Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2021, 12:20   #46

Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full View Post
Dear Abe,

People HAVE TO wear masks to protect OTHERS from getting Covid19!!! With all due respect, it has been more than a year since the pandemic started; you should have already learned this.

When you wear a mask, you DON'T protect yourself from catching Covid19. The people who wore masks ALSO died of Covid19, because the OTHER people around them DID NOT wear masks!!!

Respecfully,
Full.

https://youtu.be/KpXZkChOXwI
Well, this is brainwashed stupid. It doesn't matter if someone is wearing a mask or not. When you got it, you got it. No masks protects you really, if your own cannot protect you, why do you think the mask of another person will?

If you don't HAVE Covid, wearing a mask to protect others is nonsense. A mask mandate should be only for infected people in public and not for healthy.

In Japan it is common for ages, if you have a cold or the flu, wear a mask in public. There is no mandate, they just do it for courtesy, and you know to stay away. Also vulnerable wear a mask VOLONTARILY just to protect themselves. This would be a sane thing, not to force everybody to wear one.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:24   #47

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
Well, this is brainwashed stupid. It doesn't matter if someone is wearing a mask or not. When you got it, you got it. No masks protects you really, if your own cannot protect you, why do you think the mask of another person will?
Or is this "brainwashed stupid"?

Whatever... really no need to get into insults.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:29   #48

Boat: Lagoon 440 & Beneteau Oceanis 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSF View Post
"being masked like a slave" - LOL

The distinguishing feature of being a slave is not having the right to act as you choose, in any way, in ways much more significant than the wearing of a slightly uncomfortable device when shopping.

I choose to wear a mask for the good of others (and myself).

Like a slave?!, He has not seen anyone wearing mask on their jobs? Doctors and medical professionals wear mask every freaking day. Any profession with dirty air would wear a mask - painter, construction worker, etc.. This GQP nutty idea got to stop.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:37   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_pelagia View Post
Or is this "brainwashed stupid"?

Whatever... really no need to get into insults.
Sorry for this, but it is really outragious how some people feel entitled to push others around to wear a mask or to get an experimental human made virus infection shot.

I believe, everybody is free to decide what vaccine to take and what to refuse. If you decide to be part of a human genetic experiment, ok for you, do it, but respect that other people may not want to do the same.

I fear more the vaccine with a human modified alive flu virus spread on purpose by vaccination of millions of people, that can mutate and infect me in the long run with unpredictable consequences for the future, than get c19 and trust my immune system to cope with it, as it does for ages with other flu and cold viruses without the annual jab.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:39   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPNW View Post
Like a slave?!, He has not seen anyone wearing mask on their jobs? Doctors and medical professionals wear mask every freaking day. Any profession with dirty air would wear a mask - painter, construction worker, etc.. This GQP nutty idea got to stop.
You are always free to wear a mask to protect yourself.

But you are not free to force others to wear a mask to feel protected.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:43   #51

Boat: Southerly 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Wrong.. I have faith in my immune system dealing with the virus.. if as is now being stated is true that the vaccine prevents serious illness and death and, as recently stated reduces transmission why the panic..
If the 'experts' are right you are safe..
If I am wrong, I am dead..
What's your problem.???
This is incorrect. Generally, no vaccine is 100%. The better 2 so far are 95%. So still a 5% chance. So you without it can still kill me or my parents. Further, since it isn’t 100%, herd immunity can’t be reached if not enough get it. Remember polio? Small pox? All my employees have to get it when eligible or they lose their job. It’s about being part of a community and a nation.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:50   #52

Boat: Southerly 57

(The following is a US view)It is amazing to me after 911, we spent trillions of dollars, totally revamped travel, have to take off shoes and belts, carry better ID and everyone went along. 3000 some deaths. Now with well over a half million dead, more than all the wars in the last 100 years, so many of our countrymen say they will do nothing to help their fellow citizens. “It infringes my rights” what a piss ass thought process.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:53   #53
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belezar View Post
This is incorrect. Generally, no vaccine is 100%. The better 2 so far are 95%. So still a 5% chance. So you without it can still kill me or my parents. Further, since it isn’t 100%, herd immunity can’t be reached if not enough get it. Remember polio? Small pox? All my employees have to get it when eligible or they lose their job. It’s about being part of a community and a nation.
And so it begins..
Mandatory vaccinations if you want to step outdoors..
Why should my freedom of choice be limited due to others decisions.. Its like me mandating no one can buy Mac's, Taco's etc unless they are within their BMI ideals.

