Cruisers Forum
 


Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 28-02-2014, 20:36   #346
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe
 
Wotname's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South of 43 S, Australia
Boat: C.L.O.D.
Posts: 12,988
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
there is a capt phil in cf who isnt boatman... and he has also a lot of speriences....
__________________
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline  
Old 28-02-2014, 22:23   #347
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Ludlow Wa
Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Posts: 2,051
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Got my work done. Is Boatman there yet? An exciting day scrubbing. Kinda silly in this month of year up here but Boatman inspired me.
And no Z the tablet stayed home and I really did work.
IdoraKeeper is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 05:19   #348
Registered User
 
Brilliant Sea's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conifer, CO
Boat: Islander 32 MII "Brilliant Sea"
Posts: 144
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
boaty will part the ....oops......wrong book....
geaux boaty...lol
You said it Z.......cept he is partin the wee wind as if he was a visionary of Aeolus.

Boatman; I ask of thee to make landfall in the port of delivery, with no provisions left available on board and just enough petrol to make it safe at destination harbor. .

Please ask for approval to the gods that you will part the****'s as we speak!(*) and we all have the crazy intranet with the coolest wind models that can be seen without living five miles below Norad.

Dare not have the temptation of that beautiful wench in Funchal and have steady control of your crew and vessel to stay just south of the Azores Islands.

Hey Boatman, if you feel I am worthy I just have to drink up with you and listen to you. You're a legend here.

To Legends!
Markus
__________________
Everything is as simple as it is, but never is it simpler-Albert Einstein
This is the handle, this is the tip and this is the shaft.
I try to get a handle on the tip but I usually get the shaft. (Explaining a ski pole)
Brilliant Sea is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 05:28   #349
Nearly an old salt
 
goboatingnow's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lefkas Marina ,Greece
Boat: Bavaria 36
Posts: 16,771
Images: 3
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdrskr View Post
You said it Z.......cept he is partin the wee wind as if he was a visionary of Aeolus.



Boatman; I ask of thee to make landfall in the port of delivery, with no provisions left available on board and just enough petrol to make it safe at destination harbor. .



Please ask for approval to the gods that you will part the****'s as we speak!(*) and we all have the crazy intranet with the coolest wind models that can be seen without living five miles below Norad.



Dare not have the temptation of that beautiful wench in Funchal and have steady control of your crew and vessel to stay just south of the Azores Islands.



Hey Boatman, if you feel I am worthy I just have to drink up with you and listen to you. You're a legend here.



To Legends!

Markus

I mean yes he's an nice guy and all, but he's just crossing the altantic, us boys from Northern Europe have to sail in this type of crap in the middle of summer. I mean we had a 25 metre wave recorded last week at the offshore gas platform south of Cork.

He'll chug along and be fine. He's playing it safe

Dave


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Interested in smart boat technology, networking and all things tech
goboatingnow is online now  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:21   #350
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cruising the Gulf of Mexico.
Boat: 1980 Morgan 415
Posts: 1,452
Re: Atlantic Delivery

A nice guy and a pro? I don't think they allow that in the union.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Working on spending my children's inheritance.
Cap Erict3 is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:46   #351
Registered User
 
Blue Crab's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hurricane Highway
Boat: O'Day 28
Posts: 3,916
pirate Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
I mean yes he's an nice guy and all, but he's just crossing the altantic, us boys from Northern Europe have to sail in this type of crap in the middle of summer. I mean we had a 25 metre wave recorded last week at the offshore gas platform south of Cork ... Dave

Big deal. It's been windy here, and the creaky squeaky squashy SOUNDS coming from the fenders against the hull is agonizing ... agonizing I say.

Dang! Trying to drink a coffee here!
Blue Crab is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 07:59   #352
Moderator Emeritus
 
HappyMdRSailor's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl
Posts: 5,975
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Big deal. It's been windy here, and the creaky squeaky squashy SOUNDS coming from the fenders against the hull is agonizing ... agonizing I say.

Dang! Trying to drink a coffee here!

Put your flare gun down Crabby!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keep calm crab on.png
Views:	96
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	76965  
__________________
In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:03   #353
cruiser

Join Date: May 2010
Location: SF Bay Area; Former Annapolis and MA Liveaboard.
Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Posts: 6,197
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Get a bigger boat!
SaltyMonkey is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 08:06   #354
Registered User
 
dpddj's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Maine, USA
Boat: Monk 36
Posts: 267
Re: Atlantic Delivery

How about this Capt. Phil? Richard Phillips (merchant mariner) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
dpddj is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 09:48   #355
Registered User
 
Blue Crab's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hurricane Highway
Boat: O'Day 28
Posts: 3,916
pirate Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Get a bigger boat!
Getting my butt off the dock might do it too. Then I'd have to find something else to crab about.

