Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 13-10-2021, 16:51   #2881

Boat: Sceptre 41
Re: Canadian COVID-19 News

From the UK, but relevant to here in Canada:

How my ivermectin research led to Twitter death threats: Andrew Hill

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-death-threats
Old 13-10-2021, 17:23   #2882

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstanford View Post
...In the same spirit, I can understand someone believing that the risks inherent in relatively untested vaccines are so great that the safest way forward for them is to not only not get vaccinated but to also encourage those around them to follow the same path. I don't agree with them and I certainly don't agree with violent or derisive protest actions, but I can look at their risk assessment thinking and understand why they have made the choices they have...
NO! There is NO risk assessment thinking going on with these folks.

There is NO thinking going on with these folks. Risk assessment? You've got to be kidding.

They are either:
  • Influenced by their tribe or political leaders (and opposed to anything from the other side)
  • Gullible to the point of imbecile when presented with intentional misinformation of social media or right wing broadcast media
  • So socially privilged that they have a lot of excess time for these odd ball ideas.
  • Just plain intellectually challenged
They have a right to choose for themselves, but must accept the consequences imposed by society, including considerable isolation.

No sympathy, NONE!
Old 13-10-2021, 17:43   #2883

Montanans and other Yanks soon to be welcoming Canadians.

Snowbirds from up north will be headed down I-15 and US93.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-us...150335485.html

What do I need to have with me to enter the U.S. by land or ferry?

Proof of vaccination will be part of the standard U.S. Customs and Border Protection process.

Individuals who do not have proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will not be allowed to travel for non-essential purposes. There is no requirement to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test to enter the U.S.

What vaccines are accepted by U.S. officials?

This announcement comes after U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention decided that Canadians who received the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine can visit the U.S. when new travel rules come into effect next month.

Rules have not been released for travellers who received mixed doses of COVID-19 vaccines.

U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are fully vaccinated have been allowed back to Canada since August, after waiting at least 14 days after finished a full course of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine. Fully vaccinated Canadians will be able to cross the land and ferry border between the U.S. and Canada more freely in November.

On Tuesday night, Alejandro N. Mayorkas, U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security, announced that individuals who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 can enter the U.S. through the Canadian and Mexican land border, or by ferry.

"In alignment with the new international air travel system that will be implemented in November, we will begin allowing travelers from Mexico and Canada who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to enter the United States for non-essential purposes, including to visit friends and family or for tourism, via land and ferry border crossings," the statement from Secretary Mayorkas reads.

No specific date has been announced for when these new rules come into effect.

Meanwhile, awakened to this in southwest Montana on Monday, October 11th. Decided to not sip my morning coffee from the patio lounge chair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dillon snow October 11.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	246814  
Old 13-10-2021, 18:18   #2884

Boat: Custom steel, 41' LOD

Anyone coming into Canada, including Canadian citizens ducking across the border for a tank of gas, will have to present the results of a PCR test taken within 72 hours of their entry into Canada - so get it before you go down for a short trip.
Old 14-10-2021, 12:27   #2885
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

“Legislation to Protect Patients, Health-Service Providers, Staff of Healthcare Facilities”

Nova Scotia is proposing legislation, aimed at prohibiting protests, that block access to hospitals, and other health-care facilities.

The government says the ‘Protecting Access to Health Services Act’ will also ban protests at the homes of patients, who receive care where they live.

The legislation would establish a 50-metre "safe access bubble" around hospitals, and other facilities, such as doctors' offices, where protests would not be permitted.

Quebec has adopted a law banning COVID-19-related protests outside schools and hospitals, while Alberta recently announced it was adding hospitals, clinics, and other health-care facilities to a list of essential infrastructure, protected under an anti-blockade law.

Press Release from N.S. Premier's Office
https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20211014006

See also [Scientists Under Attack] https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3502079

Old 14-10-2021, 13:55   #2886
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Rocks with antivax messaging thrown through windows of 2 small businesses in Cambridge
https://globalnews.ca/news/8266280/a...ism-cambridge/

Old 16-10-2021, 07:11   #2887

U.S. confirms it will accept Canadian travellers with mixed vaccines

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s...213176?cmp=rss

Individuals inoculated with any combination of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by U.S. regulators or the World Health Organization will be considered fully vaccinated, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) told CBC News.
Old 16-10-2021, 07:13   #2888

Why doctors say COVID booster shots aren't for everyone — yet

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/secon...213678?cmp=rss

People shouldn't necessarily compare what's happening in the U.S. and Israel to the booster situation in Canada, Bowdish said.

"The Canadian situation is very different," she said. "We made a couple of gambles early on that have really paid off."

One is the decision NACI made last March to lengthen the time between first and second doses to a maximum of 16 weeks, compared to the three-week spacing recommended by Pfizer and four weeks recommended for Moderna.

"That increased length of time had actually been proven to be extremely beneficial," Bowdish said.

Preliminary research from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control and the Quebec National Institute of Public Health (INSPQ) have demonstrated an increased level of vaccine protection with the longer intervals.

Another Canadian decision — to allow the mixing and matching of approved vaccines — also proved to be effective, Bowdish said.
Old 16-10-2021, 07:30   #2889

193 pages. Wow! Is that some kind of record? Do you think we'll ever get to 200?
Old 17-10-2021, 09:31   #2890

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
193 pages. Wow! Is that some kind of record? Do you think we'll ever get to 200?
Hell yeah. This is the best covid thread going, informative (I now know a lot about your regulations) & entertaining (I love watching Canadians trying to call the other side names all the while retaining that essentially Canadian niceness).

I think I was a Canadian in a former life.

Carry on.
Old 17-10-2021, 10:07   #2891

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
Hell yeah. This is the best covid thread going, informative (I now know a lot about your regulations) & entertaining (I love watching Canadians trying to call the other side names all the while retaining that essentially Canadian niceness).

I think I was a Canadian in a former life.

Carry on.

Ah, you're an honourary (note spelling) Canadian. You live in Cascadia (Alaska, BC, Washington State, Oregon, Northern California) which is by far the most Canada-like part of the US (with just the NICEST people ), you live (or at least keep your boat) right on the Canadian border, you cruise up here a lot, and you bought a Canadian boat.

Yeah, you're one of us eh?
Old 17-10-2021, 10:09   #2892

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Ah, you're an honourary (note spelling) Canadian. You live in Cascadia (Alaska, BC, Washington State, Oregon, Northern California) which is by far the most Canada-like part of the US (with just the NICEST people , you live (or at least keep your boat) right on the Canadian border, you cruise up here a lot, and you bought a Canadian boat.

Hmmmm... I dunno. I've never heard her say "sorry..." It is a prerequisite
Old 17-10-2021, 10:24   #2893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macblaze View Post
Hmmmm... I dunno. I've never heard her say "sorry..." It is a prerequisite

Luv it!
Old 17-10-2021, 11:54   #2894

Boat: Custom Swedish Vindö 50 (35 ft)

Quote:
Ah, you're an honourary (note spelling) Canadian. You live in Cascadia (Alaska, BC, Washington State, Oregon, Northern California) which is by far the most Canada-like part of the US (with just the NICEST people ), you live (or at least keep your boat) right on the Canadian border, you cruise up here a lot, and you bought a Canadian boat.

I've always found Vermont to be the most "Canadian" state in the US.
Old 17-10-2021, 11:56   #2895

Boat: Hunter 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
I've always found Vermont to be the most "Canadian" state in the US.
It's the maple syrup connection