Their decisions.. Their consequences

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
While the 'useful idiots' of the West pay to dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 18-03-2021, 12:53   #54

Quote:
Sorry for this, but it is really outragious how some people feel entitled to push others around to wear a mask or to get an experimental human made virus infection shot.

I believe, everybody is free to decide what vaccine to take and what to refuse. If you decide to be part of a human genetic experiment, ok for you, do it, but respect that other people may not want to do the same.

I fear more the vaccine with a human modified alive flu virus spread on purpose by vaccination of millions of people, that can mutate and infect me in the long run with unpredictable consequences for the future, than get c19 and trust my immune system to cope with it, as it does for ages with other flu and cold viruses without the annual jab.
No Shoes.
No Shirt.
No Mask.
No Service.

Your choice.

Just saying.

Once everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, my employees will be given the choice to be vaccinated or be terminated with severance pay and benefits, similar to my company policy that smokers need to discontinue smoking, and will be provide company paid smoking cessation assistance programs, or they will be discharged. Ditto for use of drugs, [opiods, Schedule 1, etc.] or alcohol abuse.

Ditto goes for an employees' spouse or partner smokes. Not going to pay for second hand smoke risks.

Obviously it will be included in the conditions of hire and already is noticed to those that have recently become employed.

Self induced harm or self induced risk taking are not accepted practices.

I expect that perhaps upwards of 20% of my employees will be discharged, hoping for less; and as many polls show, there will be a remarkable divide along political party affiliation. Never like to discharge people, especially persons of sound skill and character. Never hard to discharge persons that are holding the company back or endangering anyone.

"While polls have found vaccine hesitancy falling overall, opposition among Republicans remains stubbornly strong. A new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 42% of Republicans say they probably or definitely will not get the shot, compared with 17% of Democrats — a 25-point split.
While demand for vaccinations still far outstrips the available supply in most parts of the country, there are already signs in some places of slowing registration. And the impact is expected to grow when supply begins to surpass demand by late April or early May.

https://whdh.com/news/poll-more-than...id-19-vaccine/

“This is going to be the big issue,” “And if we get stuck at 60 or 65% vaccinated, we are going to continue to see significant outbreaks and real challenges in our country, and it’s going to be much, much harder to get back to what we think is normal unless we can get that number higher.”

FYI: Vaccination will be a requisite to suppliers, consultants, vendors, customers desiring to interact in person with my employees. Not unlike our having to comply with ITAR / EAR regulations as to dealings with any and all non-USA citizens. I have to obtain a license to have discussions, emails, phone conversations, visitation, etc. before a non-USA citizen can even be said much more than hello.
Old 18-03-2021, 13:27   #55
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Covid vaccines: risk vs benefit alarming news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
No Shoes.
No Shirt.
No Mask.
No Service.

Your choice.

Just saying.

Once everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, my employees will be given the choice to be vaccinated or be terminated with severance pay and benefits, similar to my company policy that smokers need to discontinue smoking, and will be provide company paid smoking cessation assistance programs, or they will be discharged. Ditto for use of drugs, [opiods, Schedule 1, etc.] or alcohol abuse.

Ditto goes for an employees' spouse or partner smokes. Not going to pay for second hand smoke risks.

Obviously it will be included in the conditions of hire and already is noticed to those that have recently become employed.

Self induced harm or self induced risk taking are not accepted practices.

I expect that perhaps upwards of 20% of my employees will be discharged, hoping for less; and as many polls show, there will be a remarkable divide along political party affiliation. Never like to discharge people, especially persons of sound skill and character. Never hard to discharge persons that are holding the company back or endangering anyone.

