Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2021, 02:48   #316

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Australian quarantine equality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
So for Malaysia is that $2000 minimum for boat maintenance or is that $2000 Visa and then boat maintenance?
I just completed 14 day quarantine in Malaysia with costs around usd3k for the two of us. For coming with a boat, it is a little different as that is just opening up. You take your boat to a marina that is setup for quarantining after you get entry permission. Stay on the quarantine dock for specified period. 7 or 10 days depending on if you have a recent negative PCR test. You pay the marina for the berth. You pay the government for testing and a fixed monitoring fee of about usd$5 or 600 a person.
I don't believe there is any specific minimum on the maintenance work. When you apply you will state where and what you will be doing. If it doesn't come across as reasonable for the locals you won't get entry permission.

I am currently at the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club,. They have recently moved boats off the end of E dock to make it their quarantine dock. They have there first quarantine boat coming in from Sumatra in a few days,
Old 26-01-2021, 02:53   #317

Looks like I'll be going to Sydney in a couple of months. Is it still $3000. Food included right?
Old 26-01-2021, 05:24   #318

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Malaysia, after your quarantine and work done in a yard, you are free to sail around the state you are in. Currently it is difficult to travel inter-state.
And, to reinforce Paul L, that (being free to sail in the waters of Kedah) is all.

Malaysia is in a state of emergency, with federal parliament and state assemblies suspended.

At least until 4 February, no interstate travel within Malaysia by land or sea, no eating out, no fast ferry to Penang, no public festivities for Thaipusam (no kevadi or milkpot carrying etc), and - on land - no travel from one county (daerah) to another.

The Malaysian Ministry of Health finds one case on Langkawi every day or three. Sometimes in Kuah, sometimes (as is the case for today 26 January) outside Kuah.

The current restriction of movement will be reviewed. Thaipusam is due on 28 January. Chinese New Year is slated for 12 February.

Note that the Minister of Education of Singapore yesterday said he expects the pandemic to be continuing for 4 or 5 years and warned the population of Singapore to expect bumps on the way to full vaccination.

Here's today's map of new cases in the state of Kedah:-
Old 26-01-2021, 20:16   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
Looks like I'll be going to Sydney in a couple of months. Is it still $3000. Food included right?
At the moment, my understanding is that the $A3,000 figure including food is correct.

Of course, you need to present a negative test taken within 72 hours of your departure.

Whether the 14 day duration of hotel quarantine is abbreviated, or whether you might have the option of home quarantine, might change in two months' time. But don't hold your breath.

All the wise heads in Aus are now nodding at the suggestion that Scummo, the current prime minister of Aus, is considering a federal election before the end of calendar 2021. Taking into account that Scummo is regarded as the "most political" and hence "least focused on policy" prime minister in recent times might suggest something.

In addition, somewhere below the surface is a dynamic, played out between the Aus federal govt and the state govts, about which govt bears (or should bear) the financial and non-financial costs of quarantine for arriving passengers.

Note also that Aus has not yet decided how to deal with the entry of persons holding a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19.

For now, I can but suggest you keep checking:

1. The Aus govt's advice for people arriving in Aus
https://www.health.gov.au/news/healt...nal-travellers

2. The NSW state govt's advice on quarantine in NSW
https://www.health.gov.au/news/healt...nal-travellers

The situation may (or not) change before you arrive in Aus.
Old 26-01-2021, 22:03   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post
Note also that Aus has not yet decided how to deal with the entry of persons holding a certificate of vaccination against Covid-19.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration of Aus (TGA) has to date only approved the German BioNTech ComiRNAty vaccine (that's a vaccine sponsored by a company called Pfizer Australia). See: https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-vacc...-registrations

The enlightened ones reckon that the first public vaccinations against Covid-19 are likely to be administered in late February and in March 2021.

Soon or late, the Aus officials in charge of sending arriving passengers to quarantine will have to deal with the realities that some passengers will show vaccination certificates.

That's when someone will have to decide what constitutes a valid vaccination certificate and what vaccines are acceptable (e.g. Sinovac Coronovac? Sputnik V? or only vaccines registered with the TGA after some "sponsor" has crossed someone's palm with silver?).

Goodness knows how the Aus Border Force is dealing with passengers arriving with a negative test for Covid.

Many jurisdictions in Southeast Asia ditched their requirements for a test certificate when they realise that their requirement had only created a demand for fake test certificates, soon satisfied by entrepreneurs with scanners, computers, editing software, and printers.

Every dark/sable cloud has a silver lining, according to Johnnie Milton in 1634. About three centuries later, Noel Coward reckoned the truth was every silver lining has a cloud.
Old 26-01-2021, 22:36   #321
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mighty View Post

Goodness knows how the Aus Border Force is dealing with passengers arriving with a negative test for Covid.

"Sorry buddy that ain't worth the paper it's printed on, it's off to quarantine for you and here's your bill for 3 Grand - Have a Nice Day"
Old 27-01-2021, 03:20   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
"Sorry buddy that ain't worth the paper it's printed on, it's off to quarantine for you and here's your bill for 3 Grand - Have a Nice Day"
That makes sense. With the flight restrictions a lot of people will be stopping at 2-3 airports on the way. My flight back will have me waiting at two international airports for 5-11 hours each. I'll be vaccinated but can still easily carry the virus on me.
Old 27-01-2021, 03:27   #323
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
That makes sense. With the flight restrictions a lot of people will be stopping at 2-3 airports on the way. My flight back will have me waiting at two international airports for 5-11 hours each. I'll be vaccinated but can still easily carry the virus on me.

Tests in Australia are irrelevant if Negative. My wife quarantined in a Hotel and was tested within 72 hours of landing and day 10 - Both Negative, but no early release.

I got caught up in the whole Queensland single Case farce coming back to WA and had to quarantine - 7 days after I had returned - I again had 2 tests and both negative yet no early reprieve.

Fear Driven, Anally Retentive, Police state politicians is what we have in Australia.
Old 27-01-2021, 05:09   #324

I hear you UFO
I know someone who also left QLD for WA then 4 days later had to isolate themselves for 2 weeks in a remote mining camp i the middle of the Pilbara. Tiny room , no internet, **** food.
I don’t think they went anywhere near Brisbane where the case was.
But when they locked down Bris it was for only 3 days.
WA was 2 weeks.
There is something wrong with that premier.

Tags
Australia