Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2024, 09:23   #1

Boat: Westerly Discuss
Advice on berths and anchorages north adriatic

Hi all,
first post on this forum. I sail in the Solent UK and have done probably 8 flotilla/bare boat holidays in Greece and Turkey however I now own a 10m sailboat near Trieste and know very little of the area. I'm interested in sailing around Triest, Slovenia and maybe the top end of Croatia but from what I've heard it can be very expensive with minimal free anchorages. That could be nonesense hence this post, my wife and I will travel out there begining of June to explore on the boat. Onboard I have lots of pilot guides etc. but nothing here with me so a few questions. Would you recommend Navionics or Navily specifically for mooring and relaxing information as opposed to sailing charts. Are you aware of any guides to free anchorages, cheaper marinas or do they have free/cheap town quays like in Greece, I don't mind paying but worried I'll tip up somewhere and end up paying 100 euro a night to anchor (exaggeration of course but you get my gist). Secondly part of the question is regarding moving between countries, do I need to check in and out when travelling between Itally, Slovenia, Croatia and back again as that could be very time consuming over a short trip of 12 days and I've never done that process before ? I have an Irish passport, my wife UK, the boat is registered in UK but lives in Italy for the past 10 years. All feedback and recomendations welcome. Gary
Old 08-05-2024, 10:28   #2

Boat: 52' Cheoy Lee Motorsailer
Re: Advice on berths and anchorages north adriatic

In the Med I find Navily invaluable. Some boat neighbours mentioned noforeignland is getting better too.

As far as checking in and out I have not found it difficult but does chew up time. With a short trip I think you are right to be factoring it in.

I'd be interested in others comments too.
nmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 11:17   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary howe View Post
Hi all,
and maybe the top end of Croatia but from what I've heard it can be very expensive with minimal free anchorages. Gary
who tell you this. National park is expensive. but in Croatia you have +- 15000 free anchorage cove,bay. Split,dubrovnik,hvar most expensive marina but have free anchorage for around 10000 boat and over 2000 maybe more superyacht 300 ft and up. town fishing village morings in trlativ cheap 20-50€ day but pay garbage,water,eletric if use extra.
this guide is old but buy something similar cove is not change

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Navigationa.../dp/9536036878

i sail on croatia last 40 year and i don't visit all island and bay.cove

tank of water ussualy in dalmatia-split county i pay by price list 3-5€
in hvar town is free of charge if have free spot to load(hard)
again buy
navigational guide adriatic coast and read. make plan. NP kornati is expensive entrance anchorage is free but i go in marina friday-sundey is cheaper.Marina is private property ,every marina have diferent price and service. for example in Milna brac have 3 diferent marina and state marina
town 35€ marina 1 45€ aci 120€ 2 kanarija marina 100€ ypu are free to pick. this is endless marina you walked from 1 to 2 to town to 3 outside free anchorage for yacht and superyacht over 600 ft
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2024, 10:49   #4

Boat: Westerly Discuss

Appreciate comments from "more" however so far had 2 quotes from Marinas for 1 nights berth for 10m sail boat 98 Euro and 80 Euro. Maybe that's what people expect but certainly not my experience of sailing over the past 12years and too rich for me. I'm sure we will find cheaper places but these are nowhere near what "more" described as the expensive areas i.e. nowheer near Split Dubrovnik or Hvar nor are they related to any national park. Personally I've never experienced Marinas this expensive and have no interest in spending that kind of money. Fingers crossed, any other comments recommendations are welcome but suspect I'll be moving to Greece after one season here, let's wait and see what the sailing is like...
Old 09-05-2024, 12:38   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary howe View Post
Appreciate comments from "more" however so far had 2 quotes from Marinas for 1 nights berth for 10m sail boat 98 Euro and 80 Euro. Maybe that's what people expect but certainly not my experience of sailing over the past 12years and too rich for me. I'm sure we will find cheaper places but these are nowhere near what "more" described as the expensive areas i.e. nowheer near Split Dubrovnik or Hvar nor are they related to any national park. Personally I've never experienced Marinas this expensive and have no interest in spending that kind of money. Fingers crossed, any other comments recommendations are welcome but suspect I'll be moving to Greece after one season here, let's wait and see what the sailing is like...
halo MArina = yacht who have yacht is rich person end story.
second marina 80€ night is peanuts for person who buy hoby new yacht for use 10-20 days yearly.
i pay in trieste parking 1 night 35€ f--- parking 35€ day

for bulid new small marina today you need minimum 50-100 milion € you must pay 10 year and more rent for sea before bulid documentation come
insurance is huge maybe 20% income.

and for you on this story if expensive you have anchor ,put anchor in see and swim(or tender) to land.
more is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adriatic, Advice, anchor, anchorages