"While polls have found vaccine hesitancy falling overall, opposition among Republicans remains stubbornly strong. A new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 42% of Republicans say they probably or definitely will not get the shot, compared with 17% of Democrats — a 25-point split.
While demand for vaccinations still far outstrips the available supply in most parts of the country, there are already signs in some places of slowing registration. And the impact is expected to grow when supply begins to surpass demand by late April or early May.

https://whdh.com/news/poll-more-than...id-19-vaccine/

“This is going to be the big issue,” “And if we get stuck at 60 or 65% vaccinated, we are going to continue to see significant outbreaks and real challenges in our country, and it’s going to be much, much harder to get back to what we think is normal unless we can get that number higher.”

FYI: Vaccination will be a requisite to suppliers, consultants, vendors, customers desiring to interact in person with my employees. Not unlike our having to comply with ITAR / EAR regulations as to dealings with any and all non-USA citizens. I have to obtain a license to have discussions, emails, phone conversations, visitation, etc. before a non-USA citizen can even be said much more than hello.
So will you include those exceeding their BMI..
Its a proven fact that obesity is (bar the genetic exceptions) self harm and the main reason why Covid Deaths are so high in the UK, US and other Western countries.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
While the 'useful idiots' of the West pay to dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 18-03-2021, 13:36   #56

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202

Yeah, Republicans are just a PITA,
Abolish the Right.
They are UnAmerican.
Care for noone else.
SV Cloud Duster
Old 18-03-2021, 13:44   #57
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:

If you don't HAVE Covid, wearing a mask to protect others is nonsense. A mask mandate should be only for infected people in public and not for healthy.
While you make a valid point, you forget that an infected person expresses the virus before they know they are inflected; as well, many people have asymptomatic inflections. So at the end of the day, many people who feel and appear healthy are expressing the virus. These are the reasons masks should be 'normal' wear.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-03-2021, 13:58   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
So will you include those exceeding their BMI..
Its a proven fact that obesity is (bar the genetic exceptions) self harm and the main reason why Covid Deaths are so high in the UK, US and other Western countries.
We have company paid weight loss and exercise programs, e.g. gym memberships. Will be implementing carrot approaches to achieving weight and fitness goals.

There be the genetic / metabolic disorders that are causes of obesity, but for the vast majority it is just diet and lack of exercise that makes for chubbyiness and greatly increases health risks.

Indeed I perceive that one could use BMI or waist to height ratios as a metric for pricing in health and life insurance premiums. Pay by the excess pound. Ditto for airplane ticket prices. One pays for baggage exceeding say 50 pounds, charge the flyers more for their body mass.
Old 18-03-2021, 14:14   #59
lyl

Quote:

In Japan it is common for ages, if you have a cold or the flu, wear a mask in public. There is no mandate, they just do it for courtesy, and you know to stay away. Also vulnerable wear a mask VOLONTARILY just to protect themselves. This would be a sane thing, not to force everybody to wear one.
Sir,

Please, wear a mask when you are around others to protect them from getting Covid 19. You could have the virus but be asymptomatic, therefore spreading the disease without knowing, or in the incubation period of the sickness, which could last over a week, and spreading in the meantime.

Best Regards,
Full.
Old 18-03-2021, 15:59   #60

India didnt ban HCQ nor Ivermectin. Covid medicine package in India sells for $2.80. In several countries even possessing these drugs has become something you can be criminally prosecuted for. Doctors with years of experience and a track record of not having a single covid patient die were prohibited from obtaining these drugs that save lives.

It appears to currently be in the government and media's interest to have people continue to die to keep the population afraid and clamoring for protection (which means permanent loss of your inalienable rights).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupaia View Post
Average age in US 38.5 years average weight 20 year old + 197lbs

Average age in India 29 years average weight of males 143 lbs

Average ages in Western countries with very high rates

UK 40.5, Spain 44, Italy 45.7

Covid is known to be more deadly if you are old or obese.

It's your call make your own judgement as to survivability depending on your age and weight.

Tags
alarm