Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2020, 20:56   #241

Re: Australian quarantine equality?

Yep, it’s pretty sweet down south as well..
Old 20-10-2020, 14:56   #242

Smile Re: Australian quarantine equality?

I grew up in Sydney, went to school there, lived in a Melbourne and left at 24 never to return. The bureaucracy drove me out. Many years later I suggested to the Australian consulate in Chicago that their heavy handed attitudes were a result of their convict heritage .
He got quite shirty and made me present myself personally and wait for two hours just to renew my passport
Sorry for all the agro they are putting you through but it comes with the territory. In my case the only alternative was to leave and not go back
I have lived and worked in 25 countries over the last fifty years but none compare to the rigidity and high handedness of Australian bureaucracy.
They raise bloody mindedness to an art form. I feel sorry that you have fallen prey to their vindictiveness but it is what it is, they have the power and you have none and that’s how they like it. Sad but true.
I don’t visit much.
Old 20-10-2020, 15:12   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMS SRQ View Post
I grew up in Sydney, went to school there, lived in a Melbourne and left at 24 never to return. The bureaucracy drove me out. Many years later I suggested to the Australian consulate in Chicago that their heavy handed attitudes were a result of their convict heritage .
He got quite shirty and made me present myself personally and wait for two hours just to renew my passport
Sorry for all the agro they are putting you through but it comes with the territory. In my case the only alternative was to leave and not go back
I have lived and worked in 25 countries over the last fifty years but none compare to the rigidity and high handedness of Australian bureaucracy.
They raise bloody mindedness to an art form. I feel sorry that you have fallen prey to their vindictiveness but it is what it is, they have the power and you have none and that’s how they like it. Sad but true.
I don’t visit much.
I could not agree more. I have had pretty much identical experiences except never lived in melbourne (thankfully).

I believe the government was there originally to subjugate the population and it's role simply never changed. Simple as that.

Funnily enough I believe that most australians like it that way, the rest of us leave.
It is hard to understand how other countries operate without experiencing it, a LOT of australians who travel do not return.

I don't visit much either. Everybody happy.....which is great
Old 20-10-2020, 16:16   #244

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMS SRQ View Post
I don’t visit much.
Oh yeah, they can be real mongrels but you obviously have never had ti suffer getting an drivers license in Cairo.
Old 21-10-2020, 14:14   #245

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
Here's where the problem is for dangerous Dan. It did not get loose in any of the other states and that nasty Credlin woman with her extensive knowledge of how bureaucracies work and forensic turn of mind is gradually uncovering the reasons why and forcing further investigation on the inquiry he set up to placate a subservient The Age, The Guardian, the ABC media. Not only is this woman smart and tough she appears to be also independent and refuses to join the "Dan's the man" zeitgeist.

From what she has managed to uncover it appears that whilst the relevant government department actually did some research and identified suitable contractors these were not wholly within the ideological envelope of their political masters and the advice subsequently was ignored and a properly woke contractor chosen.

Now everyone makes the odd mistake and whilst it might appear that government should run an efficient administration it is even more important that those with the correct viewpoint should rule even if in all other respects they are incompetent to do so. Hopefully someone will find a way to muzzle this terrier of the Murdoch media and we can get back to ensuring that the anarchist dog walking senior citizens and pregnant mothers are thwarted in their attempts to get loose on the streets.
I'd vote Credlin for PM! This woman is smart and strong, a journalist asking the tuff questions and not allowing herself to be intimidated, we lack leaders.

On another note regarding over ruled, I agree we are, BUT it's a place that provides safe haven when the worlds not going so good, like now. It's also big enough that you can bug out and ignore it all...sitting behind Fraser now, very peaceful theres no noise.
Old 21-10-2020, 15:19   #246
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

I don't get this fanboy adoration of Credlin. Yes, she is smart and strong and can ask the tough questions but she certainly isn't a journalist - at least not in the traditional sense of the word.

At the best, she is a junkyard attack dog who is chained to one side of the fence.

A proper journalist is more like a bloodhound roaming the hills and dales hunting down offensive behaviour without fear or favour wherever the smell is bad.

