Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2021, 19:18   #1366

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: Covid vaccination status for CF members

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNewBee View Post
No, not at all. That's kismet, and I do still have a somewhat working immune system, as I try to avoid any unnecessary medication or even a visit of a physician - it is not compromised yet, no allergies or whatsoever - so I trust it more to react the right way when necessary.
Watch out for that epoxy.

I used to have a perfectly functioning immune system too, until epoxy destroyed it.

I’ve fought for years now to get it back on track and am making pretty good progress, mostly by avoiding everything epoxy made me allergic to.
Old 25-04-2021, 19:50   #1367

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post

I used to have a perfectly functioning immune system too, until epoxy destroyed it.

I’ve fought for years now to get it back on track and am making pretty good progress, mostly by avoiding everything epoxy made me allergic to.
Sure, wear a mask, use gloves, wash hands, keep distance [emoji12]

Btw, a real mask, with real inhale filters for the organic vapors, not this cloth pf2 crap.
Old 26-04-2021, 04:07   #1368

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdonald View Post
Sorry you didn't understand my post. I didn't have a hard time making an appointment. It only took a few minutes a day to find out there weren't any available in my area to sign up for. Easy peasy. After a week of attempts I found that CVS had openings. They were all gone in less than 4 hours. I have a lot better things to do than volunteer for remedial labor in order to get a shot.

Did Maine finally open their borders to the rest of the country?

The Maine border with NH has never been closed. Like many states, they supposedly require quarantining or a negative test result when returning from states with high numbers of Covid but there was no enforcement, so practically speaking there was never any restriction unless you voluntarily complied with what amounted to a recommendation. These recommendations don’t apply to states that don’t require traveling through NY to get here. Flights arrive from NYC and points south every day and nobody is even trying to keep track of the travelers and or whether they quarantine or get tested or are vaccinated.

I guess you happen to live in an area that somehow fell through the cracks so they don’t have enough vaccine but it’s not that way in most of the US. If you read the article in the link I posted you’d know that the rest of the world is getting mad at us for putting our people first so they can’t get enough vaccine for their people. No other US citizen has posted on CF that they are unable to get vaccinated if they tried. Its so widely available here that demand at large vax sites is decreasing because rather than drive an hour+ to the large vax sites people are just going to their local drugstore pharmacy or even supermarket pharmacy and getting it done there.
Old 26-04-2021, 05:58   #1369
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
5 Apps to Help You Find a Bathroom
https://www.everydayhealth.com/crohn...nd-a-bathroom/
Gord,

I only tried the first app. It most assuredly does NOT provide directions to public bathrooms. It is a list of some places that have bathrooms IF they are open. And not a very good list at that.

I tried two areas I am very familiar with; my neighborhood in Philadeldhia and Edenton, NC. Edenton DOES have open public access bathrooms, they were NOT listed. There are open public bathrooms at some transit stations in Philadelphia. Not all of them are shown.

You would he better off simply searching for McDonalds and Starbucks.

Nice idea, no joy. It surely does not meet my idea of qualifying for civilized status. That is not fixed with an app.

But thanks for the attempt.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:01   #1370

Any of you have the ability to add another quarantine partner into your social bubble? Asking for a young friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quarantine partner.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	237295  
Old 26-04-2021, 07:01   #1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post

Did you work with it at one time so got a large exposure, or what circumstances led to the damage in your immune system?
Old 26-04-2021, 10:50   #1372

US to share AstraZeneca shots with world after safety check

The U.S. will begin sharing its entire stock of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines with the world once it clears federal safety reviews, the White House said Monday, with as many as 60 million doses expected to be available for export in the coming months.