I tip my sailor hat to Boaty (but not for long cuz it's sunny yet cold out, plus the glare ... ). And I'm eating oysters this afternoon and ya know what that means.

This life on the rolling sea is tougher than it appears.
Blue Crab is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 10:53   #356
Registered User
 
Brilliant Sea's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conifer, CO
Boat: Islander 32 MII "Brilliant Sea"
Posts: 144
Re: Atlantic Delivery

"I mean we had a 25 metre wave recorded last week at the offshore gas platform south of Cork."

Betcha nobody was on a boat in those seas....

I was a good buzz on rum when I wrote that jargon above, drinkin to Boatman. Atlantic crossing and all he has been perfect on the edge of the favorable winds.
__________________
Everything is as simple as it is, but never is it simpler-Albert Einstein
This is the handle, this is the tip and this is the shaft.
I try to get a handle on the tip but I usually get the shaft. (Explaining a ski pole)
Brilliant Sea is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:29   #357
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 10,560
Images: 75
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdrskr View Post
"I mean we had a 25 metre wave recorded last week at the offshore gas platform south of Cork."

Betcha nobody was on a boat in those seas....

I was a good buzz on rum when I wrote that jargon above, drinkin to Boatman. Atlantic crossing and all he has been perfect on the edge of the favorable winds.
my friend alex has been in the rum bussiness for years..........phil will end up like this one of these days.............

a recent video after his last circumnavigation

alex klaar on Vimeo
atoll is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:45   #358
cruiser

Join Date: May 2010
Location: SF Bay Area; Former Annapolis and MA Liveaboard.
Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Posts: 6,197
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
my friend alex has been in the rum bussiness for years..........phil will end up like this one of these days.............

a recent video after his last circumnavigation

alex klaar on Vimeo
Ok, Alex, the first thing you do with your capitalist materialist hoarding (and possibly the hypocrisy in your subconsciousness about 'being free and away from it') is get a dumpster, the biggest green dumpster you can afford, and take all that **** and dump it, chuck it. Including the woman cooking fried ****.

Get yourself a zafu. Stick it in the middle of your boat. Sit. Just sit for a while. OK

Then set forth sailing again. Empty mind. Only then will you attain enlightenment.

SaltyMonkey is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52   #359
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 108
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Ok, Alex, the first thing you do with your capitalist materialist hoarding (and possibly the hypocrisy in your subconsciousness about 'being free and away from it') is get a dumpster, the biggest green dumpster you can afford, and take all that **** and dump it, chuck it. Including the woman cooking fried ****.

Get yourself a zafu. Stick it in the middle of your boat. Sit. Just sit for a while. OK

Then set forth sailing again. Empty mind. Only then will you attain enlightenment.

wow. really !
Jimmy Jazz is offline  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52   #360
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 10,560
Images: 75
Re: Atlantic Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Ok, Alex, the first thing you do with your capitalist materialist hoarding (and possibly the hypocrisy in your subconsciousness about 'being free and away from it') is get a dumpster, the biggest green dumpster you can afford, and take all that **** and dump it, chuck it. Including the woman cooking fried ****.

Get yourself a zafu. Stick it in the middle of your boat. Sit. Just sit for a while. OK

Then set forth sailing again. Empty mind. Only then will you attain enlightenment.

phil will be there soon once he empties his mind,was thinking to get alex to design the interiour of my catamaran? ideas
alex klaar on Vimeo
atoll is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
delivery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a Buddy Boat - Block Island to Norfolk or Atlantic City Weehappy Atlantic & the Caribbean 16 10-10-2016 17:07
Atlantic 48 vs Switch 51 Catastroff Multihull Sailboats 33 25-04-2013 12:38
For Sale: Atlantic 44 in Greece ionionsails Classifieds Archive 0 11-02-2013 14:15
Quick Release Dinghy for MOB shorebird General Sailing Forum 13 26-01-2012 08:00
Crew Wanted: Delivery Required - Phuket to Brisbane Donkey Crew Archives 4 25-11-2011 20:09

Advertise Here


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:47.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.