Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2020, 02:00   #211

Re: Australian quarantine equality?

23 Kiwis snuck into Western Australia via the NZ/NSW/NT Bubble but got caught and are now in quarantine, this bubble has quite a few holes in it...

Travellers from New Zealand fly into WA under coronavirus trans-Tasman travel bubble arrangement

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-...UdtREyNCQcMpQ8

Be Brave, Take Risks, Nothing Can Substitute Experience
Old 18-10-2020, 02:24   #212

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
23 Kiwis snuck into Western Australia via the NZ/NSW/NT Bubble but got caught and are now in quarantine, this bubble has quite a few holes in it...

Travellers from New Zealand fly into WA under coronavirus trans-Tasman travel bubble arrangement

I don't think these people are 'snucking' anywhere... they flew into Perth on a scheduled flight and when they got there said 'G'day.. we are from Unzud'

'Snucking' would be cloaking yourself in a roo skin and ... while hopping across the Nullarbor... telling everyone you met thet your name was Skippy.....

Blame the system not the people....
Old 18-10-2020, 03:00   #213
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:

No one is sneaking in to WA - Its closed tighter than tight can be
Old 18-10-2020, 03:04   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
No one is sneaking in to WA - Its closed tighter than tight can be
They got in then got nikked trying to use the loophole that got the 17 into Vic only this time they got caught at the Airport and detained, or are you trying to say they did not arrive in WA??

Old 18-10-2020, 03:12   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I don't think these people are 'snucking' anywhere... they flew into Perth on a scheduled flight and when they got there said 'G'day.. we are from Unzud'

'Snucking' would be cloaking yourself in a roo skin and ... while hopping across the Nullarbor... telling everyone you met thet your name was Skippy.....

Blame the system not the people....
I am not blaming the people or do you not understand the meaning of "this bubble has quite a few holes in it..."

I don't blame anyone for trying to get back to their loved ones, but now they are in limbo with the WA Gov to decide whether to return them or not.

Old 18-10-2020, 03:13   #216
UFO

Quote:
They got in then got nikked tying to use the loophole that got the 17 into Vic only this time the got caught at the Airport, or are you trying to say they did not arrive in WA??

No - There is no loophole here - NO ONE can arrive from ANYWHERE without going into quarantine - They have even caught a few trying to drive in on the back roads and sneak over the border.

Our borders are closed to everyone no matter where you come from - Quarantine for all - Well maybe mining companies excepted and mates of the premier.
Old 18-10-2020, 03:16   #217
UFO

Quote:
I am not blaming the people or do you not understand the meaning of "this bubble has quite a few holes in it..."

I don't blame anyone for trying to get back to their loved ones, but now they are in limbo with the WA Gov to decide whether to return them or not.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

You need to apply to come to WA and if successful then its 14 days quarantine.

I know of a few people who's adult children have tried to come back from NSW and ACT and they have been refused on application - One girl 3 times.

So if they let these Kiwis quarantine and stay then its a bit taking the Michael.
Old 18-10-2020, 03:33   #218

Quote:
No - There is no loophole here - NO ONE can arrive from ANYWHERE without going into quarantine - They have even caught a few trying to drive in on the back roads and sneak over the border.

Our borders are closed to everyone no matter where you come from - Quarantine for all - Well maybe mining companies excepted and mates of the premier.
My family live in WA, i'm from WA, we have crew on the ship in Darwin from WA, i know the WA requirements, under normal circumstances these guys would not have received permission to travel to WA in the first place, as Mcgowan says "We would prefer better management of these arrangements, but this is something that happened that was outside of our control,"

Old 18-10-2020, 04:10   #219

Quote:

They are in quarantine for 14 days ...and they are all quite happy with that.... being back where they want to be...
The arrived in Australia legally... they bought tickets to Perth legally.... they did not try and conceal their origins when they arrived in Perth...

There is no suggestion of them being sent back anywhere...

https://www.goulburnpost.com.au/stor...rive-in-perth/
Old 18-10-2020, 04:15   #220
UFO

Quote:
They are in quarantine for 14 days ...and they are all quite happy with that.... being back where they want to be...
The arrived in Australia legally... they bought tickets to Perth legally.... they did not try and conceal their origins when they arrived in Perth...

Well whats the point of the application process if you can just flout it? I'll tell my friends screw the application and just arrive!
Old 18-10-2020, 04:42   #221

Quote:

In your link.....?

In the link i originally posted it states quite clearly....

Quote:
The State Government is considering whether the New Zealand arrivals will be sent back, with that decision to be based on their personal circumstances.
...and as far as legally arriving and buying tickets or doing anything untoward i never claimed otherwise!! or are you reading to much into the snuck remark....?

They used the bubble to get into Aus and from there used it to get into WA, if it wasn't for the bubble the situation would not have arisen, the bubble was not established with the intention of giving those arriving the opportunity to head off to where they please......

From your own link....."Under the trans-Tasman travel bubble, anyone arriving from New Zealand is currently restricted to NSW and the Northern Territory."

.......none of them went through the normal channels of applying to travel to WA before leaving NZ as is required of all other overseas arrivals, the bubble helped them circumvent WA's requirements....

Old 18-10-2020, 05:06   #222

Quote:
Well whats the point of the application process if you can just flout it? I'll tell my friends screw the application and just arrive!
Don't tell me your troubles... go and have a chat with Scotty from marketing...
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...18-p5667q.html
Old 18-10-2020, 16:35   #223

Boat: Island Packet 40

From The Age article:

"On Sunday morning Mr Tudge said Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton was at the expert medical panel meeting where issues around the trans-Tasman bubble agreement were discussed.

He said Professor Sutton had not raised any concerns, but the Chief Health Officer disputed claims he was present at the meeting when the issues were being raised"

Said he was late because the dog had eaten his invitation.
Old 18-10-2020, 16:49   #224
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
From The Age article:

"On Sunday morning Mr Tudge said Victorian Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton was at the expert medical panel meeting where issues around the trans-Tasman bubble agreement were discussed.

He said Professor Sutton had not raised any concerns, but the Chief Health Officer disputed claims he was present at the meeting when the issues were being raised"

Said he was late because the dog had eaten his invitation.
Was Professor Sutton late?
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 18-10-2020, 17:12   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Was Professor Sutton late?
So he says...... I hear he doesn't take his jacket off when he comes into work these days... doesn't bring a cut lunch either..

I give him 14 days.. more or less....

Meanwhile I think Scotty from marketing is a 21st century Thomas Austin.... I'll let you do your own research on that.....

Tags
Australia