The move greatly expands on the Biden administration’s action last month to share about 4 million doses of the vaccine with Mexico and Canada. The AstraZeneca vaccine is widely in use around the world but has not yet been authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The White House is increasingly assured about the supply of the three vaccines being administered in the U.S., particularly following the restart of the single-dose Johnson & Johnson shot over the weekend. The U.S. has also been under mounting pressure in recent weeks to share more of its vaccine supply with the world, as countries like India experience devastating surges of the virus and others struggle to access doses needed to protect their most vulnerable populations.

https://apnews.com/article/politics-...d9a51065351d9d
Old 26-04-2021, 15:47   #1373

Boat: Luger, Southwind, 21

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/25/comp...s-limited.html
Old 26-04-2021, 18:24   #1374

Boat: Luger, Southwind, 21

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/
Old 26-04-2021, 18:50   #1375

Boat: Rafiki 37

A suggestion, at least from my perspective... if you're going to post a link to something please give us, at the very least, a short précis of what it is, and why you think it worth clicking on. Otherwise, why would I bother to follow it?
Old 26-04-2021, 18:51   #1376

Boat: C&C 35 MK-II

(sigh)
https://medium.com/beingwell/fact-ch...n-3a228302ba0c
Old 26-04-2021, 20:05   #1377

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
Any of you have the ability to add another quarantine partner into your social bubble? Asking for a young friend.
I'll take him or her.
Old 26-04-2021, 20:13   #1378

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
If you read the article in the link I posted you’d know that the rest of the world is getting mad at us for putting our people first so they can’t get enough vaccine for their people.
This is true. Vaccinating just the US does not protect the US from variants spread from unvaccinated foreign countries. It has to be a world vaccination program. The US bowed to pressure from it's citizens to vaccinate the US first. Vaccination was not rolled out to maximize the saving of lives but was done for political reasons. It will bite us in the ass. Effective leadership would have been able to make that clear to it's citizens but that's another discussion.
Old 27-04-2021, 01:43   #1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdonald View Post
This is true. Vaccinating just the US does not protect the US from variants spread from unvaccinated foreign countries. It has to be a world vaccination program. The US bowed to pressure from it's citizens to vaccinate the US first. Vaccination was not rolled out to maximize the saving of lives but was done for political reasons. It will bite us in the ass. Effective leadership would have been able to make that clear to it's citizens but that's another discussion.

If you were king of the world how would you have distributed the first few hundred millions of doses? Since the job of politicians in every country is to represent the people who elected them it’s no surprise that the US “bowed” to its citizens to vaccinate the US first. Do you really think that politicians in any other country wouldnt put their own citizens first on the list?

It IS a world vaccination program but with limited doses available at any given moment, everybody can’t get vaccinated at the same time. That would be nice but it’s not realistic so no matter who went first we would have had to deal with variants that evolve among the unvaccinated during the process of getting everyone vaccinated. So all we can do is vaccinate as many as possible as quickly as possible and hope for the best. I would say our biggest threat is the current lack of trust among people all around the world that has turned a health issue into a political one that has way too many people choosing to not get vaccinated, citing all kinds of weird conspiracies and pseudo scientific theories as the reason why. Then, in a few years when a new variant is once again killing millions and causes us to all have to get revaccinated, these same people who resisted vaccination and in whom the new variant mutated and began to spread will say “I told you so, that vaccine was no good.” Its the mistrust that makes this scenario likely that will make this covid threat into much more of a danger to humanity than it needs to be.
Old 27-04-2021, 03:34   #1380
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Cheap, Easy, DIY, Homemade Covid-19 Vaccine

The Rapid Deployment Vaccine Collaborative, or RaDVaC, is a group of scientists working on an open-source, low-tech COVID-19 vaccine, that costs pennies per dose, and can be whipped up, at home, in about an hour. All the materials: saline solution, small pieces of proteins that are similar to those of the coronavirus, and cross-linking chemicals, including one called chitosan [made from shellfish and insect carapaces], can be bought online, with no special licenses or permission. And the recipe is open-source, meaning anyone can use it.

The vaccine isn’t proven to work, and it doesn’t have regulatory authorization.

It also hasn’t gone through huge, lengthy, costly clinical trials like those undertaken by Moderna Inc., Pfizer Inc., AstraZeneca Plc and Johnson & Johnson.

RaDVaC: Rapid Deployment Vaccine Collaborativehttps://radvac.org/

More ➥ https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/20...-are-trying-it

DISCLAIMER: I am, in NO WAY endorsing, nor recommending this product.

Tags