Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2021, 06:42   #1
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: C&C 33 MKII
Replacing Floor boards in the Salon

I am looking at a C&C 33-2, Besides some minor issues, the boat looks very good. The boat has been on the hard for 2 years, there has been some water damage down the mast that has pretty much ruined the Salon floor boards where I would have to replace them.

The other issue that may come up is the mast step from the minor water damage but I will cross that bridge later.

To completely replace the floor boards, does anyone have any advice for materials? Replace with Teak, Holly? are there any recommendations on synthetic materials for this project?

What should I be looking out for when I replace the floor boards, any hidden issues that someone has seen for this type of project?

I am very handy, and have done a lot of work on other boats I have owned, just have never done this project. In reality it would just be the flooring around the mast, but I figure might as well do the whole salon while I am at it.

Thank you for your help, guidance and comments.
Hamish_ct is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
salon