Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2018, 06:08   #2476

Boat: Shopping for a 30-ish cat
Re: Cheap Multis and Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
The price on that Contour 30 Mk II has come way down. Needs some work but does not seem like much, and lots of new tech included. Wish I was actively shopping right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Contour-30-...oAAOSwtItbYJ8G

https://maine.craigslist.org/boa/d/c...711869437.html
I've been watching this one. When it was first advertised it was in New Brunswick, Canada. Not sure why the registration on the hull is from Connecticut, could be an old photo or it was never imported into Canada?
prof_mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 06:14   #2477

If I remember correctly, those in the US and interested in this boat may have a challenge with this deal. Boats can come across the border without too much trouble, but registering the trailer might be impossible. Due diligence is advisable!
Howaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 06:16   #2478

Boat: Shopping for a 30-ish cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howaya View Post
If I remember correctly, those in the US and interested in this boat may have a challenge with this deal. Boats can come across the border without too much trouble, but registering the trailer might be impossible. Due diligence is advisable!
Yes, that is my experience as well.
prof_mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 20:53   #2479

Boat: Still building

Wow. That's cheap. A ply/epoxy Farrier TT720 sold here for AUS$13K after two days on the market. I counted them.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 21:13   #2480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Wow. That's cheap. A ply/epoxy Farrier TT720 sold here for AUS$13K after two days on the market. I counted them.
This one is cheaper still and has been on the market for months.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/walp...lor/1119797229
Redreuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 21:30   #2481

Boat: Still building

Yeah, but if you look at the stats, that ad was last updated in September 2016 - sold long ago but ad not taken down.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 12:16   #2482

Boat: Dolphin 17C, planning stage for Marples DC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_mariner View Post
I've been watching this one. When it was first advertised it was in New Brunswick, Canada. Not sure why the registration on the hull is from Connecticut, could be an old photo or it was never imported into Canada?
Quote:
The eBay ad says "Register in the US, trailer and boat". Means registered?

I looked back through the ebay history. Seller has been dropping price $2k every couple of weeks, then this time dropped $5k .. because of season no doubt.

What is it worth just for parts and accessories?
Skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 20:44   #2483
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBsail View Post
Sold in 21 Hours
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 00:41   #2484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Sold in 21 Hours
f*cking hell...would've bought it in 5 minutes if I had seen it...where was it located???
multi-hulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 21:27   #2485

Somebody beat me to it...looks like they got a great deal...

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/199...g#.W8VofRNKjUI
Old 16-10-2018, 06:19   #2486

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

That Edel is like a "red-headed step child" because you have to love the design. It's a partial open bridgedeck with a pod that is not connected to the hulls. You have to go outside to go inside. Visualize this in stormy weather. It's not for me but if you are good with it then enjoy.
Old 16-10-2018, 15:56   #2487

Actually, the Edel has some great virtues. I built a 30' facsimile and found the trench between the main cabin and the hulls, on either side, made for great security when going forward to perform sail changes at the mast in even the nastiest of weather. Having total separation of the hulls also afforded a greater sense of privacy, as well. The cockpit/helm positions on my boat had no blind spots. Finally, the configuration lends itself to a lighter build, leading to slightly better performance.
Howaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 16:04   #2488
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Actually, the Edel has some great virtues. I built a 30' facsimile and found the trench between the main cabin and the hulls, on either side, made for great security when going forward to perform sail changes at the mast in even the nastiest of weather. Having total separation of the hulls also afforded a greater sense of privacy, as well. The cockpit/helm positions on my boat had no blind spots. Finally, the configuration lends itself to a lighter build, leading to slightly better performance.

Having owned an Edel 43 I agree with what you say. Also the Edel is based on 3 large aluminum beams holding the hulls together. This allows the hulls to move independently and makes for a great motion through the seas. Though the Edel 43 offers 4 queen sized bunks and a salon that could easily seat 8 it probably wouldn’t be the choice for the majority of the buyers in the catamaran market today.
smj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 21:28   #2489

well, I have no problems with the 3 separate quarters...esp. for sub & tropical living...might not be ideal for the PNW...actually, I would be pretty happy with the open bridgedeck version too...

I have the Edel 35 and having the 43 with a real bridgedeck cabin would be nice...funny, I can't find any sailing videos of the 43...many of the 35, I guess since there are more 35's that might explain that...SMJ has stated it's a pretty good sailing boat...would you say it's as spirited as the 35? Just curious...cheers!
Old 17-10-2018, 07:41   #2490

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Multi-hulls, are you in the PNW?
That E43 was possibly a good value. There is one on YW but it's set up more for day charters. The price is now at $115,000 and it keeps dropping.
There's a similar design for sale up here. It's 56' and the price is dropping on that one too.
Today I'll be going out in My friends Mac26M but unfortunately the winds are supposed to be light so we might just motor. He is just done with chemo so a day on the water is a good day. We will head over to the Rock the Dock grill in Tacoma for lunch. They are on the dock (well duh) and it's free to tie up. That 56' is just past there so I have seen it from 10' feet away. It's "interesting".
Last weekend I got a tour of a Maine Cat 38. It was the actual boat for the catamaran Boat of the Year award this year. Very cool. Didn't get to sail though.

Cheers yall

Tags
cheap, paracelle