Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2016, 15:58   #16

Boat: Fusion 40
Re: An old debate with a new detailed scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead1010 View Post
Dear all,
Ive newly come to the boater world and was thinking about a power boat or a sailboat. I did a lot of research online and people answered the decision really depends on how you want to use the boat. So I figure if I provide my detail scenario here, people can help me better.

Thank you everyone, and Im actually very excited to get my first boat in life!
I have pondered the same quandary myself. sailing is hard work and getting on a bit I'm thinking I could buy a power boat whcih would mean I could go boating with just the turn of a key.

However my sailing cat is laid up at the moment waiting new sails. I took her out a couple of weeks ago and motored into the wind and came back under spinnaker. Gloruis day just using the wind to get along with the wake bubbling behind and the waves sweeping under the boat.

When I think about taking her out without sails she is effectively a motor boat. I find the lack of sails dampens my enthusiasm and I really can't be bothered.

So the point of this is that in boating its more the journey rather than the destination. Sailing is magical and uplifting whether it be a quiet sail across the bay or the challenge of raging weather.

regards
Scrubby
jacktheflyer is offline   Reply With Quote