Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2022, 08:59   #16

Re: Engine Help please

How much more could it have been to put in new engines? Seems that might have been an option to consider with time constraints.
captainmarknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 11:43   #17

Boat: Electra/Ariel/Triton

I think he hooked you when he told you he could complete all that work in six weeks. Two engine removals, two engine overhauls, ( where the engines sat at a machine shop for more than six weeks waiting for the shop to get to your engines) two installs and testing in six weeks.... That is unbelievable, especially at that time of year. I have been waiting six weeks for a replacement air compressor on a Caterpillar engine and it is still not available. I waited 10 weeks for an overhaul exchange engine and another month for the installation during the same time period. Mechanics like the job they work on for a day or two and collect a payment two or three times every week. Your type of job is a long term project, that in my experience just gets put off till the quick short jobs get finished. It's very misfortunate that it is this way things have become.Good Luck, hope I'm wrong .
Carl-T705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 20:01   #18

You need to give him a deadline tell him the boat has to be done , picked up by whatever the day you give him , give him like two days and then go back Pick it up, find somebody else to do it
Baby tug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 21:19   #19

Boat: Cruising Catamaran

Do you have a fixed price contract or it is open ended. If fixed price offer to pay a bonus for completion by a set time - say $1000 cash in the hand. Every day it sits in the yard no doubt costs money, your insurance renewal will be up soon, etc etc etc, time is money, don't get emotional about it, just pay and be done with it as a life lesson.
Tin Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 23:59   #20

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrydolphin View Post
3 months after the job was done the boat was a total loss from a hurricane! Oh well.
Oh lordy
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:35   #21

I would need more details , sitting on the hard in the water, I been in businesses my entire life this would’ve not gone past three months if it was my boat ,There would have to been a very good reason , He told you six weeks because he wanted your down payment he probably needed the money you are being played , With more details I could tell you exactly what to do , it might depend whether the boat is Coast Gaurd registered state registered in the water out of the water, Go get your boat and sue him
Baby tug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, lease