if anyone has made one?
jtp7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 21:49   #2
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Yanmar 1gm10 alt/gen pivot bracket

Welcome to CF jpt7571.

What part of the world are you in?
If you have tried the local Yanmar agents, what did they say?
What year is the engine?

I haven't had to make one but I would think it must be easier to get one either new or used. There are thousands of these engines made.

Before making one, I would think about drilling out the oval hole and sleeving it. Depends on your location of course as to what resources are nearby.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 23:00   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Compass 790 , 7.9 metres or 26 ft

I think Wotname has given you the best suggestion. If you in the USA I've found Toad marine supply to be quite helpful for Yanmar parts but being a Yanmar the price will be a shock.
Compass790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 00:37   #4

FWIW, these guys will be able to supply new / used 1GM10 parts (along with just about every other Yanmar engine) and they ship world wide.

Minards Diesel

No alliance with the company, just a long term satisfied customer.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-05-2017, 02:24   #5

Boat: sold Now motor cruiser

No they can't ship Yanmar parts world wide. Dealer ship restrictions!! Reform with plastic metal? The oval should not be a problem if tight.

Regards
bill good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 03:12   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill good View Post
No they can't ship Yanmar parts world wide. Dealer ship restrictions!! Reform with plastic metal? The oval should not be a problem if tight.

Regards
Yes they can as they are not part of the official Yanmar dealership network. Might be described as grey importers but honestly I'm not sure how they do it but do it they do. Speaking from experience here

IME, there is not much they don't know about Yanmar engines, the full range, not just marine.
Old 18-05-2017, 03:51   #7

Boat: 1985 Beneteau First 305

Hi, I have a yanmar 1gm and have used TOAD before. But I really like having an informed person checking my order and making sure I'm getting what I actually need instead of ordering what I think I need. I've had good experience with Hatton Marine. They have even corrected a few part numbers I've gotten off TOAD and suggested whole units or parts of units when it made sense. I don't know where they are located cause they mail me all my parts.

Juice
907Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 05:54   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, jtp.

HATTON Engine & Generator Systems is a Seattle based company (Ballard).
4735 Shilshole Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107
P.O. BOX: 70548 Seattle, WA 98127
Phone: 206.283.5501
Fax: 206.283.5639
Contact – Hatton Marine

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 10:20   #9

Oh my. Thank you all for your quick responses to my post. I'm in the Chesapeake bay area. I believe the engine is 1996 1GM10.
As suggested I did round them out and put sleeves but they have loosened to the point that I need a replacement.
I did look on a few of the mentioned sites and was not able to find a good PN or the number/part were discontinued. Hence why I turned to the forum.
Again Thank You all for these great and helpful posts.
jtp7571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 13:22   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG

If you can't find a part, take to a machine shop. They can drill the hole oversize to match a pipe size that has the same internal size to fit your bolt. They weld in a short piece of pipe and you are good as new. Done it myself.
Lepke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 16:31   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp7571 View Post
Oh my. Thank you all for your quick responses to my post. I'm in the Chesapeake bay area. I believe the engine is 1996 1GM10.
As suggested I did round them out and put sleeves but they have loosened to the point that I need a replacement.
I did look on a few of the mentioned sites and was not able to find a good PN or the number/part were discontinued. Hence why I turned to the forum.
Again Thank You all for these great and helpful posts.
I don't know what customer service is like in the USA but I guess it varies from place to place .

I would try sending "them" an email along with a photo of the part you want. If you don't get a response then try further afield like Minnards etc. They are used to getting orders and sending stuff to remote areas, islands and so on.

Post a photo on CF and there is a fair chance somewhere will be able to supply a part number or even have one sitting in their shed / bilge / locker.

Try ebay as well.

Tags
1gm10, yanmar