Nothing wrong with a chained attack dog if one recognises it for what it is but never confuse such a dog to a real bloodhound that searches far and wide for blood (i.e. news) wherever it is found.

Credlin is wedded to the master's boot by a short leash and will only see what the master allows.

If there were more bloodhounds and less Credlin's, I venture we would have more quarantine equality.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-10-2020, 15:20   #247

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
very peaceful theres no noise.
In a very real way, cruising can spoil one for cities: it is light all the time; you can't see the stars; you don't watch their nightly travel across the heavens; you can't smell the ocean....
Old 21-10-2020, 16:01   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
I don't get this fanboy adoration of Credlin. Yes, she is smart and strong and can ask the tough questions but she certainly isn't a journalist - at least not in the traditional sense of the word.

At the best, she is a junkyard attack dog who is chained to one side of the fence.

A proper journalist is more like a bloodhound roaming the hills and dales hunting down offensive behaviour without fear or favour wherever the smell is bad.

Nothing wrong with a chained attack dog if one recognises it for what it is but never confuse such a dog to a real bloodhound that searches far and wide for blood (i.e. news) wherever it is found.

Credlin is wedded to the master's boot by a short leash and will only see what the master allows.

If there were more bloodhounds and less Credlin's, I venture we would have more quarantine equality.
I agree shes to right bias.
Old 21-10-2020, 16:02   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
In a very real way, cruising can spoil one for cities: it is light all the time; you can't see the stars; you don't watch their nightly travel across the heavens; you can't smell the ocean....
Hi Ann, it's been a while since I've been on Sukha by myself, combine that with a very peaceful Anchorage and its hard not to stay longer.
Old 21-10-2020, 16:32   #250

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:

Credlin is a Murdoch goon.... and probably was on his payroll when she was the puppeteer and the Mad Monk was the puppet.....
Lets just hope she and Bolt don't start breeding....

The woman who shut down Radio Australia was another one of the Dirty Diggers 5th columnists........
Old 21-10-2020, 16:41   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Hi Ann, it's been a while since I've been on Sukha by myself, combine that with a very peaceful Anchorage and its hard not to stay longer.

This is the other side of the maxim - never cruise to a timetable. Usually given as a warning about hurrying into danger but it also is useful in the circumstance you are currently in - stay and enjoy while you can!!!!

I do recall anchoring late at night in a new (to me) bay thinking we would get an early start the following morning. On seeing the bay in the morning light, we stayed a day and then two and finally left after two weeks. While it was three decades ago now, that fortnight has lodged itself into a vivid cruising memory!

Thanks for the memory trigger!!!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 21-10-2020, 17:09   #252
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
e.

Trouble is they are far and very few between, most are just copy and paste Journalists nowadays, regurgitating the same old drivel.
Old 21-10-2020, 17:16   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Credlin is a Murdoch goon.... and probably was on his payroll when she was the puppeteer and the Mad Monk was the puppet.....
Lets just hope she and Bolt don't start breeding....

The woman who shut down Radio Australia was another one of the Dirty Diggers 5th columnists........
What if Credlin and Daniel Andrews breed, that might work[emoji1787]
Old 21-10-2020, 18:34   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Trouble is they are far and very few between, most are just copy and paste Journalists nowadays, regurgitating the same old drivel.
Unfortunately you are correct (IMO).

There is no easy way to know if the jurnos are just being slack or looking the other way (intentionally).

However if the government of the day starts complaining of media bias, then that is a fair indication the journo is doing their job. Power corrupts (always has done) and if a bloodhound sniffs out a story about the failings of any government and the pollies complain of bias, there is an odds on chance there is some truth in the story.

IMO
Old 22-10-2020, 02:53   #255

Boat: Island Packet 40

Let's see what you blokes really know about journalism in Australia:

Which organizations are the biggest employers of journalists in Australia?

Just dropped anchor at Bowen after four day run from Cairns and looking forward to a paper and coffee in the morning, civilization has it's uses.

Tags
Australia