Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2018, 16:30   #46

Boat: Lagoon 420 42 feet
Re: Nov - May Female Crew Key West to Belize to Bahamas

i certainly get the sailing only with female crew but my stuff is always in tip top shape. i have been called by fastidious by my friends who cant afford to do that. hahahaha
Old 23-07-2018, 19:52   #47
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Funny bit from Michelle Wolf

https://youtu.be/ELK9l3FDZkI#t=11m20s

Go to 11:20
Old 23-07-2018, 21:52   #48

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44 Ofshore

Nothing wrong with advertising for a boat bunny as long as there is no deception involved.
Old 25-07-2018, 13:16   #49
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Excellent longread piece on sex positivity

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml...itivity-gender
Old 27-07-2018, 08:34   #50

Boat: Kells 28

As a female sailor close in age to you, JohnnyH, I would think there are a lot of women who would jump at the chance.
My ex and I owned a cruising catamaran for many years and sailed up and down the east coast from Maine to the Keys and BVI. It is an awesome lifestyle. I have owned two sailboats since being on my own; unfortunately the last one was lost in a storm - she broke from her mooring and the hull breached on the rocks... very sad.
I agree with others that you might want to point out the fact that conditions can and often do change while you're out on the water, and it is not all sweet sunshine and starry nights... but if I did not have one more child to get through college, I'd be signing up right now! See you in three years???
Old 27-07-2018, 09:01   #51

Boat: Lagoon 420 42 feet

hi matsu and thanks. sorry to hear about losing your last boat but i hope that the insurance check put a smile on your face. other than sailing the boat down there once it is there i cruise during the day and if there is any chance of high winds or inclement weather i stay put for the next weather window. perhaps you and i can do this in three years once your child has finished up with college
Old 27-07-2018, 09:26   #52

From a female's perspective (or at least mine), the way you're trying to "sell" this image of luxury and adventure to bikini wearing women is a bit off-putting. If that entire first paragraph was removed, maybe it would be a little more understandable. Although, you've made it pretty clear what you're looking for so I can't imagine any woman being so naive as to not know what you're expecting. Is it a bit creepy? Yeah, it kinda is. But, I'm not your demographic, and there are no doubt women who are fine with this kind of "trade." At least you didn't give an age requirement haha
Old 27-07-2018, 10:00   #53

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Imagine wearing a bikini while cruising on a comfortable sail boat and listening to water splash across the hulls and sounds of trade winds on the sails while underway and it is another cold, dark, and snowy winter day back home.
I just imagined myself in a bikini cruising west on a comfortable boat... no fun

And how do I explain this to my wife? Sorry honey, when I woke up after that party I had a bikini on and land was already out of sight. Be back in two months!

Next time I'll read the thread title first...
Old 27-07-2018, 10:40   #54

Send a message via Skype™ to ahesselrode

I am interested. i have a page on findacrew which may be expired since i have not signed in for a long time. I would need to know a lot more about you. you would need to know a lot more about me. You could look at my public page on facebook alice hesselrode.
I have done some sailing through not real recently. 2017 was in Bahamas on motor vessel. 2014 Australia for a month on motor sailor. 2013 sea of Cortez on a Southern Cross, then to Panama, San Blas on small cat. From 2010 to 12 in Fiji, Savusavu. Two years on a 37 foot Crealock but we did not do a lot of sailing. I am 7 years older than you.
Sounds like you have places to go so will be doing some sailing.
Old 27-07-2018, 12:07   #55

My 'friend' is interested.

She is closer to 70-years old than she would like to admit.

She is sturdy. Clydesdale sturdy.

She can weld, she can re-wire an alternator. She can wrestle an anchor until the poor thing taps out.

Her idea of food constitutes haggis with sheep eyeballs as garnish.

Bikini? No need. It's all or nuttin for our gal.

And she likes to cuddle. Do you mind snoring?
Old 28-07-2018, 03:24   #56
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

This is a test...? Isn't it Marge?.... [emoji4]
Old 28-07-2018, 16:11   #57

Boat: 1976 Vaughn Mason 48ft Cutter/ Ketch

Try findacrew.net, crewseekers.net, crewunlimited.com perhaps.
Old 29-07-2018, 03:50   #58

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Thank you everyone!

My tuppenceworth: a) try getting that supermarket job or b) try a dedicated dating site. Someone looking for a date may not mind going sailing, more so than vice vesa.

To appease the skeptics though, do please re post with numbers of genuinely interested parties. Maybe we can all learn from you OP.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:53   #59

Boat: Contessa 26

Why is everyone being so hard on this poor guy? As a 50 year old female singlehander I’d like to take this opportunity to formally declare that any reasonably good-looking male who wants to lounge on the foredeck in a bathing suit while I sail my boat is more than welcome to apply! All expenses paid and you won’t have to cook, clean, or even help me dock the boat. In my experience men aren’t all that good at multitasking so I’d rather just give you one important job to concentrate on :-)
Old 09-08-2018, 09:49   #60

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44 Ofshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contessagirl View Post
Why is everyone being so hard on this poor guy? As a 50 year old female singlehander I’d like to take this opportunity to formally declare that any reasonably good-looking male who wants to lounge on the foredeck in a bathing suit while I sail my boat is more than welcome to apply! All expenses paid and you won’t have to cook, clean, or even help me dock the boat. In my experience men aren’t all that good at multitasking so I’d rather just give you one important job to concentrate on :-)

Bring me a cold beer about every half hour, and a sammitch whenever I am hungry, and you got a deal! Uh, no mayonnaise, please.
Closed Thread

Tags
Bahamas, Belize, crew, key west