Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37   #1

Boat: 1986 CS 30
Send a message via Yahoo to Hank Kivett
Advice

I come to all you old salts for advice and here is my problem or situation..I have a 30 foot CS30 and my goal is to take it south from NC to the keys in the fall of this year...yes at them moment it will be solo...my plans are to go down the ditch (subject to some modification if needed). At the moment I have figured the cost of such trip a $1.00 per mile based on fuel, food, and selected stop overs...Average fule cost is $4.25 per gal. (mine consumes 1/2 gal per hr @1500 rpm and using 10 hr day for cal that makes it 5 gal per day on a 20 day trip. 4 select stops for refulling and resupply @$45.00 per stop. Food cost is projected to be around $10.00 per day...and yes there is maint. ie., oil change filters have been accounted for. So u are asking what experience do u have ...actully not that much and as for going outside NONE...My boat does not have solar but it will have by depart date...Now i ask what am i missing...are my assumptions and cal's wrong..am i physically able to make it...I wll be 74...had two open hearts...3 stints and looking at possibile heart valve replacement in the futher but workout everyday....so there u be
Hank Kivett is offline   Reply With Quote