Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2013, 13:20   #27

Re: 37' Atkins Ingrid Ketch

Hi. I am also looking at Solveig as a potential move up in for additional crew space. I am currently on a 30 ft wooden double end cutter. I am in vancouver and have been on the boat and will be again visiting the boat tomorrow to ins9ect decks and climb masts etc.
This boat deserves a loving owner interested in preservation. In my opinion, the best way to preserve a boat is to sail it and fix anythong immediately.
Perhaps you'd be interested in splittling on the survey cost. One of us may find the boat useable for our purposes. As for wood. I find the work enjoyable and your boat tends to be a good business card when looking for work on other boats. Time off from sailing the boat can serve two functions. Time to earn more cruising kitty and time to work on your own boat. If you live aboard and work in an office, than you fimd you have little time t0left for your own boat after prep and take down consumes much of it.
Being new to sailing, I am happy to invite you out for a sail on my current boat anytime. I tend to find wooden boat owners to be of similar disposition.
Feel free to pm mee
daveyjustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ketch