Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2014, 12:28   #166

Re: I told everyone to avoid MEXICO. Here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Total Complete 100% FALSE. There is NO restriciton that you can not leave your boat in Mexico and make a trip out of the country. Hundreds of cruisers do it every season.
Thank you.

MexOnline.com - Taking Your Boat To Mexico - Official Government Information

I remain amazed that simple internet searches aren't used more often before folks post "information"...
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:38   #167
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
I just observe that not a shred of evidence is given by either side.
Until I see evidence that you have stopped beating your wife, I won't believe you either. If you don't want to believe people who have been be Mexico, are in Mexico, or are doing business daily in Mexico, then I don't know what to tell you. The TIP allows you to leave your boat in Mexico while you travel back to the States or to an insane asylum, which could be needed after reading some of the threads about Mexico.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 13:14   #168
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
Thank you.

MexOnline.com - Taking Your Boat To Mexico - Official Government Information

I remain amazed that simple internet searches aren't used more often before folks post "information"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Until I see evidence that you have stopped beating your wife, I won't believe you either. If you don't want to believe people who have been be Mexico, are in Mexico, or are doing business daily in Mexico, then I don't know what to tell you. The TIP allows you to leave your boat in Mexico while you travel back to the States or to an insane asylum, which could be needed after reading some of the threads about Mexico.
3rd Day, I proppose you first read the document listed above and then remind us of how these laws are not written down anywhere.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 13:20   #169
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
3rd Day, I proppose you first read the document listed above and then remind us of how these laws are not written down anywhere.

Who ever said they were not written down...not me.
Maybe the sarcasm was missed? I was responding to those saying they wouldn’t believe it you couldn't leave your boat in Mexico (ahem...s/v Jedi) because no “solid evidence” was presented...so maybe you took my comment wrong.

I have a copy with my TIP with the Hologram sticker on the window where it belongs.
Old 12-01-2014, 18:03   #170

Boat: Cornado 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
we are VISITORS in a nation based on a napoleonic law standard.
usa is not that way.
life here is different and folks do business with RESPECT not force.
RESPECT is IN PERSON dressed appropriately and IN SPANISH.
those who disagree need cruise elsewhere and keep a lot lower profile.
it is only respectful to do business in a nation not your own by remaining within the nations customs and culture.
learn the language of the nation you visit..all business and legal activities are done in that country´s national language.
Now that the storm has abated, I have to second ZeeHag's above comment.

While we have (temporarily) returned to the US, 30 years of cruising the Caribbean, Central America, and the Western Pacific has more than once made us embarrassed to be flying the Stars and Stripes or handing over a US passport. The term "ugly american" is not without basis in a lot of situations we have observed. Interaction in a "foreign" culture can be tricky, and many North Americans have as much tact as a 12 pound hammer. Entitled and protected is the general North American attitude in many situations. When dealing with a culture that has not much in the way of material assets, pride ranks really high on their list.

Not carrying local currency? Most people will gladly take US dollars, but if you hand a vendor a twenty for a twenty peso purchase, now you have embarrassed him because he does not have the wherewithal to make change. (Carry singles)

You track down the local aduanero to check in. Arrive at his non air conditioned office where he is wearing a uniform with buttoned collar, tie and hard shoes. You on the other hand are wearing flops, cutoffs and a tee-shirt. Then you expect him to interact with you in English. And you are surprised he seems to have a little attitude? (Wear your best clothes, and some closed toe shoes. Your Spanish, or Tagalog or whatever can be terrible but they will respect you for trying.)

And so on and so on.

Dorthy.... you ain't in Kansas anymore. If you are not willing to compromise, why should they? If you don't like it, stay home and quit embarrassing the rest of us.
capt-couillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 19:58   #171

Boat: 55' Romsdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Visit Iraq, Pakistan, India, Tibet, Bangladesh, Burma, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Timor,,, I won't even start on S America and Africa... in fact +60% of the worlds countries.. then see who's behind the corruption and exploitation...
Wow.. I don't believe it... its big Western Corporations...
By the way.. all of the above are awesomely beautiful countries with lovely people.. once you cut through the morass of officialdom..
Wow, who knew? Corruption in Iran is due to "big Western Corporations." I know they kidnapped the Lindberg baby, but I had no idea......
Old 14-01-2014, 08:45   #172

i have had two boats in Loreto mexico for years and have no problems with any authorities. we do our paperwork and there is nothing but co-operation from the Mexican authorities.
for those that willingly try to bypass the regulations they will get what they deserve - difficulties brought on by themselves. all boaters know the regulations before leaving the U.S. or Canada - some just choose to not follow their rules and laws. Get over it!
kent williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 08:59   #173

Americans are our best friends but I've often heard them described as "the worlds greatest hosts and the worst guests"
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 09:15   #174

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent williams View Post
i have had two boats in Loreto mexico for years and have no problems with any authorities. we do our paperwork and there is nothing but co-operation from the Mexican authorities.
for those that willingly try to bypass the regulations they will get what they deserve - difficulties brought on by themselves. all boaters know the regulations before leaving the U.S. or Canada - some just choose to not follow their rules and laws. Get over it!
Obviously you've read nothing but one headline.
Old 14-01-2014, 09:20   #175
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: I told everyone to avoid MEXICO. Here we go...

Originally Posted by boatman61
Visit Iraq, Pakistan, India, Tibet, Bangladesh, Burma, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Timor,,, I won't even start on S America and Africa... in fact +60% of the worlds countries.. then see who's behind the corruption and exploitation...
By the way.. all of the above are awesomely beautiful countries with lovely people.. once you cut through the morass of officialdom..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Wow, who knew? Corruption in Iran is due to "big Western Corporations." I know they kidnapped the Lindberg baby, but I had no idea......
A classic case of US 'Hooverism'... see what you want to see and make your own mis-interpretations...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 09:31   #176
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, kent williams.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 15:36   #177

Boat: 55' Romsdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Originally Posted by boatman61

A classic case of US 'Hooverism'... see what you want to see and make your own mis-interpretations...
Actually a classic case of a typo. Anyone who believes that Iraq's corruption is due to Western Corporations has a rather fantastical view of reality. The whole meme that all corruption in places like Africa or Burma is due to nasty western corporations is tedious nonsense, but generally sells well to the permanently aggrieved.
Old 14-01-2014, 15:49   #178
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: I told everyone to avoid MEXICO. Here we go...

Quote:
Actually a classic case of a typo. Anyone who believes that Iraq's corruption is due to Western Corporations has a rather fantastical view of reality. The whole meme that all corruption in places like Africa or Burma is due to nasty western corporations is tedious nonsense, but generally sells well to the permanently aggrieved.
Yeah... okay.. whatever..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 15:53   #179

Quote:
Actually a classic case of a typo. Anyone who believes that Iraq's corruption is due to Western Corporations has a rather fantastical view of reality.
Delfin has a point. Iraq's problems are due in large part to a western country or two, not western corporations.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 15:57   #180
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

So we drift from the situation in Mexico to the problems in Iraq being blamed on Canada...I tell you folks...the credibility and usefullness of CF sure gets called into question with this type of thread drift.

Tags
Mexico, mexico