Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2023, 07:17   #1

Beautiful boats and compliments..

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, I mean, beholder. Usually you can't quantify 'pretty' but I'm sure that you can count the number of compliments received by certain boats. In your marina, there's probably a pretty boat, two if you include your own, but specifically there's likely a boat that has people always stopping by to tell the owner how pretty it is.

I have one of those boats. There's nothing particularly outstanding about my boat, it's old, worn and the teak needs more attention than I've given it in a few years, but my little Contessa 26 continually receives comments from the dockside, both yachties and otherwise. On the weekend, I was out for a sail and another sailboat intentionally steered down to meet me, just to shout over a compliment and his admiration. It was a small thing, but I love having a pretty boat.

Now, I've been in the market for a larger, blue water cruiser for a long while now, searching primarily on utility and function but I realize that I'll miss the aesthetic appeal and resulting compliments of having a special boat... So here's my question, what is the blue water cruising boat, 40-44' (ish), that you think garners the most compliments? What's that one boat that you look at and think, "Wow, that's a pretty boat." I mean, an Ovni or an Island Packet probably gets the job done with utility to spare, but I'm betting a Hans Christian receives more compliments.

Anyone want to throw a boat into the ring?
JordanH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, men