Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 19:10   #31

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
MonoAMono

MonoAutaPeea

MonoAmore'

Glad they are ok!

MonoCat?????
Old 15-09-2010, 12:39   #32
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Can't Keep a Good Cat Down!

From today's 'Lectronic Latitude, comes word that the PDQ32 featured in this thread has been resurrected:

"Catalyst Cat Lives On

"September 15, 2010 – San Francisco Bay

"After surviving her traumatic ordeal in the frigid waters off Fort Bragg, owner Kristy Lugert assumed her newly-purchased dream boat was a total loss, and that she'd never see it again. But by sheer luck, the overturned hull turned up in a North Coast 'doghole' a few days later near the Mendocino County town of Albion."

To read the rest of the story, go to:

Latitude 38 - 'Lectronic Latitude

TaoJones
Old 15-09-2010, 13:48   #33

Boat: 22' Avalon Pontoon - The WINE BARge
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwsteel View Post
MonoAMono
Sounds like a good Cat name.
Old 15-09-2010, 14:55   #34

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
From today's 'Lectronic Latitude, comes word that the PDQ32 featured in this thread has been resurrected:

"Catalyst Cat Lives On

TaoJones
So is it now established cats actually NEED 9 lives??

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
Old 16-09-2010, 11:17   #35
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
No, only one (afterall, she didn't sink). I think it is to the credit of multihullers on this site that they are refusing to take the bait by posting inflammatory comments about monohulls in response to inflammatory comments about multihulls. Lets face it, this entire thread was intended as a provocation: it was started in the multihull section by a monohuller, with a title that is not only factually inaccurate (Brand New Cat...), but was clearly intended to inflame rather than elucidate (Great Stability, Though Upside Down).

Well done, folks! Now perhaps we can put this thread (and the 'title') to bed!

Brad
Old 16-09-2010, 11:32   #36

Multihull people are the only sailors I meet obsessed with the multi vs. mono argument. It's like steel boat people. Yes, yes, I know you can survive hitting an iceberg better than me, and thanks again for letting me know.
Old 16-09-2010, 11:57   #37
CF Adviser

You're right reberl heart, a multihuller started this particular thread and we are obsessive.

Cheers mate!

Brad
Old 16-09-2010, 12:00   #38
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
Multihull people are the only sailors I meet obsessed with the multi vs. mono argument. It's like steel boat people. Yes, yes, I know you can survive hitting an iceberg better than me, and thanks again for letting me know.
First, here in Florida you can fry eggs on a steel hull boat in the summer.... and there aren't too many icebergs in these parts.

As to your comment on us being 'obsessed'. I don't think you're looking at the issue objectively. As Brad points out, you never see any of us starting trouble in a monohull thread.

The only time trouble begins is when someone comes here and starts in on us.

Frankly I'm tired of it and it's the sole reason why I've reduced my posts on the Cruiser's Forum. Moderators are of small assistance is this regard as some of them join in the 'fun'.

If a guy doesn't want a catamaran, or a Tri .. for Pete's Sake, no one says he has to buy one.

End of story.
Old 16-09-2010, 12:11   #39
CF Adviser

Tropic Cat, I think your comment about the moderators (and this site) are a little unfair. Firstly, the moderators have been attempting to bring in 'cat people' as moderators and advisers. Secondly, and perhaps because of the foregoing, there has been a lot less baiting from both sides of this (non?) debate in the recent past.

It was for this very reason that I was pointing out the rather inflammatory title to this thread (and the potential inflammatory nature of the comment about cats needing nine lives). I (and I gather we) don't want to go down that road again.

Brad
Old 16-09-2010, 12:21   #40
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Brad has stated it perfectly, as he typically does. I thought that by posting the updated information that the vessel had not only survived the ordeal but will be refurbished and provide more great days of sailing for someone would result in members toasting the sturdiness of the PDQ32 and the tenacity of a few determined individuals.

That it has not been greeted that way is disappointing to me, and I'm loathe to see the resurrection of this thread turn into another silly argument centered on multi vs. mono. That said, thread closed.
Closed Thread